UNETHICAL PRACTICE OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE IN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF MRS MARY STEPHEN OKOI FROM THE PALACE OF IGWE UGBEMO OF OKPAI NDOKWA EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF DELTA STATE NIGERIA
1. The Senate President, Honourable Speaker, distinguished honourable members, SANs, the NBA, Human Right activists, NGOs, the International Community, members of the fourth estate of the realm and the undeterred citizens of my great Country Nigeria. I plea you all to continue to share and let the injustices perpetrated by the Nigerian Police be made open to every Nigerian. It is sad how because of pecuniary gains the Nigerian Police will cover up a crime against the State (Murder) and the system will ignore, terribly unfortunate. Please allow me to be more explicit that it is not in any way meant to slight or bring disrepute to the Nigerian Police but a quest for justice. Over the years I have worked with the Nigerian Police and I will like to state that the Nigerian Police if not the best is amongst the best Police Force in Africa. However, when a Police Unit is been compromised, the situation is a different ball game. In this regards you will even prefer an organized vigilante group to the Police. This is a shout out to all Nigerians and all paraphernalia of justice in the Country to please ensure justice prevails in the disappearance of my sister from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai, Ndokwa East LGA of Delta State Nigeria. The wicked ones are working day and night to sweep the case under the rug.
2. On 24th December, 2020 my sister; Mrs Mary Stephen Okoi was lured by her husband Mr Collins Ugbemo (Grandson to Igwe Ugbemo) to his village Okpai in Ndokwa East LGA of Delta State in the pretext of going to spend Christmas holiday. Ostensibly, all plans have been put in place in conjunction with her pastor to do away with her as she opposed the idea of her husband marrying a second wife. On getting to the Palace the plan was carried out in servitude of a deity they worshiped and the next day they called that my sister was missing. Initially, I never suspected any fowl play as I asked them to report to the Police Station at Ashaka. The relative nonchalance from her husband for somebody whose wife was missing began to raise suspicion as my private investigator revealed no entry was made at Ashaka Police Station after one week of the incidence. When I questioned the fact that no entry was made at Ashaka Police Station, the Station was later burnt down by them to cover up the fact that no entry of any missing person was made because I centered my premise for suspicion on that. This was meant to frustrate the authenticity of my claim.
3. A petition was sent to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) on the matter with the Reference IHN/MA/IGP/LTCO/01/21 dated Monday, January 11, 2021 by our Lawyers I.H NGADA & CO to investigate the mysterious disappearance of Mary. After my personal request to Delta State Police Command for investigation with the Reference (held) dated 29th December, 2020. On 3rd February, 2021 a follow up trip was made to Delta State Police Command to verify the extent they have gone in the investigation of the disappearance of my sister from the Igwe Ugbemo’s Palace at Okpai. At the Delta State Police Command I got the shocker of my life. A case as open and clear cut as this, the Delta State Police Command Anti-Kidnapping Squad has turned my sister to be the villain in the matter. To the chagrin of my family and law abiding Nigerians the Police in Delta State displayed a pretext ineptitude all in a bid to stall the case and eventually kill the momentum of the case so that it may yield to nothing. The attitude of the Delta State Police Command was a complete and final demonstration of a compromised Police Unit. The display was indeed shameful to say the least, unprofessional and tainted with malicious ignominy. It’s okay that Igwe Ugbemo has money to throw around but we shout and rant about corruption while it is propagated amongst us. When an institution of government is allowed to carry on like the Delta State Police Command, to redefine justice for its own aggrandizement there will be a time not so far away when Nigeria will experience Institutional apoptosis that will permeate all other institutions of government. It’s been 8 months now and the Nigerian Police is still dilly dalling with the matter to facilitate a cover up.
4. When I saw the obvious compromise that has permeated the Delta State Police Command I sent a petition to the IGP through our lawyers registering my complaint of the lack of professionalism of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad of the Delta State Police Command saddled with the investigation with Reference IHN/MA/IGP/04/21 dated Monday, April 11, 2021 requesting the IGP to direct the Police Intelligence Response Team (PIRT) to carry on with the matter. A petition was also sent to the Senate with the Reference IHN/MA/SO/03/21 dated Monday, March 29, 2021 and another to the Speaker House of Representatives with the Reference IHN/MA/AE/03/21 dated Monday, March 29, 2021. Again a petition was also sent to the Wife of the Delta State Governor with the Reference IHN/MA/DS/01/21 dated Thursday, January 28, 2021 and to the Department of State Service (DSS) with the Reference (held), which I sincerely commend for their effort so far in the matter. The House of Representative went into action and our petition was referred to the House of Representatives’ Committee on Public Petition with Petition No: 344 of 2021 against the IGP and a first hearing was set for 8th June, 2021 with the Police absent and adjourned to 23rd June, 2021 with the Police still so absent. One of my Bosses would say “the man weh eat onions if he talk him mouth go smell”. Thirdly, another hearing was fixed for 7th July, 2021 and the Police never showed up. The Police Headquarters alleged that the case is against the Delta State Police Command that Delta Police to come in to answer. We have been in the system for too long, where is your letter to Delta State Police Command directing it to report for the hearing. Nigerians have since outgrown those rigmaroles. It is so sad and debilitating that from the IGP down to Ashaka Police Station everybody is feigning a pretext ineptitude pretending they don’t know what to do. I laugh because Karma will locate you all in Jesus Mighty Name, Amen and Amen!!!
5. Sahara Reporters was not left out in this show of shame. They were also paid off to remove their publication of my sister’s disappearance from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai from their page. Outwardly, Sahara Reporters pretends to be a mouth piece of the people but behind the scene they are just hustlers. Thank God they were exposed so tomorrow somebody will not come from there to play holy that he wants to be president with a behind the scene character filled with blemish. I may not have the powers or means to move them to be diligent in their job and stop this pretext ineptitude but I know Nigerians collectively have the power. The murderers of my sister are walking the streets like normal human beings. If they are allowed to continue to roam the streets freely it will not end with my sister before long they will need another female to appease their deity and another innocent woman will die. The faith of my sister’s 2 daughters hangs in the balance. I fear they may one day use the innocent little girls again for their Palace rituals. Let us rise up to ensure justice is served. I am a law abiding citizen of this country and as such I have sought to seek Justice through all paraphernalia of justice available in the Country as can be seen in all my references to no avail. My only option now is the people. As Mao Tse Tung rightly said that “of all resources humans are the greatest”. I seek justice in the hands of the greatest resources in the entire world, the Nigerian people and citizens all over the World, please speak out against injustice as this nonsense has got to stop. Do not stop at only specking out, do something Nigerians to assist me in my quest for justice. The Nigerian Police Force and Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai are not in any way greater than the People.
6. I believe in Nigeria so much that I refuse to accept that Nigeria has reached a state of debauchery and bacchanalia where someone can just kill a human being and walk away with no law to contend with. No law abiding Nigerian should allow this happen. What is wrong is wrong no matter how subversive elements try to paint it. Walking away with murder in a clear cut case like this one is an insult on the Nigeria State and thus making a mockery of our collective values as Nigerians. I therefore plea the Senate President, Honourable Speaker and the IGP to use all the paraphernalia of government available before them to ensure an unblemished Police Unit from Force Headquarter is sent to Okpai, Delta State in order to bring a conclusive end to the case of disappearance of my sister from the Palace of Igwe Ugbemo of Okpai with a time frame specified and the perpetrators (Her husband and cohorts) and accomplices brought to book.
7. Please Nigerians and the International Community accept the assurances of my highest regards. Thank you all.
JOHN STEPHEN OKOI
Mrs Mary Stephen Okoi
This breaks my heart and I wish the writer of this piece strength and fortitude. Man's inhumanity to man is really heartbreaking!