Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine (21959 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Living Faith Church Temporarily Puts N50 Billion Faith Theatre Project On Hold / How The Living Faith Church Funds Her Private Jet By Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Oracleforce: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2021
Onowu1979:
Justifying pulpit banditry as usual.

Has any churches hold your fore-father or lineage hostage to paid ransom before....

Tithe and offering is not a compulsory thing in any church till date...no.church will ever compel any mortal man to pay...most of the money used in the church is. not generated from tithe and offering but from. donation and a freewill offering
So, go. and change your mindset about churches and Christianity. face your shrine and serve the gods you believe...
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2021
[img][/img]
omoolokunEsin:
"You have other time you can still use to do farming or any other freelance jobs", like Bishop Oyedepo and the executives in Canaanland? [b]Perhaps you may wish to mention ONE person called of God in the Bible who combined his Call with other occupations? [/b]Hypocrites. A good step towards Accountability is opening the Accounts for all to see total Annual Incomes and Expenditures like the so-called Orthodox churches do every year. This step dispels rumours about integrity and honesty.

Paul had a side hustle o. Paul was a tent maker (Acts 18:1-3)
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by signz: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2021
Kidandp:

Not like I am encouraging your agenda Lol but I will state the truth. He is actually not but he is from the South South, Delta State to be precise

cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by seunfly: 11:12am On Sep 19, 2021
Standing5:
stop quoting scriptures carelessly. Is the labourer worthy of agreed wages or some phantom industry standard wage. As long as the labourer was aware of wages before agreeing to labour under the ministry and he isn't owed.
I don't think I will agree with u on this, what Bible is saying is a deserved wage or fair wages.

If what they are paid is a deserved or fair wages, that I don't know.
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Amanda4life: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2021
SINCERELY, I DONT GO TO THAT CHURCH, BUT I HAVE KNOW FOR LONG TIME THAT TGAT SAM AMAGA IS A TRUE MAN OF GOD
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Reference(m): 11:43am On Sep 19, 2021
Rhozabeth:
Abeg whi is this? Calculating what the church soends and nit what it brings in doesn't make sense to me!

That is the problem with NGO's. Earnings are unpredictable because they are voluntary. And unlike businesses it is hard to augment by other sources of resources when budgets are in deficit.

It takes a lot of faith to comit oneself to such huge expenditure when income is uncertain and back ups don't exist.
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 19, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
[img][/img]

Paul had a side hustle o. Paul was a tent maker (Acts 18:1-3)

He was, before his Call.
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by TWLifestyle: 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
Who sent them to open 16,000 branches And where is the proof their schools are not profit making entities ?
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Tushmanny123: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2021
I disagree with the statement "Non Profit"... The primary motive of our modern churches in Nigeria specially is to generate profits.
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by suffering: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2021
Heavenlygrace3:
Please help me.
This is me this morning.
I just sent 2.5M naira to your account. Manage the kind gesture.
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by flexyrule(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2021
Innovia:

You know very little about what you're trying to sound smart about
Coincidentally, I said this same thing to this same guy some years back.
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Innovia: 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2021
flexyrule:
Coincidentally, I said this same thing to this same guy some years back.

He doesn't understand macroeconomics to promote genuine growth and macro economics that does not promote true wealth creation, so no need talking to an ignorant person
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Angelmichael63: 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2021
Innovia:

You know very little about what you're trying to sound smart about
very little sir
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by certifiedvik(m): 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2021
seborrhic:
16,000 churches across d country indeed.
Bloody liar and if that statistics is from the church itself, they are damn liars!
But on d salary itself,₦50,000-₦60,000 is not bad.
In the process of giving impression of growing fast and big,the church,like many Pentecostals and indeed even some mainstream churches have become business enterprises using all means to attract tithes and donations, including from those they know are criminals!
Brother yes they have 16,000+ across the country
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Snitch24(m): 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2021
Wait did you jst Said the secondary school and university is non profit

I guess you need medical checkup
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Abujaexpress: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
HigherEd:
1) 10 Billion Naira Annual Wage Bill Is A Huge Financial Responsibility.

The Living Faith church established 16,000 churches in rural communities across the country in addition to the already established 10,000 churches it has across the globe. A quick calculation shows that N53,000 gross multiplied by 16,000 new Pastors amounts to an addition of N848, 000, 000 per month. In a year that amounts to N10, 178, 000, 000.

This is huge money for a non profit to shell out of her pocket. Especially considering the fact that Living Faith still has to subsidize all her non profit universities and secondary schools to the tune of billions every new year.

2) Pastorate Work Is Different.

Anyone taking up a pastorate job needs to realize it is different from taking a bank job.
For one, your mandatory attention is only on Sunday and some late night or early morning services, plus your scheduled outreaches.
You have other time you can still use to do farming or any other freelance job. Therefore, you shouldn't be surprised that the perks available for a 9 - 5, five days a week aren't available.
And when you include the accommodation paid for by the for Resident Pastors(RP) and their Assistants. The bill is big indeed
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by AngelicBeing: 4:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
Willie2015:

Most of these folks are in ministry...
Cos of the monthly salary ...and other perks...
They are not ready to burn for God.....

“Light yourself on fire with passion and people will come from miles to watch you burn.”
John Wesly
Gbam
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by shegun4sur: 5:33pm On Sep 19, 2021
Righteousness2:
The Fact is a Pastor that Depends on Salary from Church does not know nor understand his call.

Secondly, a Pastor who is so Money Concious in Ministry will hardly see money. Money will put on its wings and Fly.

What a Pastor Needs, is to pursue is GOD. Pursue God and be Soaked in His Power.
Pursue GOD and Get Heaven's attention..

Once you are Carrier of GOD'S authentic Word and Power, People will Fight to Favor you. Your Words will Produce results in People's lives.
People will Line up to Bless you.

So dangote, otedola, adenuga, Elon musk, Jeff bezos etc all soaked themselves in omo....
Nice lie
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Chinny90: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2021
Why should his take home be 53k after all the work he put in at the start of the commission? He has paid his own price and anyone who feels his take home as an employee pastor is poor, such a person should go and start his own ministry from the scratch. .
Egein:
These churches are, realistically, not non-profits. They're businesses. Does Oyedepo take home 53k a month too? Stop trying hard to defend nonesense. By attempting to defend rubbish, you only bring it to light and attract ridicule to your god.
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Wande22(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2021
HigherEd:
1) 10 Billion Naira Annual Wage Bill Is A Huge Financial Responsibility.

The Living Faith church established 16,000 churches in rural communities across the country in addition to the already established 10,000 churches it has across the globe. A quick calculation shows that N53,000 gross multiplied by 16,000 new Pastors amounts to an addition of N848, 000, 000 per month. In a year that amounts to N10, 178, 000, 000.

This is huge money for a non profit to shell out of her pocket. Especially considering the fact that Living Faith still has to subsidize all her non profit universities and secondary schools to the tune of billions every new year.

2) Pastorate Work Is Different.

Anyone taking up a pastorate job needs to realize it is different from taking a bank job.
For one, your mandatory attention is only on Sunday and some late night or early morning services, plus your scheduled outreaches.
You have other time you can still use to do farming or any other freelance job. Therefore, you shouldn't be surprised that the perks available for a 9 - 5, five days a week aren't available.

You dey say #53,000 na allowance?
Mek I enlighten you a bit

#53,000 is GROSS ALLOWANCE

Deductions
20% housing
Paye
Pension

Take home is about #37,000-#38,000

The higher the Allowance the higher the DEDUCTIONS

Mek God catch you mek you come get 3-4 sildren

On the issue of having a side hustle, if Papa (Bishop Oyedepo) catch you ehn, na house straight

1 Like

Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
omoolokunEsin:

He was, before his Call.

Read the scrpture i replied you with. He still was making tents even after he became an apostle
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Themandator: 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
AnalysisGuru:
Stop pushing lies as narratives.
I worked in CU for a couple of years and i can tell you that those pastors are underpaid.
When you want them to work, you say it requires hard work, but when it is time to pay them, you say it is a ministry.
I can tell you of a senior Pastor in Canaan Land now that when he wanted to hire his P.A, he made sure the church was not the one that paid him but he paid the guy from his pocket because the church pay structure was rubbish and pathetically low.
I can give you names if you want.
How much are admin officers(Non-CU Graduates) in Covenant University paid?
How much are members of Staff of SBUs (Cafeteria, Shopping Mall etc) staff paid??
You say you are a big giver and a prosperity ministry but you cannot show the ministry of giving in how much you pay your workers.
You pay workers and church worker peanuts and say you are a giving ministry. Stop capping Nonsense abeg.
You people should reason with your head for once and stop being deceived.

It is not forced labour.. They can always resign... The man they are working for is not on a 25 hours per day rotation.. It is still the same 24 hours as others and he started without a penny from them

Bible is still in the market, they should get one and start from the scratch as well
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Themandator: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
judedwriter:

You are 100% right.

I notice for some time now whenever I soak myself in God's Word and power, I am favoured financially.

Even when I was poorly paid back then as an employee pastor, I was very frustrated and almost gave up my calling.

But glory be to God, God's blessings are not determined by our income.

Romans 1 v 4

The more you resurrect yourself from the flesh into holiness the more immense you get into power and power is the ability to do work... You just find heaven responding to your thought even before you have time to do a proper request
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Wande22(m): 4:55am On Oct 10, 2021
Abujaexpress:
And when you include the accommodation paid for by the for Resident Pastors(RP) and their Assistants. The bill is big indeed
which 20% housing allowance is being deducted from their salary abi?
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Wande22(m): 4:59am On Oct 10, 2021
AnalysisGuru:
Stop pushing lies as narratives.
I worked in CU for a couple of years and i can tell you that those pastors are underpaid.
When you want them to work, you say it requires hard work, but when it is time to pay them, you say it is a ministry.
I can tell you of a senior Pastor in Canaan Land now that when he wanted to hire his P.A, he made sure the church was not the one that paid him but he paid the guy from his pocket because the church pay structure was rubbish and pathetically low.
I can give you names if you want.
How much are admin officers(Non-CU Graduates) in Covenant University paid?
How much are members of Staff of SBUs (Cafeteria, Shopping Mall etc) staff paid??
You say you are a big giver and a prosperity ministry but you cannot show the ministry of giving in how much you pay your workers.
You pay workers and church worker peanuts and say you are a giving ministry. Stop capping Nonsense abeg.
You people should reason with your head for once and stop being deceived.

God bless you my brother
People who aren't in the system will think say na bobo we dey yarn
Re: Why The Living Faith Church Salary Is Fine by Jogunomi1: 2:44am On Jun 04, 2022
seborrhic:

In all these your epistle u never stated the salary all these category of staff you mentioned are paid that you call peanuts,despite claiming to know too much.

Seems you and HigherEd have not seen what this ex winners pastor turned Babalawo is saying...
https://www.nairaland.com/7158807/why-resigned-job-pastor-winners

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rituals Of Christianity / How Giving Just N200 Got Me N5000 / Bishop Mike-Okonkwo Celebrates 70th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.