Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,514 members, 7,958,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:12 PM

Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 (396 Views)

Naira Redesign: Nigerians Will Fill Uncountable Forms To Withdraw Large Amounts / CBN Okays Withdrawals Of Dollars From Domiciliary Accounts / Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 by VaselineCrew: 8:19pm On Jul 24, 2021
I feel like I just got scammed at eko hotel cause they changed my small 50 dollars at a rate of 400 naira to a dollar, but when you want to buy, no matter how small, even one dollar bill, they will tell you it’s 505.

How do I avoid this in the future?

Cc Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 by uchdollar111: 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2021
Can you tell the person sending you the dollar to send it online?
Re: Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 by VaselineCrew: 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2021
uchdollar111:
Can you tell the person sending you the dollar to send it online?

If it’s online, what difference would that make?

Would I them transfer to someone?

If I have it on hand, can’t I still get AbokiFX rates at mallam?

He was even saying I’m lucky he’s not selling to me at 350, chai!
Re: Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 by sholatech(m): 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2021
U were scammed. He rode on your ignorance. Most likely due to weekend. Enter any gtb or access bank or fidelity Bank or fcmb branch around that Eko hotel vi axis and ask the security guys or customer care to help you with an aboki that deals with their customers. It's same rate for 100 and 50 dollars bills. Only bills lower than 50 usd such as 5/10 etc that are priced lower.
Re: Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 by uchdollar111: 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2021
VaselineCrew:

If it’s online, what difference would that make?

Would I them transfer to someone?

If I have it on hand, can’t I still get AbokiFX rates at mallam?

He was even saying I’m lucky he’s not selling to me at 350, chai!

You will use an escrow system to transfer the USD to someone that will give you Naira in your bank account at the market exchange rate. How often do you do this kind of transactions?
Re: Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 by VaselineCrew: 3:37am On Jul 25, 2021
sholatech:
U were scammed. He rode on your ignorance. Most likely due to weekend. Enter any gtb or access bank or fidelity Bank or fcmb branch around that Eko hotel vi axis and ask the security guys or customer care to help you with an aboki that deals with their customers. It's same rate for 100 and 50 dollars bills. Only bills lower than 50 usd such as 5/10 etc that are priced lower.

I truly believe so. I heard it’s because I didn’t carry a 100 dollar bill, but when they sold me last week, even a dollar note was sold at 505.

Thanks bro, I truly believe I was scammed, and the guy was so arrogant.

Next time I will shop around as you said.

Even the 400 is lower than bank rate.
Re: Where Can I Change Small Amounts Of Dollars In Lagos Fairly? Scammed at 400 by VaselineCrew: 3:37am On Jul 25, 2021
uchdollar111:

You will use an escrow system to transfer the USD to someone that will give you Naira in your bank account at the market exchange rate. How often do you do this kind of transactions?

Not that often, but I am not sure if an escrow service would work, cause I’m using a dorm account which is cash in and out I think.

So do I have to start calling people to buy my physical dollar?

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Reddit Accounts / Payoneer $250 Available / How Lucrative Is Cooking Gas Retailing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.