Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. (512 Views)

Our Lawyers Are Ready: We Will Recover Your Mandate. Datti Baba Ahmed / On The Seventh Of March Get Ready We Will Take Back Nigeria / PDP Is Not Ready To Take Over Power - Deji Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. by referendum01(m): 5:12pm On Jul 24, 2021
I read the caption "low turn out of voters mar LG election in Lagos" I couldn't help but laugh out very loud. What does these mudfuckers take Nigerians for? Why do they think Nigerians are still interested in cueing under the sun just to vote one criminal somewhere who suddenly rose to prominence few weeks back because election is around the corner?

I am so happy to be alive to witness this new wave of development. This is just the beginning to the end of this decades of political madness and calumny. Very soon even the "low turn out" will not even be there. That means nobody will vote again. I recall growing up, the joy of election and exercising my franchise as enshrined in the constitution. Today all that is gone. No one cares about voting anymore! Truth is it is going to get worst in the coming days. Nigerian politicians should brace up because we are gradually getting there.

Its a case of ones beaten twice shy! The madness can no longer be tolerated. Nigerians has been taking for granted for too long. Which investor continues to invest in business when he can't make profit? Our votes is our investment to say we want better government, working system, standard infrastructure and a nation we can all be proud of.

But today the reverse is the case. Our votes has become a sponsor to go and steal and sqaunder. All we have succeeded in doing in the past years with our votes is raising squandermanias of the highest proprtion you can think of anywhere in the world. Shamless creatures, rogues concienceless fellers. Nigerians are saying enough is enough. In earnest, I will rather catch a lovely sleep in my house than vote any of these retards, clueless and wicked individuals masquerading themselves as leaders in Nigeria.

The saying "everyday for the thief and one day for the owner of the house" is gradually becoming the case of Nigerian politicians. Of course someone may say if nobody votes how do we elect our leaders? Such a wonderful question! But I will also ask such a one which leaders?

Let me take my humble self as an example, I have never enjoyed or benefitted anything from being a Nigerian. I can say with my chest wide open that it has been through the grace of God living in Nigeria and am sure that is the testimony of many out there. We pay with our last sweat to live and survive in this country.

So where does the joy come from to go and vote for any politician? The same way I have lost interest in voting, same way many Nigerians have. We can't keep doing the same thing again and against and expect a different result.

Until they are ready to do the right thing we are not ready either. To hell with the election and the vote!
Re: Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. by yuping(m): 5:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
SMH
Re: Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2021
You are doing yourself.

You vote, you no vote, person must win election

Why do you think if you don't vote, it will affect the contestants.

Democracy is a popularity contest, he who gets the highest vote wins, so if you don't vote, it is up to you, you aren't hurting the contestants but yourself.

You people will never understand how systems works and how to take advantage of it because you are used to complaining and nagging

1 Like

Re: Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 24, 2021
Damn so this is how Buhari managed to be elected twice!!!! People if you don’t vote, then you have no right after the fact to complain about whoever wins.

Nigeria is a democracy, you have to play your part to spark the changes you want to see in your community. It’s starts at the local government level, as a matter of fact LG elections are more important than federal elections because at the grassroots level is where your vote and voice counts the most!
Re: Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. by Petie33: 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2021
Abeg who read this article summary pls
Re: Until They Are Ready, We Are Not Ready Either. by SmartPolician: 5:35pm On Jul 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
You are doing yourself.

You vote, you no vote, person must win election

Why do you think if you don't vote, it will affect the contestants.

Democracy is a popularity contest, he who gets the highest vote wins, so if you don't vote, it is up to you, you aren't hurting the contestants but yourself.

You people will never understand how systems works and how to take advantage of it because you are used to complaining and nagging

OP, this right here is the sad reality.

Meanwhile, here's your excerpt:
Let me take my humble self as an example, I have never enjoyed or benefitted anything from being a Nigerian.

The truth is, we all benefit from this country in one way or another. I can tell you a number of ways you did. However, we all want a better country.

(1) (Reply)

#Freekanu: Biafrans In South Africa Protest At Kenyan, British Embassies (VIDEO) / Bandits Kill Woman, New-born Baby, 11 Others, Abduct Scores In Fresh Zamfara Att / Photos From The Burial Of The Seven Wedding Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.