Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,140 members, 7,821,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! (296 Views)

Harry Maguire: Man Utd Agree £80m Deal For Leicester Defender / Chelsea Agrees £115m Fee With Real Madrid For Eden Hazard / Chelsea Agrees Fee With Arsenal For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by Christiansen(m): 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2021
Fee for France international believed to be £41m including add-ons; Deal will go through when medical is complete

Manchester United have agreed a fee of £41m with Real Madrid for defender Raphael Varane.

The price for the France international is believed to be £41m including add-ons and the deal is set to go through, subject to a medical.

Having already signed England international Jadon Sancho for £73m from Borussia Dortmund, the acquisition of Varane would be a further statement of intent from United.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team were second in the Premier League last season but finished 12 points behind Manchester City.

Varane is well established as one of the world's top defenders, having joined Real from French side Lens in the summer of 2011.

He has gone on to make over 350 appearances for the club, and be capped 79 times by France, helping them to World Cup glory in 2018.

He started all four of France's matches at Euro 2020 before they were knocked out on penalties by Switzerland.

If the deal goes through as expected, Varane's first competitive action for United could come when they start their Premier League campaign on August 14 against Leeds United at Old Trafford.

'One of best central defenders in Europe'
Analysis from Spanish football expert Terry Gibson, speaking on Sky Sports News:

"If Man Utd do get Varane across the line, they are buying one of the best central defenders in Europe. He has been fantastic at Real since day one, he has all the attributes you need and he has been slightly overlooked because of Sergio Ramos.

"But in terms of quality, I do not think there are many better than Varane."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12364918/raphael-varane-man-utd-agree-fee-with-real-madrid-for-defender

Lalasticlala
Re: Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by Christiansen(m): 9:45pm On Jul 26, 2021
But when Chelsea go sign player na? I don't like this angry

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by Numerouno94(m): 9:46pm On Jul 26, 2021
Christiansen:
But when Chelsea go sign player na? I don't like this angry

grin grin Chelsea is trying to get Harlaand/ Kane. I trust Abramovic, he will spring up some surprises b4 d closure of d transfer window.

Wat will u den say abt a certain Liverpool? Klopp's over confidence will b their undoing again this season.
Re: Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by Christiansen(m): 9:49pm On Jul 26, 2021
Numerouno94:

gringrin

They are trying to sell of Abraham, Barkley, Loftus cheeck, bakayoko, zapacosta, and Emerson. Add up all the funds from their sale to the £150m we already got and then get the players we need. But man no get patience abeg cool

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by Numerouno94(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2021
Christiansen:

They are trying to sell of Abraham, Barkley, Loftus cheeck, bakayoko, zapacosta, and Emerson. Add up all the funds from their sale to the £150m we already got and then get the players we need. But man no get patience abeg cool

I blif in Abramovic, u will b surprised the kind of players he will sign. His sure goin to help Tuchel get more legs. I heard Ziyech is movin to AC Milan?
Re: Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by Christiansen(m): 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2021
Numerouno94:

I blif in Abramovic, u will b surprised the kind of players he will sign. His sure goin to help Tuchel get more legs. I heard Ziyech is movin to AC Milan?

Yeah, they wanna take him on loan with option to buy, just like tomori.
Yes, we're definitely gonna sign some big names. Although it might be in late August. Can't wait to see Haaland in blue.
Re: Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by Numerouno94(m): 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2021
Christiansen:

Yeah, they wanna take him on loan with option to buy, just like tomori.
Yes, we're definitely gonna sign some big names. Although it might be in late August. Can't wait to see Haaland in blue.

That will b gud, buh i wuld hv preferred a Kane to Haaland buh i tink Kane is destined for City.

Chelsea needs a reliable top9, Benzema won't b a bad idea buh i don't see Madrid releasing him.

Chelsea is also preparing a deal for Declan Rice. I tink Chelsea's top priority at the moment is Rice nd Haaland.
Re: Man Utd Agree £41 Fee With Real Madrid For Varane! by justicechichex: 8:32am On Jul 27, 2021
Y'all watch out for Man utd, they mean business this season!

(1) (Reply)

Oborududu’s Final Feat Will Inspire Others – Purity / Premier League Game Week 2 Holds This Weekend, See All Fixtures And Time / Transfer News: Latest Transfer News 2021 Confirmed Today 25 Aug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.