Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist (991 Views)

AFCON: Cameroon FA Rejects Samuel Eto'o Fils' Resignation / Etienne, Samuel Eto'o's Son To Play For Cameroon In FIFA Under-17 World Cup / Samuel Eto'o's Multi-million Dollar Car Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by puremaker7(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2021
Cameroon legend Samuel Eto'o gave a snide response to a journalist who had inquired how it felt like to play with Lionel Messi at Barcelona.

The former striker played alongside the Argentina captain at the Spanish outfit, with the latter making his debut when the Central African was already an established player at the club.

In a recent interview, a journalist posed a question to the ex-Indomitable Lion as quoted by the Mirror:  "You talk about Messi, what can [Ansu Fati] learn from Messi? You obviously played with him?

It is at this point the 40-year-old replied sharply, "No. He played with me; it is different. Messi played with me. I did not play with Messi. In my time, Messi played with me. It is totally different. It is totally different."

Eto'o joined Barcelona from Real Mallorca in 2004 after he had played 155 matches for the latter, scoring 67 goals in the process.

Then Barca coach Frank Rijkaard signed him, and he went on to form a formidable team with Brazilian Ronaldinho and Frenchman Ludovic Giuly, with Messi coming in later on.

He played five seasons for the club, playing a total of 199 matches, scoring 130 goals in the process. 

Messi gradually grew and somewhat overshadowed the Cameroonian, who left in 2009 for Inter Milan. There, he played 102 matches, scoring 33 goals, and went on to retire in 2019.

Recently, Eto'o referred to Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as gods when he made a remark about PSG and France hotshot Kylian Mbappe.

"Cristiano is another god. Together with Messi, they are the players who mark current football with the highest grades. But another God is coming for when Messi and Cristiano get tired of giving us these joys. That new god will be Kylian Mbappe," he said.
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/etoo-did-not-play-with-messi-loses-cool/1kau2rk7ilp7d1sbl4jdiqi5we

Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by angelEmade: 6:18pm On Jul 26, 2021
Lol messi be giving them back to back
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by hybrid11(m): 6:19pm On Jul 26, 2021
His right, he didn't play with messi rather messi played with him
The journalist should correct himself,.not because his African

7 Likes

Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by DoggoneDogg: 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2021
Eto'o was a senior player when Messi was starting up so they should give respect when due.

Just because Wizkid has made more money does not mean TuBaba should be disrespected for him.

Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by smatt1711: 6:33pm On Jul 26, 2021
Eto is right, i be messi and Barca fan, Messi played with Eto and not the other way round
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by Ever8090: 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
Eto know his worth...Messi played with him and not the other way round...all this journalists with stupid questions just to attract attention

1 Like

Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by OJEEMAH(m): 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2021
What Eto said is fact

2 Likes

Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2021
puremaker7:
Cameroon legend Samuel Eto'o gave a snide response to a journalist who had inquired how it felt like to play with Lionel Messi at Barcelona.

The former striker played alongside the Argentina captain at the Spanish outfit, with the latter making his debut when the Central African was already an established player at the club.

In a recent interview, a journalist posed a question to the ex-Indomitable Lion as quoted by the Mirror:  "You talk about Messi, what can [Ansu Fati] learn from Messi? You obviously played with him?

It is at this point the 40-year-old replied sharply, "No. He played with me; it is different. Messi played with me. I did not play with Messi. In my time, Messi played with me. It is totally different. It is totally different."

Eto'o joined Barcelona from Real Mallorca in 2004 after he had played 155 matches for the latter, scoring 67 goals in the process.

Then Barca coach Frank Rijkaard signed him, and he went on to form a formidable team with Brazilian Ronaldinho and Frenchman Ludovic Giuly, with Messi coming in later on.

He played five seasons for the club, playing a total of 199 matches, scoring 130 goals in the process. 

Messi gradually grew and somewhat overshadowed the Cameroonian, who left in 2009 for Inter Milan. There, he played 102 matches, scoring 33 goals, and went on to retire in 2019.

Recently, Eto'o referred to Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as gods when he made a remark about PSG and France hotshot Kylian Mbappe.

"Cristiano is another god. Together with Messi, they are the players who mark current football with the highest grades. But another God is coming for when Messi and Cristiano get tired of giving us these joys. That new god will be Kylian Mbappe," he said.
https://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/etoo-did-not-play-with-messi-loses-cool/1kau2rk7ilp7d1sbl4jdiqi5we

No thing brokos no go see for Chidinma hand !! Journalists have to disrespect him because he doesn't have 6 ballon d' or. Nothing brokos no go see for inside pant
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by Kenneth10110(m): 8:34pm On Jul 26, 2021
Nice one Eto'o some footballers no go respect their age and experience then them go just jump into talk because say na Messi or CR7
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by paulolee(m): 7:08am On Jul 27, 2021
Eto Is soo on point n all he needed was just respect....he was In d game before messi started n he needed to remind them..
they cnt ask Delima ronaldo same assuming he was In Eto shoes because of the respect they have for him..
he just needed to correct the journalist...
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by cassidy1996(m): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2021
Eto na bros, messi na boy
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:46am On Jul 27, 2021
I remember those years when Eto'o was a regular at Barca. Messi was very much in the shadow while Ronaldinho was the big man. If the journalist had asked how it felt to play with Ronaldinho then he wouldn't have been offended. Messi sat for Ronaldinho for many games before he was finally given a chance and Eto'o was a regular while he sat on the bench.
Football journalists need to check their questions before asking. Eto'o was right here and I'm sure Messi will agree.
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by oyatainer(m): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2021
Kelvin30286063:
I remember those years when Eto'o was a regular at Barca. Messi was very much in the shadow while Ronaldinho was the big man. If the journalist had asked how it felt to play with Ronaldinho then he wouldn't have been offended. Messi sat for Ronaldinho for many games before he was finally given a chance and Eto'o was a regular while he sat on the bench.
Football journalists need to check their questions before asking. Eto'o was right here and I'm sure Messi will agree.

You are wrong, Eto is actually a regular before Messi but Messi never sat down for Eto.

They played different wings on the field. Eto too never sat down for Messi. Their wings has never been the same on the field. Since Messi broke out in Barca, only injuries and protection kept him out of Barca squad. Guilty, dragged with Messi while Larson, and Gudjonshen dragged the playing time with Eto
Re: 'I Did Not Play With Messi' - Eto'o Loses Cool With Journalist by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2021
oyatainer:

You are wrong, Eto is actually a regular before Messi but Messi never sat down for Eto.

They played different wings on the field. Eto too never sat down for Messi. Their wings has never been the same on the field. Since Messi broke out in Barca, only injuries and protection kept him out of Barca squad. Guilty, dragged with Messi while Larson, and Gudjonshen dragged the playing time with Eto
Go back and read what I said again. I never said Messi sat down for Eto'o. Ronaldinho played while Messi sat before he broke into the team. That was what I said. Eventually they started playing together and they went on to play together for 5 years. Again, not Eto'o, Ronaldinho. All alone, Eto'o was playing too!

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Is Back In Turin, Italy. (photos) / Out Of Context Football / Iwuoma, Chidi In American Super Bowl Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.