Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,653 members, 7,813,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! (561 Views)

Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? / Jesus Christ Is The God Of Abraham, See Overwhelming Evidence!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by bingbagbo(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2021
John 8:56-59

[56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”
[57]Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?
[58]Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
[59]Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

QUESTION 1:. WHERE DID ABRAHAM SEE JESUS?

QUESTION 2: WHY DID THE JEWS ATTEMPT TO STONE JESUS AFTER HE TOLD THEM ABRAHAM SAW HIS DAYS?

THANK. YOU
Re: Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by Sunmolar(m): 8:24am On Jul 26, 2021
bingbagbo:

[57]Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?
[58]Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
[59]Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

QUESTION 2: WHY DID THE JEWS ATTEMPT TO STONE JESUS AFTER HE TOLD THEM ABRAHAM SAW HIS DAYS?

THANK. YOU

1. Genesis 14:17-20. As Melchizedek king & priest.
2. I think they were yet mature with understanding the scriptures.Melchizedek was king & priest And Jesus manifests as King & high priest. They don't understand the similarities. That Jesus had manifested as Melchizedek.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by orientation666: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2021
Genesis 18 answers your question sir.
JESUS CHRIST IS THE GOD OF HEAVEN, GOD OF THE EARTH AND GOD OF All.
The world has been washed in the so called trinitarian doctrine and the truth has been eroded.
But thank God, even the Lord Jesus christ who has not left us without a witness.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by bingbagbo(m): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2021
orientation666:
Genesis 18 answers your question sir.
JESUS CHRIST IS THE GOD OF HEAVEN, GOD OF THE EARTH AND GOD OF All.
The world has been washed in the so called trinitarian doctrine and the truth has been eroded.
But thank God, even the Lord Jesus christ who has not left us without a witness.
Amen

Flesh and Blood has not revealed this to u bro
Re: Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by orientation666: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2021
Sunmolar:

1. Genesis 14:17-20. As Melchizedek king & priest.
2. I think they were yet mature with understanding the scriptures.Melchizedek was king & priest And Jesus manifests as King & high priest. They don't understand the similarities. That Jesus had manifested as Melchizedek.
MELCHIZEDEK AND JESUS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE, MANIFESTING IN DIFFERENT DISPENSATION.
Re: Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by bingbagbo(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2021
orientation666:

MELCHIZEDEK AND JESUS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE, MANIFESTING IN DIFFERENT DISPENSATION.

FACT
Re: Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by madegreatbygrace(m): 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2021
quote author=bingbagbo post=104103338]

THANK. YOU

Q1.Certainly on Mount Moriah when Isaac was to be offered as a sacrifice.

“But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?” And Abraham said, “My son, [b]God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt [/b]offering.” So the two of them went together.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:7-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Notice that he said God will provide Himself a lamb. That means God will make himself a Lamb that will take away the sin of the world.

This is the redemption story.

This is Christ as a redemptive sacrifice and not Isaac

This is when Abraham saw the day of Christ.

The day is the entire ministry of Jesus

His suffering and the glory that would be revealed after.

Q2 The Jews evidently understood the meaning of I AM.

They also knew I AM is only ascribed to God.

So Jesus is here telling them He’s God.

The Jews considered it blasphemous and so attempted to stone Him.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Abraham See Jesus? If You Know The Truth, Come And Answer! by bingbagbo(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
madegreatbygrace:

Q1.Certainly on Mount Moriah when Isaac was to be offered as a sacrifice.

“But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, “My father!” And he said, “Here I am, my son.” Then he said, “Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?” And Abraham said, “My son, [b]God will provide for Himself the lamb for a burnt [/b]offering.” So the two of them went together.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:7-8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Notice that he said God will provide Himself a lamb. That means God will make himself a Lamb that will take away the sin of the world.

This is the redemption story.

This is Christ as a redemptive sacrifice and not Isaac

This is when Abraham saw the day of Christ.

The day is the entire ministry of Jesus

His suffering and the glory that would be revealed after.

Q2 The Jews evidently understood the meaning of I AM.

They also knew I AM is only ascribed to God.

So Jesus is here telling them He’s God.

The Jews considered it blasphemous and so attempted to stone Him.

Bless U

(1) (Reply)

Similarities Between Oduduwa/Lamurudu And Abraham/Terah! / Nigerian Megachurches Practise The Prosperity They Preach / This Books Lets You Tap Spiritual Power To Achieve Any Goal!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.