Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe (1959 Views)

We Must Destroy This Country, Terrorist Who Fled Kuje Prison Boasts / Tinubu’s London House: The New Mecca For Politicians (Pictures) / Sunday Igboho Is A Hero – Reno Omokri Says As Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Successionist(m): 7:30am On Jul 27, 2021
Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afenifere
Afenifere lamented that “what is now regarded as Sunday Igboho’s travail ought not to occur at all if there had been good governance in Nigeria and people were not harassed without any just cause.”

Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, Afenifere, has said there is nothing wrong with Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, also known as Sunday Igboho, seeking asylum in another country where his safety can be guaranteed.

The Afenifere's National Publicity Secretary, Jare Ajayi, said Igboho is like Prophet Muhammed who fled Mecca to Medina over persecution.

He stated this in a release, titled, “Sunday Igboho Court Hearing: Afenifere Commends Olubadan, Ooni, Other Obas.”

SaharaReporters had earlier reported that the Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Saliu Adetunji, explained that he sent a delegation to Benin Republic to allay the fears of several people, including protesters who besieged his palace.

Afenifere said, “Sunday Igboho lives in Ibadan, got married in Ibadan, reared children in Ibadan, built houses in Ibadan and as such he has the rights to be protected by the Ibadan traditional institution within the ambit of the law just like any human being in Ibadan.”

He also allayed public fears of a “repeat performance of Yoruba-Fulani coalition of 1814”.

In its statement, Afenifere lamented that “what is now regarded as Sunday Igboho’s travail ought not to occur at all if there had been good governance in Nigeria and people were not harassed without any just cause.” 

“It is so sad that President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration is concentrating on hunting and harassing those who are seeking relief from the oppressive situation in Nigeria while shying away from tackling the menaces of kidnapping, terrorism and antics bordering on ethnic-cleansing,” the group added.

Afenifere also said there was nothing wrong with this intention, as it narrated, “We recall that Moses had to be taken away from the prying eyes of Pharaoh and his agents in Egypt. Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) too had to leave his hometown, Mecca for Medina in order to escape persecution.

“Thus, there is nothing wrong in Igboho seeking a respite first to preserve his life and perhaps to re-strategise.”

SaharaReporters had reported that Igboho and his wife were arrested last Monday at the Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport by security operatives following a signal the West African country received from the Nigerian government.

On Thursday, the Cour De’appal De Cotonou, Benin Republic, where Igboho and his wife, Ropo, were arraigned on Thursday, ordered the wife to be released same day.

The court had ruled that Igboho should be returned to custody.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/07/26/igboho-prophet-muhammed-who-fled-mecca-medina-over-persecution-%E2%80%93-afenifere

3 Likes

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by bigtt76(f): 7:34am On Jul 27, 2021
Cut the crap
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Hangmnk: 7:36am On Jul 27, 2021
WOW shocked these people are looking for trouble.. my fellow Muslims.. you see how they insult our beloved prophet Muhammad S.W.A. just keep it fresh in your minds.

Lemme copy these for WhatsApp and Facebook my people most see these.

1 Like

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Lawlab3: 7:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Arrewa: 7:37am On Jul 27, 2021
Ok... Noted
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Arrewa: 7:39am On Jul 27, 2021
Noted
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Asgard73: 7:40am On Jul 27, 2021
The very day IGBOHO will be extradited to Nigeria ...

All Yoruba people will block runway, so that his plane won’t land grin

While some will worship the plane as oduduwA second coming.

Elders talking trash and beating their old chests..

By the time una Buhari and Una Apc finish with una. Eye go clear

1 Like

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Emergingnation(m): 7:41am On Jul 27, 2021
Hangmnk:
WOW shocked these people are looking for trouble.. my fellow Muslims.. you see how they insult our beloved prophet Muhammad S.W.A. just keep it fresh in your minds.

Lemme copy these for WhatsApp and Facebook my people most see these.
That nigga prophet was actually a run away coward cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Hangmnk: 7:43am On Jul 27, 2021
I don't know how Insulting prophet Muhammad S.W.A by Yoruba Christians Afenifere will make their grievances heard

1 Like

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by omowolewa: 7:44am On Jul 27, 2021
Humm! That's true

4 Likes

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by jumper524(m): 7:45am On Jul 27, 2021
The holy prophet wasn't a political thug and he was protected by Allah when he flee mecca.
Please don't put pdp thug and the Great Prophet(PBUH) is same sentence,it's considered disrespectful.
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Maxymilliano(m): 7:46am On Jul 27, 2021
The comparison is absolutely unnecessary and baseless.

This is Nigeria where people get more intoxicated with religion than liquor
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Hangmnk: 7:48am On Jul 27, 2021
Emergingnation:
That nigga prophet was a actually a run away coward cheesy cheesy
in the name of Almighty Allah, I cursed you forever. May his full wrath fall upon you. Ameen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by JohnFGbegile(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2021
Igboho is greater than prophet Muhammed the rapist

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by bet9ja(m): 7:51am On Jul 27, 2021

5 Likes

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by BlowYourMind: 7:52am On Jul 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:52am On Jul 27, 2021
You can't fight for justice and not suffer, if that surprises you, go pick up the history book. Yoruba is a country that is merged with leeches by Lord Luggard, the end of that union is fast approaching, it's always tough but it is going to happen. #YorubaNationNow

1 Like

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Asidy(m): 7:53am On Jul 27, 2021
How dare you to compare our belove prophet and igboho!!!

The worst is about to happen to those that made the statement and those that report the statement.

How I wish I did not come across this reckless statement!!
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Glink2018(m): 7:54am On Jul 27, 2021
Op should be ready for any attack that might come his way by equating Igboho with the prophet Muhammad....
Pls, I beg me I no dey...I just come to watch his op and the writer of this epistle will be dealt with in the soonest time...
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by abu12: 7:57am On Jul 27, 2021
Hangmnk:
I don't know how Insulting prophet Muhammad S.W.A by Yoruba Christians Afenifere will make their grievances heard

l feel bad compare igbho with prophet Mohammed S W A. and that is why I don't like el-rufia comparing Jesus with other people.

it is high time politician stops comparing people with our religion.
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Emergingnation(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2021
Hangmnk:
in the name of Almighty Allah, I cursed you forever. May his full wrath fall upon you. Ameen.
he doesn't exist ! How can someone be cursed by something that doesn't exist. grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2021
Asidy:
How dare you to compare our belove prophet and igboho!!!

The worst is about to happen to those that made the statement and those that report the statement.

How I wish I did not come across this reckless statement!!

Prophet Muhammad also fought injustice and spoke against it many times, but the problem of you Northern Muslims is that Sheik Gumi is your role model, your bad understanding of the Teachings is worse than being a kafir

7 Likes

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by orisa37: 8:04am On Jul 27, 2021
OR LIKE ELIJAH WHO RAN FROM JEZEBEL. IGBOHO HAS JUST STARTED A JOURNEY IN MARTYRDOM. PEOPLE LIKE HIM DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE OR RUN LIKE CHICKEN PERRI PERRI. THEY HIDE TO FIGHT BACK.
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Hangmnk: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2021
abu12:

l feel bad compare igbho with prophet Mohammed S W A. and that is why I don't like el-rufia comparing Jesus with other people.

it is high time politician stops comparing people with our religion.
just keep it in your mind.. on 27 July 2021 what you posted here on social media. Ya Allah you exist, you surely do. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be’, and it is.” (Qur'an 2:117).

You'll be conscious of these cursed and you'll never forget this day
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by orisa37: 8:07am On Jul 27, 2021
OR LIKE ELIJAH WHO RAN FROM JEZEBEL. IGBOHO HAS JUST STARTED A JOURNEY IN MARTYRDOM. PEOPLE LIKE HIM DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE OR RUN LIKE CHICKEN PERRI PERRI. THEY HIDE TO FIGHT BACK. IGBOHO IS A SON OF THE SOIL IN BENI.
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by agulion: 8:08am On Jul 27, 2021
But when Muric compared Jesus with notorious Buhari all the cry cry babies above didn't show face, infact Muhammad and igboho are in the same category

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by hegelian: 8:13am On Jul 27, 2021
Hangmnk:
just keep it in your mind.. on 27 July 2021 what you posted here on social media. Ya Allah you exist, you surely do. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it, ‘Be’, and it is.” (Qur'an 2:117).

You'll be conscious of these cursed and you'll never forget this day

dindinrin, so Allah enjoys cursing people, the same people you claimed he created..you better handle your emotions or u run enter market naked.....did Afenifere abuse the prophet?Did prophet not run away from away from persecutionolodo feeling funky

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by VEXT: 8:25am On Jul 27, 2021
Igboho is even greater than Muhammad,I prefer to worship and kill for igboho than Muhammad...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by OBoy50: 8:36am On Jul 27, 2021
grin
The JAPA prophet Mohammed
Now we know why konji made him to start raping minors in his hiding ..

5 Likes

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by abbasajao(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2021
JohnFGbegile:
Igboho is greater than prophet Muhammed the rapist
If Allah wishes , He will forgive you or punish you for this your reckless statement.
Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by JohnFGbegile(m): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
abbasajao:

If Allah wishes , He will forgive you or punish you for this your reckless statement.
[/s]
shatap.

Who's Arrah

you wish you could behead me right now grin

1 Like

Re: Igboho Is Like Prophet Muhammed Who Fled Mecca For Medina Over Persecution – Afe by Yves4real(f): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hausa Version Of Peter Obi Defending IPOB Terrorists Goes Viral / Labour Party Presidential Campaign About To Kick Off In Lafia, Nasarawa State. / Protesters Besiege CBN Headquarters Over Supreme Court Ruling On Old Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.