Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? (1308 Views)

Live Unveiling Of The TECNO Phantom X Device (watch Live) / TECNO Camon 17 Pro (125,000) Vs Redmi Note 10 Pro (124,000), Which Should U Buy? / Tecno Camon X Vs Tecno Camon CX : Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Yyvonne: 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
If you have been looking at the prospect of purchasing a TECNO Camon 17 Pro, but have yet to do so, you might want to hold off and consider what TECNO has to offer in the Phantom X. Come along with us as we walk you through this TECNO Phantom X vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro comparison.

Both phones were released in 2021, the Camon in June and the Phantom in July, and so are peers. As a matter of fact, they share quite a number of similar characteristics and can almost be said to be twins. While the Camon series have championed selfie photography, TECNO has repositioned the Phantom brand as its premium category of smartphones, though the X is arguably still a mid-ranger.

The question is, What are the differences between the Camon 17 Pro and the Phantom X cell phones? If you are in the market for a mid-range smartphone and are looking towards TECNO, this comparison between the two devices should help you make an informed choice.

TECNO Camon 17 Pro and TECNO Phantom X are different enough in terms of design that you can not mix them up. However, it is in other areas mostly unseen that they share many similarities.

The similarities-
For starters, they have almost exactly the same screen size – 6.7 inches for the X and 6.8 inches for the Camon 17 Pro. In addition, both displays are 90H refresh rate panels.

What else do they have in common? They both run Android 11 under TECNO’s HiOS 7.6. They both use a MediaTek Helio G95 chipset, and they both have 8 GB of RAM. These two phones also have 256 GB internal storage, though the Camon 17 Pro also has a 128 GB variant. As far as expandable memory capability is concerned, both phones have a dedicated microSD card slot. Lastly, they both offer 33W fast charging.

That is a lot of similarities, if you ask us. At the core, these two phones are the same and will offer comparable performance. But even twins have differences. So, let’s have a look at where these two siblings differ.

The differences:

TECNO Phantom X front and back
While the two phones have almost the same size of display and the same 90Hz refresh rate, they differ in terms of the type of display, as well as in terms of protection. The Phantom X has an AMOLED panel and Gorilla Glass 5 protection, while the Camon has an IPS LCD panel. There is no toughened glass protection mentioned. In effect, the display of the Phantom will offer better contrast and deeper blacks, as well as likely survive falls and scratches better than that of the Camon 17 Pro.

Still on the front side of the phone, the Phantom X has two snappers for its selfie camera, while the Camon has a single selfie camera. Flipping to the back, the Phantom has a triple camera, but it is a more capable shooter than the quad cameras of the Camon.

This TECNO Phantom X vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro comparison will be incomplete without a look at the batteries of these two cell phones. The X has a 4700 mAh battery, but the Camon 17 Pro beats it with a slightly bigger 5000mAh battery. As already mentioned, both phones are equipped with 33W fast charging for quicker battery top-ups.

Lastly, as already mentioned, while the Phantom X has only one storage variant (256 GB), the Camon 17 Pro has that, as well as a 128 GB storage option.

Conclusions
In conclusion, Phantom X has a better screen and more capable cameras, both front and back. On the other hand, the Camon 17 Pro has a slightly larger display, as well as a beefier battery, plus the option of 256 GB internal storage.

It is when we come to the prices of both devices that we hit a wall. The Camon 17 Pro (256 GB) goes for 280 euros (₦129,000), the Phantom X sells for 480 euros (₦228,000). Whether you think that the AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 5, and better cameras are worth the extra 200 euros (₦99,000) is a question that only you must answer. Over to you.

Source:
https://mobilityarena.com/tecno-phantom-x-vs-tecno-camon-17-pro/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=-newsletter-post-title-and-newsletter-total-other-stories_1

Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by saratackit: 10:04am On Jul 27, 2021
Both are nice phones for different categories of interest... To me phantom X is like the combination of all TECNOs smartphones series... Everything about it is attractive an make sense.

But I know my class grin my Camon 17 pro Too dey gimme joy
Yyvonne:
If you have been looking at the prospect of purchasing a TECNO Camon 17 Pro, but have yet to do so, you might want to hold off and consider what TECNO has to offer in the Phantom X. Come along with us as we walk you through this TECNO Phantom X vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro comparison.

Both phones were released in 2021, the Camon in June and the Phantom in July, and so are peers. As a matter of fact, they share quite a number of similar characteristics and can almost be said to be twins. While the Camon series have championed selfie photography, TECNO has repositioned the Phantom brand as its premium category of smartphones, though the X is arguably still a mid-ranger.

The question is, What are the differences between the Camon 17 Pro and the Phantom X cell phones? If you are in the market for a mid-range smartphone and are looking towards TECNO, this comparison between the two devices should help you make an informed choice.

TECNO Camon 17 Pro and TECNO Phantom X are different enough in terms of design that you can not mix them up. However, it is in other areas mostly unseen that they share many similarities.

The similarities-
For starters, they have almost exactly the same screen size – 6.7 inches for the X and 6.8 inches for the Camon 17 Pro. In addition, both displays are 90H refresh rate panels.

What else do they have in common? They both run Android 11 under TECNO’s HiOS 7.6. They both use a MediaTek Helio G95 chipset, and they both have 8 GB of RAM. These two phones also have 256 GB internal storage, though the Camon 17 Pro also has a 128 GB variant. As far as expandable memory capability is concerned, both phones have a dedicated microSD card slot. Lastly, they both offer 33W fast charging.

That is a lot of similarities, if you ask us. At the core, these two phones are the same and will offer comparable performance. But even twins have differences. So, let’s have a look at where these two siblings differ.

The differences:

While the two phones have almost the same size of display and the same 90Hz refresh rate, they differ in terms of the type of display, as well as in terms of protection. The Phantom X has an AMOLED panel and Gorilla Glass 5 protection, while the Camon has an IPS LCD panel. There is no toughened glass protection mentioned. In effect, the display of the Phantom will offer better contrast and deeper blacks, as well as likely survive falls and scratches better than that of the Camon 17 Pro.

Still on the front side of the phone, the Phantom X has two snappers for its selfie camera, while the Camon has a single selfie camera. Flipping to the back, the Phantom has a triple camera, but it is a more capable shooter than the quad cameras of the Camon.

This TECNO Phantom X vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro comparison will be incomplete without a look at the batteries of these two cell phones. The X has a 4700 mAh battery, but the Camon 17 Pro beats it with a slightly bigger 5000mAh battery. As already mentioned, both phones are equipped with 33W fast charging for quicker battery top-ups.

Lastly, as already mentioned, while the Phantom X has only one storage variant (256 GB), the Camon 17 Pro has that, as well as a 128 GB storage option.

Conclusions
In conclusion, Phantom X has a better screen and more capable cameras, both front and back. On the other hand, the Camon 17 Pro has a slightly larger display, as well as a beefier battery, plus the option of 256 GB internal storage.

It is when we come to the prices of both devices that we hit a wall. The Camon 17 Pro (256 GB) goes for 280 euros (₦129,000), the Phantom X sells for 480 euros (₦228,000). Whether you think that the AMOLED display, Gorilla Glass 5, and better cameras are worth the extra 200 euros (₦99,000) is a question that only you must answer. Over to you.

Source:
https://mobilityarena.com/tecno-phantom-x-vs-tecno-camon-17-pro/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=-newsletter-post-title-and-newsletter-total-other-stories_1
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Flamees(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2021
No comment

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by hoilakes(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lol... kudos to TECNO Mobile for giving you the best for your budgets too... you've got an excellent device!
saratackit:
Both are nice phones for different categories of interest... To me phantom X is like the combination of all TECNOs smartphones series... Everything about it is attractive an make sense.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by RuneKingThor: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lmao. None of them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Sunkanmiwise(m): 3:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
The difference is so clear. They are both good phones , it's all about your preferences and budget.
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Kakadancefreak(f): 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
I sure will wanna keep both of these devices.

Phantom X is has everything I want in a phone and even more.

The Camon17Pro's selfie Camera is dope.
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Sainthia: 9:55am On Jul 28, 2021
Yyvonne:

The similarities-

The differences:

Conclusions

Source:
if I'm in desperate need of a phone and I have just these two options, I think I'd choose the camon17 pro
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Yyvonne: 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
saratackit:

combination of all tecno smart phone? Lol
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by saratackit: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2021
I went to a mall to get stuffs so I checked the TECNO Phantom X out... You hardly notice it's a TECNO phone
Yyvonne:
combination of all tecno smart phone? Lol
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by skywalker240(m): 4:24am On Jul 29, 2021
Anybody with a working brain won't buy none

Because they're both SCAM and rubbish

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by skywalker240(m): 4:27am On Jul 29, 2021
Thread created by marketers, flooded with marketers

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Fonjewel0(f): 10:30am On Jul 29, 2021
Both devices have great Specs.

Would actually get a Phantom X because I have the cash set aside for it.

And it's fabrication is just wonderful!
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Yourfav: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2021
Phantomx. Love your curves and all your edges
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Corroro: 4:04am On Jul 30, 2021
Phantom X, any day anytime
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Corroro: 4:05am On Jul 30, 2021
congrats investigative marketer, well done
skywalker240:
Thread created by marketers, flooded with marketers
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by chocoboi: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2021
Phantom X even in the good and the bad time.. kiss
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by chocoboi: 9:00am On Jul 30, 2021
skywalker240:
Anybody with a working brain won't buy none

Because they're both SCAM and rubbish

Why the jealousy now Xiaomi fan boy
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by skywalker240(m): 9:06am On Jul 30, 2021
chocoboi:

Why the jealousy now Xiaomi fan boy
Is that all you have to say?

That's low Sir
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Realboygenius(m): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
I'll easily go for the Phantom X.
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 03, 2021
Realboygenius:
I'll easily go for the Phantom X.
because your brain isn't working

1 Like

Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by selfdefence: 6:28pm On Aug 08, 2021
Both great devices, but it's the Phantom X for me
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by chocoboi: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2021
skywalker240:

Is that all you have to say?

That's low Sir

It's just so obvious that you hate the device because they are better than yours.

Let's be realistic, leave aside the jealousy. If you were given the phone won't you collect..
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by skywalker240(m): 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2021
chocoboi:

It's just so obvious that you hate the device because they are better than yours.

Let's be realistic, leave aside the jealousy. If you were given the phone won't you collect..
ill collect it and sell or swap it with a better brand smiley
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by investigator007: 6:45am On Aug 09, 2021
It's the Phantom X for me, any day anytime
Re: TECNO Phantom X Vs TECNO Camon 17 Pro: Which Should You Buy? by sunshineV(f): 8:00am On Aug 09, 2021
investigator007:
It's the Phantom X for me, any day anytime
bcus na dust full ur head

(1) (Reply)

Oneplus 8 Pro 12GB/256GB SOLD / Tecno Camon 19 Pro 8GB 256gb-mondrian(tiwa Savage Signature) / Why Is My Sent Bitcoin Still Pending

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.