Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

2023: Fayemi States Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Fayemi States Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results (255 Views)

2023: Fayemi, Amosun Set To Declare For Presidency / INEC's Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results In Nigeria / New Minimum Wage: Atiku States Position On FG, Labour Face-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2023: Fayemi States Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results by ogododo: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State has insisted that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) should determine when to use the electoral transmission of results ahead of the 2023 general elections.

Fayemi spoke on Channels Television’s NewsNight, which aired on Monday.

He said, “Personally, I feel we should leave the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to handle and decide when or where to utilise the electronic transmission, not the principle of it.”

Fayemi added, “I feel that the hullabaloo around this could have been avoided partly because I feel it is something that we must not over-regulate, particularly the activities of an independent commission.

“If I have the opportunity to have been asked, I would have actually argued strongly that we leave this matter for the electoral commission to handle rather than micro-manage the commission or bring the Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) as the final arbitral on what happens to the electoral commission.”

DAILY POST reports that the National Assembly had on July 15 deliberated extensively on the Electoral Amendment Bill, with the House of Representatives passing the bill moments after the PDP lawmakers walked out of the heated session.

But while the House passed the majority of the 158 clauses of the bill intact, including Clause 52 (2), the Senate only approved the conditional electronic transmission of electoral results and voted publicly over section 52(3) of the electoral act amendment bill.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/07/27/2023-fayemi-states-position-on-electronic-transmission-of-election-results/
Re: 2023: Fayemi States Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results by Penguin2: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2021
Fayemi, just like every APC member, is an idiot.
Re: 2023: Fayemi States Position On Electronic Transmission Of Election Results by ogododo: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Penguin2:
Fayemi, just like every APC member, is an idiot.

Na u sabi that.

(1) (Reply)

The Many Lies Of Kayode Opeifa / Court Remands Youth Leader In Prison For Calling Buhari, SGF "Useless" - SR / Gov. Matawalle who joined APC recently wants to takeover party structure, -Yari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.