Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Our Community Will Not Grow With Hate Speeches And Untrue Stories - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Our Community Will Not Grow With Hate Speeches And Untrue Stories (375 Views)

Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar Tells Security Agencies To Arrest Any Hate-Preacher / Why Do They Hate Been Called Yoruba / 20 Things I Hate About Lagos State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Community Will Not Grow With Hate Speeches And Untrue Stories by impact231(m): 11:24am On Jul 26, 2021
A topnotch traditional ruler in Ijebu Igbo, Ijebu North local government area of Ogun State, Oba Mufutau Yusuf (Sopen Lukale of Oke Sopen) has debunked the news being peddled around, particularly on social media platforms wherein he was alleged to have made 'outrageous' demands while discussing terms of agreement with Dangote group.

It has been earlier reported that Dangote group of companies had approached a community in the King's domain for mining and agreements were reached between the parties involved. However, as the host traditional ruler of the community where the resources was discovered, the King explained that he is entitled to some demands which he has done with modesty.

He revealed that contrary to what is being circulated by some people, what he has demanded from the company is not outrageous.

"My role is in line as stipulated in the Mining Act. What I did was to help attract developmental projects to the community through the negotiation with Dangote group of companies. The demand are as follows :

The communities demand from Dangote Group the operation of commercial quarry, at least a unit of their crusher as economic benefit

10% of the daily material output in every months shall be giving to host communities.

Monthly stipend payment to Baales should be increased to #200,000 while two executive members of Ajebandele and Ademowo villages should increase to #150,000.

Employment of immediate communities graduates by the Dangote Group

Completion of ongoing projects like schools with full classrooms furnitures and health centre with medical facilities.

Yearly scholarship award to university students and secondary schools students of immediate communities and Ijebu Igbo Community

Renovation and equipment of the General Hospital,Ijebu Igbo.

Renovation of at least 5 health centres in Ijebu Igbo and its villages, annually.

Construction of blocks of 6 classrooms and renovation of block of 6 classrooms in Ijebu Igbo Community and it's villages annually.

Maintenance of Ijebu Igbo township roads and villages, particularly Ademowo Village road to Gbekutaru with box culvert construction.

Yearly payment of communities annual prayer fees of #500,000 to Ademowo, #500,000 to Ajebandele, #250,000 to Babarisi and #250,000 to Idiomo communities

Community tickets to loaded truck on daily basis

Dangote Group shall provide 20 Solar Borehole with over head tank to the strategic location in Ehin Osun Villages and Ijebu Igbo Township in five year term, in which the location will jointly be decided by Oba Sopen Lukale and the host communities leaders.

Construction of Oke Sopen Community Town Hall.

Donation of Security Patrol van to Ijebu Igbo Security outfit

Extension of monthly stipend to more members of the communities as follows;

a. 20 members each of Ademowo and Ajebandele.

b. 10 members each of Babarisi and Idiomo

c. Council of Baales, Council of Oloritun Oke Sopen, Sopen in Councils and Kabiesi slot.

d. Elders in Council,Youth Group in Ijebu Igbo to single account and Oke Sopen Development Association.

e. 5 Hot spots: Oke Alaafia Base, Four Roads, Aleke Base, Station Base Odorasonyin Base.

Provision of Ambulance for purpose of quick intervention/response to accident victim and donation of tractors for the community farmers.

Training of our Youth in Dangote Technical Skill Acquisition Centre and immediate employment for the successful graduands.

It is my belief that if these demands are met, it will be of massive advantage to my people", Oba Mufutau said.

On his personal demand, the royal father reiterated that his demands are not outrageous as claimed.

He said, "My demands are as normal as what every other king would have requested. They include; a sum of ten million naira, a medical trip oncw in two years. Those saying I requested fifty million naira and a medical trip four times in a year are either being misinformed or mischievous. The true position of things is what all I have mentioned".

Oba Mufutau Yusuf warned the rumour peddlers to desist. He noted that nothing travels faster than a fake news and that it is majorly done out of hatred.

Re: Our Community Will Not Grow With Hate Speeches And Untrue Stories by donbachi(m): 11:33am On Jul 26, 2021
His demands are considerate.not like in niger delta,where kings and cdc's will ask it be coverted into cash.and you see them smiling anyhow.building private schools,estates and hotels.
And the youths,will be praising them.wetin u go dey hear na "if u see him house for,if u see him cars,if you see him wife school".. and so fort.

Longlive the king!
Kabiyesi!
May your reign be fruitful.
Re: Our Community Will Not Grow With Hate Speeches And Untrue Stories by Loyalty100: 11:44am On Jul 26, 2021
why must dangote mine their natural resources I don't understand, can't they rally round and mine it themselves abi naso Ijebu people poor reach with all the rich people I heard came from there

(1) (Reply)

How Human Life Started According To Igbos - Genesis From African Perspective / What Is Metaverse? / What’s My Juno Sign?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.