Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! (595 Views)

Guess What This Old Woman Is Saying To Peter Obi (Photos) / Ayoola Babalola Invited By DSS Over Articles On Sowore, Tinubu, APC / Can You Guess What Buhari Was Telling These States Governors In This Photo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2021
If you like it, feel free to publish to the Wiki

Imagine if Wikipedia was like that...

PS.
Wikiafripedia aims to empower Bloggers as YouTube is doing for Vloggers.

Contrary to what one might think, monetization doesn't make knowledge less free instead, it might empower the contributors of knowledge to make knowledge even more available.

PREFACE

Wikiafripedia is built by people like you - Join us let's make it taller

Hello Everyone!

Come, join us let's do this #together for all of us

My name is Aisha, and I will get straight-to-the points.

What we are trying to do

Firstly, We want to raise most of us (content writers/marketers) gradually in time to the same level playing ground that YouTube places the majority of vloggers (video bloggers) so that, we can focused more on creating quality articles, and not let our focus be diverted to things like: how to raise our individual domain authority or how to increase our article visibility in search to benefits from huge free organic traffic or worries like how to foot the cost for hosting and management of our individual websites. Because that would already be taken care of by us.

Why do we wanna do that?

1. We don't just want to make knowledge free and accessible, but to also give everyone who love to share knowledge the opportunity to earn from it.

2. We want to make it easy for the knowledge we share to be seen.

3. We want to give those among us who doesn't contribute to pure-charity project like Wikipedia a reason to contribute their knowledge and still keep it free.

Why you should join us

1. It's difficult to succeed online alone today, without a financial muscles of some sort. But #together we can do more than any of us can. Take the #EndSARS protest for example.

2. Knowing exactly what needs to be done to succeed online doesn't mean you can pull it off easily on your own, but it can easily be done #together. For example, every successful website has a lot of content in the right keywords, a lot of backlinks and social shares. And studies as well experience have shown that getting these ingredients alone (on your own) is very difficult but, it's easy #together. Take Wikipedia for example - no one can build such alone.

3. We have each other's back: You can do what I can't, I can do what you can't, #together we will build an unstoppable general purpose online encyclopedia that most of us will in-time make lots of money from like YouTubers. But unlike YouTubers, you will earn 100% ads/affiliate revenue.

How we're doing it

We're building another general purpose encyclopedia dubbed Wikiafripedia with attributes like Wikipedia and more - one that allows monetization - still, freely accessible.

Why must this project be anything like Wikipedia?

1. Only a general purpose encyclopedia can serves as much content writers/marketers as far as possible, and it seems only a community-based Wiki like Wikipedia or Fandom can serves our dreams but only Wikipedia core content policies would ensure that we remains relevant and up-to-date for almost forever.

2. It is important that we build this project on proven schemes than experiment things on an unpredictable systems as far as we do not trampled on copyright laws, which we haven't so far.

How sure we will succeed in this endeavour?

We will! Because we have succeeded before - we made Wikipedia what it is today.

This time, we want to make another of its kind that allows (i) all author of articles or a section of an article to monetize their contributions: (ii) access via zero-rating (Wikiafripedia Zero). That way, we may encourage more contributions from those who love sharing knowledge as well as keeping these knowledge freely accessible.

I'm interested, how can I become a partner?

It's simple, just follow these and you're in forever:

1. Sign up

2. RES (i.e., Read, Edit and Share)

3. Contribute (write your article)

4. Build backlinks to your articles on Wikiafripedia whenever the opportunity present itself.

SPEAK YOUR MIND.
But...

Before you do, you might want to read this addendum.

Cheers

Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by SocialJustice: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2021
See the stupid name you gave your project because you want it to sound like Wikipedia.
Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 9:11am On Jul 25, 2021
All Wikipedia Editorial policy except the GNG (General Notability Guidelines) which on Wikiafripedia is RNG (Regional Notability Guidelines) applies there, but the RNG enables Wikiafripedia to accepts Regionally Notable topics like the BLP of of the AYE President (the current president of the largest entrepreneurial organization in the world), whose article was said to have failed GNG on Wikipedia about a year ago now shines on Google from Wikiafripedia.

That means, Google for example is much more interested on a well written piece so, if you have a well written piece worthy of an encyclopedia article like SW Peters - it would certainly meet the first page of Google.

It doesn't matter to search engine whether you published it on Wikiafripedia or Wikipedia. What matters is that it be well written.

But if you choose to published it on Wikiafripedia, you can monetize that your article with responsible ads like those from Amazon, and earn revenue based the strength of traffic that it drives from search to itself.

Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 9:20am On Jul 25, 2021
SocialJustice:
See the stupid name you gave your project because you want it to sound like Wikipedia.

Hello SocialJustice.

Apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Peter Paul and I'm just one of Wikiafripedia Associates. The founder of the Project is Godman Andrew.

But, may I please know why you think Wikiafripedia sounds stupid?

I was thinking of it like Wiki(a way of building collaborative website) Afri(maybe for Africa) Pedia(short for encyclopedia), I guess?
Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2021
One might want to argue that Wikiafripedia articles are ranked as Wikipedia lacks articles on those topics, but that's not true.

So what happen if both Wikis have articles on the same topic?

See for yourself below - search makes one stand next to the other or at least both meets the first page of Google.

Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by SocialJustice: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2021
StrangerForSex:

Hello SocialJustice.

Apologies, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Peter Paul and I'm just one of Wikiafripedia Associates. The founder of the Project is Godman Andrew.

But, may I please know why you think Wikiafripedia sounds stupid?

I was thinking of it like Wiki(a way of building collaborative website) Afri(maybe for Africa) Pedia(short for encyclopedia), I guess?
The logic with these names is to keep it simple and short so it is easy to spell, pronounce and remember.

Afripedia, Pediafrik or you could even go very creative to form names from other major languages. Like German, French, Italian and so on.

The thing to do is open Google translate and start translating Africa, Wikipedia and encyclopedia. Their synonyms are also not left out.

Finally, whatever name you form, test it out on domain name search to ensure that domain name is available.

Good luck.
Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
SocialJustice:
The logic with these names is to keep it simple and short so it is easy to spell, pronounce and remember.

Afripedia, Pediafrik or you could even go very creative to form names from other major languages. Like German, French, Italian and so on.

The thing to do is open Google translate and start translating Africa, Wikipedia and encyclopedia. Their synonyms are also not left out.

Finally, whatever name you form, test it out on domain name search to ensure that domain name is available.

Good luck.

Nice response.

Unfortunately, I think is too late for them to make changes to the domain name now as the Wiki is >2years old with substantial Direct Traffic.

Actually I did emailed their Tech. Dept. (shortly after your first commented) to understand why they choose 'Wikiafripedia' and the respond I got few hours ago is that, they want articles on Wikiafripedia to rank on search engines for the keywords 'wiki' 'afripedia', 'pedia' as well as 'encyclopedia' from day-one, pending when Wikiafripedia has grown domain authority muscles to command great respect from search engines since articles on Wikiafripedia are intended to be in-par or almost so with those of Wikipedia in-time.

Such that, when people search for articles like [url=google.com/search?q=Alia+shelesh+wiki]SSSniperwolf wiki[/url] or [url=google.com/search?q=thisiswhyimbroke+wiki]Thisiswhyimbroke wiki[/url], Wikiafripedia would be among results listed on search whether Wikipedia has an article on the subject or not as Wikiafripedia currently has a domain authority <1/4 that of Wikipedia although, Google barely gives a damn, but other engines does.

Also, Wikiafripedia uses the same editorial policies as Wikipedia such that when people click-through it's results on search - they don't get disappointed. For example, see the Hushpuppi article on Wikiafripedia. That article was deleted thrice on Wikipedia for failing GNG, then when people do 'Hushpuppi wiki' Wikiafripedia serves really well and even as now that it has passed GNG, Wikiafripedia still ranked on the first page of Google along with Wikipedia, BBC, Forbes... for the wiki keyword, and no.1 for afripedia keyword.

Finally, Wikiafripedia uses the same encyclopedia software as Wikipedia to aid Google and other search engine to developed a knowledge graph for most of it articles. Take for example the first screenshot of this post that concern the AYE President. I only asked Google 'Summy Smart Francis', Yet, Google told me that people also asked for 'who is summy smart francis?' and it uses it knowledge graph from Wikiafripedia to tell people the answer to that question. That means that Google understands and probably trust articles on Wikiafripedia as any other websites that meets it's knowledge graphs criterion.

So, in summary, the domain name Wikiafripedia was chosen for SEO sake according to the Wiki Tech Dep.

Also according to them, Wikiafripedia aims to empower Bloggers as YouTube is doing for Vloggers.

And contrary to what one might think, monetization does not make knowledge less free instead, it might empower the contributors of knowledge to make knowledge even more available.

1 Like

Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 8:21am On Jul 26, 2021
Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 4:49am On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2021
Re: Guess what? you can monetize your articles on Wikiafripedia! by StrangerForSex: 6:39am On Aug 11, 2021

(1) (Reply)

"Whatever You Do, Be A Good Nigerian" / Governor Ikpeazu Commissions Nkporo Cottage Hospital / Nnamdi Kanu Spent Two Months In Kenya Before Arrest —report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.