Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

4 Mind Blowing Facts About The Speed Of Your Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Mind Blowing Facts About The Speed Of Your Website (229 Views)

How To Increase The Speed Of Your Blackberry Mobile / How To Increase Page Speed Of Wordpress Website / Basic Tips And Tricks That Can Boost The Speed Of Your Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Mind Blowing Facts About The Speed Of Your Website by hobyner(m): 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
I remember going to cyber cafes as a young boy to browse the internet and I’ll spend long hours there; really because my Aunty owned the place. The experience I had each time I was in the café was thrilling and exciting, although many of the websites took time to load and the videos always buffered because the internet speed wasn’t 3G or 4G. This was around year 2000.

A lot has changed between then and now. Websites are now responsive and accessible with smartphones. Network service providers are providing 4G services and experimenting with 5G. Creating a website nowadays is much less complicated than it was a decade ago; platforms like Wix and WordPress make it easy for people to create beautiful and functional websites for their business within a short period of time.

To help you figure out the website optimization game, take the time to learn some of these mind-blowing facts about your website speed. Each provides insight into subtle changes that you could make to improve your website.

1. The average attention span has decreased from 12 to 8 seconds
A goldfish, at 9 seconds, has a longer attention span than the average internet user. You must deliver the content to the audience in the shortest amount of time possible. Otherwise, you risk having a high bounce rate and the potential customer leaving to get what they need elsewhere.

2. Only 0.5 seconds is required to form an opinion
Once the website has loaded, the average user will take half a second to make up their mind on certain aspects of the website. Therefore, you must make a good first impression. The use of images, background theme, and content layout must be in line with the expectations of your average user.

3. 47% of users expect websites to load within 2 seconds
Pay attention to website loading speeds – they must be under 2 seconds. Otherwise you run the risk of frustrating some of your website visitors. Most people would rather use your competitor than stick around for slow loading speeds.

4. There has been a 14% increase in the average connection speed
This means you can get away with webpages that use up more bandwidth without decreasing in the loading speed. It somewhat frees up your creativity, as fewer restrictions are imposed on how many elements you can have per page.

To conclude, you want your website to be as fast as possible. How fast the content on your website loads will have an impact on your rankings and user interactions with your site. This is why you need to ensure that your website is moving as quickly as possible, at all times for optimal search results and user experience. Do you have any website optimization facts that’s mind blowing? then share in the comment.

Read full article here https://drag.com.ng/4-mind-blowing-facts-about-the-speed-of-your-website/

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense+ Domain Needed - I Will Not Pay / Help: Blog Reprogram / Freego – Free Responsive Theme For Magento 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.