Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? (392 Views)

A Man Saved From Being Robbed In Abule-Egba Lagos, Captured On CCTV / Lady Accuses Davido Of ‘ignoring Her’ While She Was Being Robbed And Harassed / Man Causes Accident While Being Robbed By 'One Chance' Operators In Abuja.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by StarScream95(m): 2:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
Good day, a friend and I were discussing what to do if armed robbers are trying to get into your house while you are inside?

Do you open the door and let them take away things and leave you alone or hope they don't break your door and also cause harm to you for refusing to open up?
Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
Waiting.....
Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by agitator: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2021
StarScream95:
Good day, a friend and I were discussing what to do if armed robbers are trying to get into your house while you are inside?

Do you open the door and let them take away things and leave you alone or hope they don't break your door and also cause harm to you for refusing to open up?
It is good you use the second syllable of you name na, this one too na question shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by Plomo: 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2021
First things first, if you have grown men or boys in the house, you can arm yourselves while waiting for them to break in.

I know of families that have dane guns, pump actions and double barrels at home. If you’re strapped, please, feel free to spray them to hell. Keep your bullets close by for quick reloading.

Add to that petrol. You can find a way to open the least protective door while leaving your main burglary proof in place. Pour petrol in a big plate, splash it on them and light (but please, be careful as you do this).

If you’re the type that keeps bottles at home, break them and try to throw the sharp parts at them.

If you have nail guns at home, you already know what to do.

Now while you’re defending yourself, it’s important to keep your cool and have a strong heart. Else fear will make you make silly mistakes.

I will not suggest cutlass, incase they’re armed with guns.

Also watch out, incase the assailants are also armed especially with guns that they can shoot. While attacking them, make sure you’re always taking cover.

But if you’re the only man in the house or not plenty guys, just keep calm and do what they say, life is precious.

I have listed those suggestions above because they have worked for igbo men that live with their boys in the house.

Imagine a house with 5 to 6 grown men with their blood sharp and boiling.
Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by OlayemiAshraf(m): 3:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
. A real man should have an erection when it comes to trouble/violence ..... That's why I always sleep with one eye open and machete beside me ..... Just in case one monkey want to somersault ..
Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by Cokahot: 4:44pm On Jul 26, 2021
Getting my ballistic mask soon. I got a bull vest and anti stab inner vest. I will kill u and whoever the Bleep u came with

Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by Sonnobax15(m): 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2021
grin
As a very reasonable person wey love him life,I go just handle over everything to them...
Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by Umaruxoxo(m): 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2021
Relax ,I repeat relax .if not u go hit front page
Re: What Do You Do If You're Being Robbed? by Divoc19(f): 11:51pm On Jul 26, 2021
Very informative. Thank you plenty.

Plomo:

Now while you’re defending yourself, it’s important to keep your cool and have a strong heart. Else fear will make you make silly mistakes.

(1) (Reply)

Again, 5 Killed In Kaduna Community / Dr Chike Akunyili,husband Of Late Prof. Dora Akunyuki Murdered. / Bandits Attack Zamfara Village, Kill 6, Abduct Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.