Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect (4781 Views)

CBN Bans The Use Of Foreign Currency For Transactions In Nigeria. / NPF Suspends POCACOV Activities With Immediate Effect / Walter Onnoghen Resigns As The Chief Justice Of Nigeria With Immediate Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Curious345: 2:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
BEARUE DE change activities in Nigeria have finally come to an end.

The CBN governor minutes ago dropped the hammer on the activities of BDC's across the nation blaming them for sundry negative economic activities including money laundering and economic subversion.

He also claimed the modus operandi of the BDC's gave them overt leverage to engage in illegality of corruption and graft.

He immediately ordered banks to open a dedicated desk for forex disbursements with immediate effect.
He directed all well meaning Nigerians who need dollar for school fees, important actions, medical bills to approach their banks forthwith.

According to the CBN governor, over 5,500 BDC's across the nation get a weekly disbursement of $20,000 each week from the CBN, gulping over $100m weekly.

He queried the reasons for scarcity of dollar in the land despite this massive disbursements to the BDC's
Developing story..

Banks have been directed to assume the roles of BDC's with immediate effect.

Please take note
Seun
Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by newbornmacho(m): 2:54pm On Jul 27, 2021
Source?

1 Like

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lie from the bottomless of hell

2 Likes

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Opak001(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
This news should be verified ooo
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by OBALOLA55(m): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
AKA NLPOLICEWOMAN WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY CONCERNING THIS NEWS

5 Likes

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by OBALOLA55(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Opak001:
This news should be verified ooo
NA SO VEDAXCOOL TAKE BECOME JOBLESS

THIS LIFE NOR BALANCE AT ALLsad

2 Likes

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
If I become president this is the first thing I will do.... Leave it for bank you can easily regulate

2 Likes

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by daddytime(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hmmm

E be like say this work don tire Emefiele...

His bosses won't be very pleased with this news if indeed true.

1 Like

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Exponential101: 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2021
How. Many foolish Igbos like you, young or old live such a miserable life is beyond.

So your hopeless igbo father can not find anything worthy to do with your wretched life aside your mentioning your wretched father will never be worthy to lace their shoes.

You are indeed doomed beyond redemption. It is finish for your father.

OBALOLA55:
NA SO VEDAXCOOL TAKE BECOME JOBLESS

THIS LIFE NOR BALANCE AT ALLsad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by cocolacec(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by vedaxcool(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Exponential101:
How. Many foolish Igbos like you, young or old live such a miserable life is beyond.

So your hopeless igbo father can not find anything worthy to do with your wretched life aside your mentioning your wretched father will never be worthy to lace their shoes.

grin grin grin
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Kaiser20: 4:09pm On Jul 27, 2021
The threat of armed Banditry and kidnapping will increase.
Those Mallams will join their brothers in the desert if they take away BDCs business

1 Like

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by vcente(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2021
Na to open forex firm like thiso
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Faber(m): 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2021
Story...story story...

Na Bureau de Change na Northern Business...CBN no fit ban am...

Na Alahajis them get the business.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by AroOkigbo(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kaiser20:
The threat of armed Banditry and kidnapping will increase.
Those Mallams will join their brothers in the desert if they take away BDCs business
And if doesn't work, Emefiele will lose his job.
Hausa no fit take this kain decision play.
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Daniel058(m): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
Make I no go Change dollar hear say na $1/411

cry
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Buccalcavity2: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
Interesting.
CBN stops forex sales to BDC not ban BDC.
I'll like to see the market's reaction to this.
Emefiele isn't Lilly livered after all. First FBN, now BDC.
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by inoki247: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Everyday with Yeye policy up nd down without no result...

Make person no go wake one day hear say dem don ban Oxygen or we av been ban from sleeping...

1 Like

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by hedonido: 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2021
Which of the major BDCs depend on the paltry $20k weekly disbursement in the first place? Lol. Nonsense.
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by udele1: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lol.
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by TheFreeOne: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
I just saw this news on channels TV.

A welcome development but is buhari aware of this cos tomorrow it may be another ball game as this government is fond of lies and denials.

Awaiting confirmation from Lie, Garbage guy and that Ade

1 Like

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by FEGNO: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
In Nigeria a business investment made with your blood and sweat can evaporate in an eye blink. It has happened to me before. After exhausting million registering my own brand for syringes and importing a few containers, I still had a lot that had not come in when the Federal Government banned the importation of the regular syringe and instead declared that the auto break type syringe would henceforth be allowed. Not only was my licences less than 6 months but the company in China had my money and did not produce the auto destruct type syringe. To get my money back became a big problem. And the worst of all is that this policy never took off and after I had been effectively destroyed, the regular type syringe was allowed up till this day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2021
[s]
Curious345:
BEARUE DE change activities in Nigeria have finally come to an end.

The CBN governor minutes ago dropped the hammer on the activities of BDC's across the nation blaming them for sundry negative economic activities including money laundering and economic subversion.

He also claimed the modus operandi of the BDC's gave them overt leverage to engage in illegality of corruption and graft.

He immediately ordered banks to open a dedicated desk for forex disbursements with immediate effect.
He directed all well meaning Nigerians who need dollar for school fees, important actions, medical bills to approach their banks forthwith.

According to the CBN governor, over 5,500 BDC's across the nation get a weekly disbursement of $20,000 each week from the CBN, gulping over $100m weekly.

He queried the reasons for scarcity of dollar in the land despite this massive disbursements to the BDC's
Developing story..

Banks have been directed to assume the roles of BDC's with immediate effect.
[/s]

fake news

Please take note
Seun
Mynd44
[/quote]
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by LandMann: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
smiley
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Glink2018(m): 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
BDC is Fulani business...it can't be possible in the Fulani government....

The head of the Fulani government will announce the cancellation of the directives...

Emeifele is climbing a tree beyond it leaves...he will soon fall and retire back to his Nyamiri region.....

#we move
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by seunmsg(m): 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2021

He queried the reasons for governor scarcity of dollar in the land despite this massive disbursements to the BDC's

Unfortunately, the banks won’t do better. Nigerians irrespective of their education, social status, profession etc are inherently corrupt.

The banks that are now to take over the functions of the BDC are also heavily involved in round tripping the system and money laundering.

This decision will only lead to further depreciation of the Naira because banks will make things worse for everyone. The decision will never stop corruption and money laundering.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by OBALOLA55(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
Exponential101:

SEUN OAM4J LALASTICLALA MYND44 DOMINIQUE JUSTWISE

RULE #2

Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Curious345: 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
Then keep importing again sir
FEGNO:
In Nigeria a business investment made with your blood and sweat can evaporate in an eye blink. It has happened to me before. After exhausting million registering my own brand for syringes and importing a few containers, I still had a lot that had not come in when the Federal Government banned the importation of the regular syringe and instead declared that the auto break type syringe would henceforth be allowed. Not only was my licences less than 6 months but the company in China had my money and did not produce the auto destruct type syringe. To get my money back became a big problem. And the worst of all is that this policy never took off and after I had been effectively destroyed, the regular type syringe was allowed up till this day
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by Ruggedniggaone: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
seunmsg:

Unfortunately, the banks won’t do better. Nigerians irrespective of their education, social status, profession etc are inherently corrupt.

The banks that are now to take over the functions of the BDC are also heavily involved in round tripping the system and money laundering.

This decision will only lead to further depreciation of the Naira because banks will make things worse for everyone. The decision will never stop corruption and money laundering.
are you lamenting because your lazy alahji are about to become useless and jobless or you are lamenting because you really care about Nigeria wellbeing?anyway,give banks benefit of doubt.kepe akanmu
Re: Breaking news. CBN BANS BEARUE DE CHANGE BDC's with immediate effect by HeraldI: 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Yes, the resolution is positive and essential to our fiscal growth.
The way BDC operators whimsically hoard dollars unconscionably to later sell at higher rates needed to be checked
A welcome move by the CBN

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

EXPOSED - Corrupt Diezani Alison-madueke Fake "Cancer" Make-up To Evade arrest / An Igbo Man Who Attends Church Pastored By Yoruba Is An slowpoke -nnamdi Kanu / Pastor Who Used Human Beings To Do Foundation In Enugu Arrested (graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.