Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 (4179 Views)

Governor Udom Bags Independent Best Governor Award In FDI and Industrilization / Ganduje Bags ‘Best Governor’ Award Despite Bribe-taking Videos / Is Abubakar Sani Bello The Richest Governor In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 by Emmanuelakpan23: 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
In Nigeria we have many Governor who are doing well in their respective state. But some of these Governor have done tremendously well. So without much further Ado this are the best Governor In Nigeria 2021

(1) Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa (Delta State Governor);
Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa is undoubtedly the best and most powerful governor in Nigeria. This man is one of the politicians that is respected and commended by his fellows. I mean, other governors in Nigeria even make good comments for his kind of leadership.

In my opinion, if Nigeria should have someone like Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa in all the thirty six states in the federation, the problems of the country wouldn’t have been as numerous as it is.

(2) Ezenwo Nyesom Wike (Rivers State Governor);
He is another good governor in Nigeria. Okowa is a man that is loved by majority of the people in Rivers state even till today. Funnily enough, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike is not just a governor, he is a lawyer as well. I mean, he studied law at Rivers State University of Science and was called to the Nigerian Bar. In my view, Governor Ezenwo Nyesom Wike of Rivers State is one of the governors that contributed greatly to the development of education in Nigeria. Wikipedia records that Governor Wike gave free public primary and secondary education in 2019. Aside from that, this man kicked-off the construction of three (3) major flyovers simultaneously at Port Harcourt.

(3) Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia State);
Okezie Ikpeazu may not be the best governor Abia State has ever had, but I must confess that he is one of the most performing amongst all the state governors in Nigeria currently. He was born in October 18th, 1964 and was educated at the University of Maiduguri where he studied Clinical Biochemistry.

Since the inception of his regime in May 29, 2015, below are some of the notable achievements of Okezie:
a. He launched a Free ICT training school for primary and secondary students in the state using the e-library at Umuahia as hub.

b. Okezie Ikpeazu stated the Education for Employment (E4E) scheme and that has created employment for some youths in the state.

C. Okezie Ikpeazu started the Integrated Payroll Verification System (IPVS) so as to captured the biometric of staff in the state. According to him, this will help to reduce wastage of resources and money in paying ghost workers.

d. It has also been confirmed that the problem associated with payment of pensioners has been resolved in the state. Currently, pensions are being paid straight into their accounts.

Of course, above is just a few of the achievements of Okezie Ikpeazu. There are other wonderful things not mentioned here. He may not be perfect but he is one of the best the Abia State has had.

(4) Nasir el-Rufai (Kaduna state Governor);
Nasir el-Rufai is currently one of the best governors in Nigeria and also one of the most transparent and responsible governors Kaduna state has ever had. He is an experienced and well respected politician. In fact, many Nigerians profess that he is good, especially citizens from Kaduna state.

It will also surprise you to know that Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna state has served as the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory from 2003 to 2007; and the director of the Bureau of Public Enterprises. In fact, he is one of the founding member of APC. Currently, he is respected by other leaders in APC too
When Nasir el-Rufai was tested positive to the Corona Virus in 2020, he publicly announced it to the nation as a good leader, and followed the instructions by the government to isolate himself so as to prevent the virus from spreading. No doubt, he is equally on of the best governors in Nigeria this 2020.

(5) Babagana Umara Zulum (Governor of Borno State);
Babagana Umara Zulum is another governor I love so much. He is a well known professor and a politician. In case you don’t know, Babagana Umara Zulum was recently elected as the governor of Borno state, but for the short time he has spent in office, he efforts to foster growth and development in Borno state and the whole of Nigeria at large are apparent.

Wikipedia postulates that governor Babagana Umara Zulum was born on the 26th of August, 1969 at Mafa Local Government Area of Borno State. He Mafa Primary School and graduated in 1980. Babagana Umara Zulum later studied Agriculture Engineering at the prestigious University of Maiduguri.

Even before he was made governor of Borno state, Babagana Umara Zulum has worked in the Nigeria civil service. He has also played major role through the All Progressive Congress (APC) in ensuring that there is peace and security in Borno state.

(6) Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (Governor of Sokoto State);

Next on my list of the best Governors in Nigeria this 2020 is Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto State. Waziri Tambuwal is a politician and a well known lawyer in Nigeria too.

He graduated from Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto in 1991 and proceeded to the Nigerian Law School, Lagos to complete his legal studies. Aminu Waziri Tambuwal was later called to the Nigerian bar 1992.

In leadership, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal has been doing well. In fact, i think he is one of the best governors Sokoto state has every had since the state was created. His impact in Sokoto state are not arguable. That is apparently why he won Sokoto State election when he ran for the election the second time.

Waziri Tambuwal currently a member of the Nigerian Bar Association and the Public Relations Officers. He is undoubtedly one of the best governors in Nigeria too.

(7) Udom Gabriel Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom State Governor);

If you want to mention governors in Nigeria that talk and do exactly what they say, Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel is one of them. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel is one of leaders that actually had a plan for his people before taking up the power to lead. This is exactly why the people of Akwa Ibom state re-elected him in 2019 to serve them.

When he came into power in 2015, goevernor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel had the following to accomplish:

Economic and Political Inclusion
Wealth Creation
Infrastructural Consolidation and Expansion
Poverty Alleviation
Job Creation
He publicly asserted this with the promise that he will accomplish them. As at 2020, I will personally say he has done a lot already. It was during his leadership that the First Shoprite at Ibom was created.

Accordingly, Udom Gabriel Emmanuel built an Automobile Assembly Plant at Itu and also Constructed some of the major Federal roads in the state.

Believe it or not, Governor Udom Gabriel Emmanuel is one of the best governors in Nigeria. You can do more research about this man to corroborate my point.

(cool Chief Willie Obiano (Anambra State Governor);
Next on my list of the best governors in Nigeria is the current governor of Anambra state, Chief Willie Obiano. Willie Obiano is a powerful politician and a professional banker in Nigeria.

According to my research, Governor Willie Obiano started his banking career at the First Bank of Nigeria before he left to join the services of Chevron Oil Nigeria Plc as an accountant and rose to the position of Chief Internal Auditor.

Eventually, he left Chevron Oil Nigeria Plc to join politics, knowing fully well that he would be a good leader. He became the fourth Democratic Governor of Anambra State.

Governor Willie Obiano has really achieved a lot as the governor of Anambra state. This is apparently true as almost all the people of Anambra state are in support of this leadership. This does not, however, dispute the fact the he has also made mistakes as governor at some points. He is indeed, one of the best governors in Nigeria.

(9) Lawrence Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu State);

70% of the people in Enugu state can attest to the fact that Lawrence Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is really doing well as a governor. I mean, amongst all the governors in Nigeria, he is one of the best and most performing. According to Vanguardngr, when Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi assumed office, the economy of Enugu state was very poor. But three years after he came into power, there was a great change.

As you already know, Lawrence Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi is one of the core members of the People’s Democratic Party. He was born at Orba Town in Udenu Local Government Area of Nsukka in 1964. Aside from politics, Ugwuanyi is also a good business man. He was the General Manager of Premier Insurance Brokers Limited Enugu before becoming Governor of Enugu state.

Governor Lawrence Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has worked in different positions before he eventually became the governor of Enugu state. Take example, he was once the Chairman of house committee on Marine Transport. Accordingly, he has been the president of Rotary Club of Enugu State. No doubt, he is one of the best Governors in Nigeria today.

(10) Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos State):
Babajide Sanwo-Olu (current governor of lagos state) is undoubtedly one of the best governors in Nigeria. He is a well known Nigerian Politician and an ardent member of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Babajide Sanwo-Olu has been governor for just few years now but he is really doing well. In fact her has won the Merit award from the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria and the Platinum award from the Lagos State Public Service Club due to his dedication and good works in Lagos State.

Research shows that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had a good family background while he was growing up so, he was train well. Research shows that he went to London Business School and the University of Lagos (UNILAG).

Even though he has not really done so much like other governors yet mentioned above, I strongly believe he is going to do more great things in Lagos State with the kind of spirit he has.

(11) Governor Abdulahi Ganduje (Kano State);
Abdulahi Ganduje is the last governor in my list of the best Governors in Nigeria (2020). He was born at Ganduje in Dawakin Tofa, Kano State. Abdulahi Ganduje is a very respected politician in Nigeria. He is also a well educated man too. Research shows that Governor Abdulahi Ganduje studied at the University of Ibadan, Bayero University Kano and the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University.

In fact, before he became governor of kano state, he was conferred the honor of Order of the Federal Republic in 2013, during President Goodluck Jonathan’s regime. This apparently, shows that amongst all the governors in Nigeria, he is better to some extent. Over the past few months, Kano state has also record significant growth in Agriculture and other sectors of their economy.

In case you don’t know, Abdulahi Ganduje is a core member of the People’s Democratic Party (also known as PDP). He is evidently one of the best governors I can mention for.
Source click [url]here=https://www.google.com/url?q=https://bscholarly.com/best-governors-in-nigeria/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwikrfOEiP_xAhUOQUEAHRRPDn4QFjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw00dZ7bZxrwG-aFLQzLfC1M[/url]

If you don't agree with this list you can comment
Re: Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 by baconline(m): 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2021
Forget all this one, the best governor is Zulum of Borno state

1 Like

Re: Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 by Emmanuelakpan23: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2021
baconline:
you sure
Re: Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 by Danzakidakura(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
baconline:
shut up can you show us any project executed by zulum or just wasting the life of his security men.

Dave Umeahi and Ganduje
Re: Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 by Christiansen(m): 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Nice one
Re: Best Governor In Nigeria 2021 by r4bbit: 11:51pm On Jul 25, 2021
grin grin grin..... Lol

(1) (Reply)

Joke Silva Is A Big Disappointment, See Why / President Tinubu To Orji Uzor Kalu; “I Came To Your House To Rest”. / We’ll Prioritise Food Security In Lagos – Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.