Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App (12599 Views)

Elon Musk Biography, Networth And Lifestyle / Cyber Security And Ethical Hacking / Free Internet Service: Red Cheetah Emerges Nigeria’s No. 1 Lifestyle App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by neyoohhh: 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2021
Tech is the new oil.
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by pacespot(m): 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
Nice, but don't seem to fully grap the concept, is it like Google authenticator?
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by anambraamaka: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
Nice
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2021
othermen:
Nigeria is very hostile to the youth. Most authorities (police etc) that request your identity card are willing to disregard your privacy. Now that you are presenting your phone as a means to check your Id, you may be creating an avenue for them to exploit you, they can’t afford your phone sadly and would be interested in how you afforded it or interested in the amount in your bank account.

For other institutions like banks, they often need a copy of your Id. They may equally be hostile. I hope this concerns are addressed. It is sure a great idea.

Then add the ssues of security. Knowing THIS government, they can arm twist the app developers at any time to release sensitive user information for their sinister use. Great app but worst country for its use

1 Like

Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by Nukilia: 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2021
Omicron007:
grin grin grin grin grin

Most of these will disappear over time.
We are not new to this.
Some of them go into oblivion once they collect[b] their share of the tech start funds[/b].

My major concern is not about the money, but the exposure of peoples ID to fraudsters who can hack into the database of the organization.
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by Nukilia: 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2021
Someone7:

Then add the issues of security. Knowing THIS government, they can arm-twist the app developers at any time to release sensitive user information for their sinister use. Great app but worst country for its use

You are correct 100%!

1 Like

Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by Gfskw: 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2021
Oh
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by obotubong: 1:22am On Jul 27, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
So where will my data be stored?

In america, i guess, where your investors lives.

That means the United states government have access to all the users information all because a US investor invested in the company.

Where is you Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter, Bank and nairaland data stored?

1 Like

Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by obotubong: 1:23am On Jul 27, 2021
Flairoqy:
Until it is regulated by the government, I can’t give any information to private companies.

But your info is with Facebook
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by Flairoqy(m): 1:52am On Jul 27, 2021
obotubong:

But your info is with Facebook
Facebook is regulated.
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by Sanron228: 11:16am On Aug 04, 2021
I think it's hard to create your own app. I'm thinking about creating my own app on different games. I don't have any experience with that. I hope that I will be able to do what I have planned. The website https://topflightapps.com/ideas/mobile-app-metrics-kpis/ helps me with that. I'm still figuring out all the intricacies. I didn't think it would take me this long. It's taking up all my free time.
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by obotubong: 11:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
Flairoqy:

Facebook is regulated.

Regulated? Where was you when Facebook sold your info to a marketing consultant company? Wasn’t it same info that got them into trouble? This same Facebook is now using your info to make money through targeted ads
Re: Youverify Launches Youid, An All-in-one Security And Lifestyle App by Flairoqy(m): 3:54am On Sep 10, 2021
obotubong:

Regulated? Where was you when Facebook sold your info to a marketing consultant company? Wasn’t it same info that got them into trouble? This same Facebook is now using your info to make money through targeted ads
At the end we don’t get scammed, Facebook policy all go against fraudulent activities but average Nigerians want a little bit of information from you to swindle you off your entire earnings, until government decide to backup my data against any form of liquidity affiliated to this youverify app, sorry I’ll pass.
Have you heard of SuperLoan? they may not be Nigerians but that’s what you get when you don’t scrutinize fintech license.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electricity Supply Drops To 2,817.05MW - Federal Ministry Of Power / Www.eskimi.com – M.eskimi.com Download App / Solar System Planet Count Down With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.