Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? (2317 Views)

Is Cyprus A Good Country? / General Information About South Cyprus Study Visa / Is Cyprus A Good Country To Go And Hustle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Hunchopow: 1:39am On Jul 25, 2021
Hello friends.

So I was browsing through some threads and I came across a lot of unprintable stuffs about North Cyprus, the high rate of racism, no jobs and some other things.

I'm however curious if the situation is the same in South Cyprus, please someone with more information should enlighten me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 25, 2021
Hunchopow:
Hello friends.

So I was browsing through some threads and I came across a lot of unprintable stuffs about North Cyprus, the high rate of racism, no jobs and some other things.

I'm however curious if the situation is the same in South Cyprus, please someone with more information should enlighten me. Thanks
after studying you are coming back to Nigeria. So what is the point
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Hunchopow: 9:13am On Jul 25, 2021
Lagbaja88:
after studying you are coming back to Nigeria. So what is the point
ohh

There's no chance of becoming a permanent resident there?
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hunchopow:
ohh

who do you know that has gotten permanent residency. If he easy you should know at least 3 people. Nothing dey those countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Limassol(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lagbaja88:
who do you know that has gotten permanent residency. If he easy you should know at least 3 people. Nothing dey those countries
people use these countries as stepping stones.
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hunchopow:
Hello friends.

I'll advise you to stay away from any country called Cyprus. I was once there in 2013 and I must say, North or South, Cyprus is Cyprus and if you must travel. Try Western Europe or Scandinavia countries

1 Like

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by CryptoRepublic1: 3:07pm On Jul 25, 2021
fados4sure:

I'll advise you to stay away from any country called Cyprus. I was once there in 2013 and I must say, North or South, Cyprus is Cyprus and if you must travel. Try Western Europe or Scandinavia countries

South Cyprus is an e.u country and should not be compared to the North Cyprus which is Turkish territory.

Why not state your logical reason to back up your argument?
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:

South Cyprus is an e.u country and should not be compared to the North Cyprus which is Turkish territory.

Why not state your logical reason to back up your argument?
Since it's an EU country, I'll advise you go there and come back and tell your experience

5 Likes

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by hongeorge(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
Same situation here

Hello friends.

I'm however curious if the situation is the same in South Cyprus, please someone with more information should enlighten me. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Charles61: 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
Hunchopow:
ohh

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Charles61: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
Lagbaja88:

Naso people dey become permanent resident for foreign countries?

Do you even know permanent resident process?
My friend went to USA since 2015 for master's, untill now, no permanent resident.
Many people in UK and Germany who went for long time and no permanent resident.

All European countries have a standard process of how to get permanent resident.

Currently, after your study in south Cyprus, you have 1 year to look for job.
Get a job,
Your employer, prepare your work permit for you.
University gives you letter to prove that you re done with program with your certificate.
Employer submit your documents at immigration.
Thereafter, you change from students residence permit to work residence permit.

If you then work in south Cyprus for 5 straight years, without leaving outside south Cyprus for 6months within this 5years.
You re eligible to apply for permanent resident.

Another fast route is marry a citizen
Buy a property worth of millions of euro

Abeg make una dey make research before una dey answer questions.
If I can use my work pay manage to pay my tuition fees and accommodation, utilities. Then it's worth it for me.

Many Nigerian guys who came from north Cyprus and turkey to seek for aslyum are really doing well. But they would not come to nairaland to tell you.

My advice for anyone Nigerian coming here is to go to the best university
Try to come out with good grade
Build good relationship with people.
Come with money that could help you pay your bills for 3months before you get your Student resident permit.
Search for job online, ask your colleagues and anyone.
Get a job, cook at home, avoid party and focus on your study.
With God, all things are possible.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Hunchopow: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2021
Charles61:

My friend went to USA since 2015 for master's, untill now, no permanent resident.

All European countries have a standard process of how to get permanent resident.

Get a job,
University gives you letter to prove that you re done with program with your certificate.

If you then work in south Cyprus for 5 straight years, without leaving outside south Cyprus for 6months within this 5years.

If I can use my work pay manage to pay my tuition fees and accommodation, utilities. Then it's worth it for me.

Many Nigerian guys who came from north Cyprus and turkey to seek for aslyum are really doing well. But they would not come to nairaland to tell you.

Come with money that could help you pay your bills for 3months before you get your Student resident permit.

Boss, 0yinbo talk say "follow who know road" grin

Please how easy is it to get a job as a student in South Cyprus? And I also heard that accomodations are quite cost there cry please just walk me through how life as a student can be there
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Charles61: 8:12pm On Jul 26, 2021
Hunchopow:

Boss, 0yinbo talk say "follow who know road" grin

Please how easy is it to get a job as a student in South Cyprus? And I also heard that accomodations are quite cost there cry please just walk me through how life as a student can be there

I always tell people the reality.
Just as it's not easy to get job in Nigeria, that's how it is in every country.

2. Job will never come knocking on your door anywhere in the world, you must look for job. Use, all the online job site, ask your cypriot colleagues,

3. If you have IT skills, engineering skill or study hotel management. Job plenty for you. But apart from this skills, na bolt, foody, delivery, cleaner, security job etc remain.

4. Go for share apartment and I would beg you please make sure you have Indian roommate. This guys are the best. They have work connection and are always sincere. Once our niga guys see you. Na to dey think of how to scam you of your small money.

But this India guys, you can live with them for a year and you might not buy foodstuff. Just be humble and friendly with them.

Share accommodation range from 150 - 250euro per month.
Water bill
Electricity bill
Internet bill
Waste bill

Would be like 30-40 euro in total if like 3 people share 3 bedroom flat.

4 Likes

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Victor3169: 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
I am new here and I am travelling to Cyprus with a student Visa next week, and I want to know of what to be expected at the Cyprus port of entry, and how much is required before I can be allowed to enter Cyprus
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by ghettonews: 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
Victor3169:

I am new here and I am travelling to Cyprus with a student Visa next week, and I want to know of what to be expected at the Cyprus port of entry, and how much is required before I can be allowed to enter Cyprus

Specify which of the Cyprus u are traveling to?

1 Like

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Victor3169: 1:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
Northern Cyprus
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Victor3169: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2021
I am travelling to northern Cyprus guys, what do you guys have to say about Cyprus and what do I expect in Cyprus port of entry for someone who doesn't have much money in hand
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Charles61: 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2021
Victor3169:
I am travelling to northern Cyprus guys, what do you guys have to say about Cyprus and what do I expect in Cyprus port of entry for someone who doesn't have much money in hand

Please am begging you brother, go to north Cyprus if only you have family who will sponsor you for the whole program. Never ever think you will get job in north.

Must of our guys ended up coming to south Cyprus to seek for aslyum. It's better you re in Nigeria where when you lack money or food. Friends and family can give you food.

Please only go to north if you have sponsor.

1 Like

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Victor3169: 6:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
Thank you I really appreciate alot,but what country do you suggest I travel to, excluding USA,UK and Canada
Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by Charles61: 8:00pm On Jul 30, 2021
Victor3169:
Thank you I really appreciate alot,but what country do you suggest I travel to, excluding USA,UK and Canada

When you check for jobs on LinkedIn, you will discovered how jobs are many in USA, however, if you have enough money, go to north Cyprus, wait to get the student resident permit. Then apply for USA student visa, I think US embassy is in turkey. But with north Cyprus study permit. You can apply for US student visa.

The US visa officer in Nigeria are just like bouncers,

3 Likes

Re: Is Studying In South Cyprus A Good Idea? by sainty1(m): 6:13am On Aug 01, 2021
Greetings boss, I’ll be coming to south cyprus next month for school. Please after one gets a job over there. Is the payment enough to settle tuition and other important monthly bills ? and how do you enjoy being there?

Charles61:

Get a job,

(1) (Reply)

E Choke For UK As Families Are Running To School To Seek For Help / Has Anyone Received Winning Notification For Dv2009? / I Want To Travel To Bermuda. Where Do I Get The Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.