Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion (2031 Views)

HUAWEI Is In Serious Trouble / Huawei Is Launching A New Smartphone Without Google Services / Huawei Is Trying To Dump Hongmeng OS And Migrate To Sailfish Fish OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by End123: 8:43pm On Jul 25, 2021
Read an internet story of the Huawei P50+ having 200 times zoom. It's too late for that and very few people care about Zoom with a very small app store. Huawei have ONLY themselves to blame for what will befall their smartphone line. They had ALL THE TIME in the World to Re-invent the Smartphone and give them a huge boost but they choose to stay on a burning platform as Nokias Steve Elop called Symbian. Huawei should have come up with at least 7 New Strategies when they were put on the American Entity list. Huawei went on with business as usual which was a huge mistake. They should have invented. It's so sad nobody has learnt from Nokia and Windows Phone collapse. It is business suicide to compete with what already exists , the only way is GO AHEAD OF IT. Become the new Hot Kid on the block with all the stops. I think Puff Daddy deserves a Purple Heart for Valour, when Biggie died he became more egotistical and in your face. He Amp up his game and made everyone else look old, tired and dead. He switched the game into what he could control. He invented.
Huawei or the Chinese people should never blame the American government. They refused to Invent and control the game. My Heart goes out to Huawei, thank you for all those beautiful phones, the P30 Pro was a game changer. In the words of Steve Jobs whom everyone calls a mentor but they refuse to adhere to his words " Change when the ovation is loudest ". Do not Zoom into Oblivion.

3 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
hmmmk
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Deasegun19(m): 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
the thing shock me...
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by sunshineV(f): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2021
all they have to do is cut deals with google. i'm not sure that harmony os go cut am

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by dawnomike(m): 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2021
I want to believe they have a plan up their sleeves...
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
I have to update my Huawei every 3 weeks with 3.12gig of data...
I dey go slot this week go swap the phone..
It limit me to do so many things..
Maybe swap to Samsung or vivo
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by TechCapon(m): 12:31am On Jul 26, 2021
Tesla is suffering the same fate in China. The Chinese government crackdown on Tesla has badly affected sales of their cars in the country as well. Huawei's problem is not lack of innovation, it's government bureaucracy that's affecting the company.

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by skywalker240(m): 2:30am On Jul 26, 2021
Honestly, i won't compare the situation of Huawei with Nokia and Windows, (those guys were ignorant with much chunk of pompousness)

Huawei was unfortunate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Onyenna(m): 4:51am On Jul 26, 2021
Huawei is/was so damn unfortunate.....
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Kingcalls: 8:59am On Jul 26, 2021
Whr are those people thst said China will rise above USA when the tech war started??

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by AlexMill(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2021
Kingcalls:
Whr are those people thst said China will rise above USA when the tech war started??

don't celebrate victory too soon

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2021
I have 2 huawei phones and I use only huawei. What seems to be the problem?

I am not a photographer

1 Like

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by AK481(m): 9:40am On Jul 26, 2021
This is beyond Huawei.
It's international trade palava.

Tit for tat the US is giving China.

From time immemorial, the Chinese has banned a lot of US invention,even iPhone is more of China than US.

Youtibe and Google,tweeter,whatsapp all banned in China and replaced by weibo and wechat .

Yet they want their indigenous invention to be used world wide .

The interesting thing is that China can't even retaliate because they have already blocked anything foreign tech from day 1.

Story

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Berezuski: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2021
Whatever happened to Huawei, they caused it.
They deliberately infused Spyware on their chips and towers and they were warned over a 90 days grace period.
This could have enabled them to have a rethink about their bad behavior.
Why was such a huge tech descend so low for such practices?
Xiaomi, oppo, vivo ZTE etc are all Chinese OEM
But Huawei chose to be stupid

2 Likes

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by donbenie(m): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2021
How can you blame Huawei,when the American government is out to get them..
It's not just about a new OS..
What about the Chips and other hardwares that they cannot access?
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by donbenie(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2021
Berezuski:
Whatever happened to Huawei, they caused it.
They deliberately infused Spyware on their chips and they were warned over a 90 days grace period.
This could have enabled them to have a rethink about their bad behavior.
Why was such a huge tech descend so low for such practices?
Xiaomi, oppo, vivo ZTE etc are all Chinese OEM
But Huawei chose to be stupid
Stop drinking the American KOOL-AID,they kept dishing out to you..
Where is the evidence of what they have been accused of?
Huawei is seen as having Chinese government affiliations and were caught up in the trade war between the two governments..
Apart from rhetorics and fear mongering,America has few to no hard evidence to back their claims..
Whatever Huawei is guilty of,so are American companies..
It is called giving a DOG A BAD NAME IN ORDER TO HANG IT..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by donbenie(m): 10:13am On Jul 26, 2021
Kingcalls:
And how have America won the war?
Google are also banned from China?
Do you know how much that is costing Google?
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by emae009(m): 5:10pm On Jul 26, 2021
donbenie:
And how have America won the war?
Google are also banned from China?
Do you know how much that is costing Google?

65+% mobile phone market share
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by donbenie(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
emae009:

65+% mobile phone market share
Who has 65% of mobile phone market share?
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by emae009(m): 5:25pm On Jul 26, 2021
donbenie:
Who has 65% of mobile phone market share?

Google Android.... when you asked how much China ban on GMS was. I was only pointing out that Google still controls they market despite that
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by donbenie(m): 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2021
emae009:

Google Android
You do know that Google and Android is not one and the same thing,right?
Google makes their money by you making use of their services..
Now imagine how many BILLIONS Google is losing each year..
Because they can't sell their services to HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of Chinese customers.. shocked
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by emae009(m): 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2021
donbenie:
You do know that Google and Android is not one and the same thing,right?
Google makes their money by you making use of their services..
Now imagine how many BILLIONS Google is losing each year..
Because they can't sell their services to HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of Chinese customers.. shocked

I said Google Android to differentiate it from HarmonyOS.
Google still loses billions without China because not everybody is a fan of Google.
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by Youngpo413: 6:11pm On Jul 26, 2021
AK481:
This is beyond Huawei.
It's international trade palava.

Tit for tat the US is giving China.

From time immemorial, the Chinese has banned a lot of US invention,even iPhone is more of China than US.

Youtibe and Google,tweeter,whatsapp all banned in China and replaced by weibo and wechat .

Yet they want their indigenous invention to be used world wide .

The interesting thing is that China can't even retaliate because they have already blocked anything foreign tech from day 1.

Story
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by donbenie(m): 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
emae009:

I said Google Android to differentiate it from HarmonyOS.
Google still loses billions without China because not everybody is a fan of Google.
Yes,not everyone is a fan of Google,but at least they have a choice..
In China,Google is losing billions,because they are prevented from doing business,by the Chinese government..
Like I said,Huawei and Chinese companies aren't the only ones being hit by the trade wars..
Re: Huawei Is Zooming Into Oblivion by emae009(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2021
donbenie:
Yes,not everyone is a fan of Google,but at least they have a choice..
In China,Google is losing billions,because they are prevented from doing business,by the Chinese government..
Like I said,Huawei and Chinese companies aren't the only ones being hit by the trade wars..

It's not only Google that's ban from China tech space. That's something that happened a long time ago. Google is still growing, same can't be said of Huawei. Both are banned for different reasons. China wanted to promote indigenous tech hence foreign ones had to give. Huawei is banned for a whole other reason. Even if America remove Huawei from the entity list, China won't still allow Google. The two scenarios aren't mutually inclusive

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 16 Pro’ Could Be The First Iphone With Under-display Front Camera. / Oppo Reno 8 5G Global Edition Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / Any Got Nokia 3410 Simlock Unlock Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.