Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge (32088 Views)

Nigerian Who Posed As Football Fan Nabbed At UK Airport With Cocaine ‘worth £80k / How Police Sergeant’s ‘Accidental Discharge’ Killed Colleague While On Patrol / Lady Attacked & Robbed By One Chance Robbers In Abuja, Policeman Collects Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Mitsurugi(m): 7:55am On Jul 28, 2021
Kayberg:
May GOD save us from these Men In Black.
Justice must be served.
Your men shot an innocent person, and you still threaten to handcuff him? For what crime?

Nigeria is sure gone. A country without value for human life.

Bandits, terrorists, armed robbers, herdsmen, kidnappers, ritualists and even police now!?
Na wa o.
Now we can't even tell who is who again once they have that iron in their hands.

And this Police Report thing has to be reviewed because even the same police refused to give it.
Won't even this kind of case get frustrated in Nigeria Court?

They should sue the hospital first. There is a law outlawing the need for a police report. People don't remember but it was passed by Saraki's senate.

Compulsory Treatment and Care for Victims of Gunshot Act 2017

We are just plain ignorant as Nigerians. I'm just waiting for the first hospital this law will nab angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 28, 2021
If you doubt this report, mugu is better than you.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 28, 2021
Mitsurugi:

They should sue the hospital first. There is a law outlawing the need for a police report. People don't remember but it was passed by Saraki's senate.

Compulsory Treatment and Care for Victims of Gunshot Act 2017

We are just plain ignorant as Nigerians. I'm just waiting for the first hospital this law will nab angry

Has anyone made efforts to implement the law ?

State govt, local, federal, lawmakers, law breakers, citizens.

It doesn't concern anybody until it happens to their family member.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 28, 2021
You see those police men, i avoid them like a plague. If i go to sit out or watch football at a bar and i see a police man there, i will just reverese back.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by BarrElChapo(m): 8:19am On Jul 28, 2021
Oh God ! And the people there didn't pounce on the police officer.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Albertone(m): 8:22am On Jul 28, 2021
ebexofficial:
Both the hospital and the police station must answer for this careless incident.

Do you know that there is no where it is written in the Nigerian constitution that a police report must be brought before treating a gunshot victim?
Rather,it says while the victim is being treated,a representative of the hospital should report to a nearby police station within 2 hours of the victim's admission.

I don't blame the policeman,I blame their training and training instructors.

Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Teejay13(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2021
What a wicked world we live in today.

Emma I can't still believe your gone.

I remember the last time we were together and how you use to call me fresh boy.

You will forever remain in our heart.

Good bye my good friend, until we meet to part no more.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Mitsurugi(m): 8:29am On Jul 28, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Has anyone made efforts to implement the law ?

State govt, local, federal, lawmakers, law breakers, citizens.

It doesn't concern anybody until it happens to their family member.

My brother. Justice is expensive in this country undecided
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Simplythebest: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2021
Can u just imagine how the wasted the young innocent life for nothing. What a pity
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by CSTRR: 8:31am On Jul 28, 2021
When some people were fighting to end sars, so hopeless clowns were insulting the youths.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by orlaglobal234: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2021
What did you expect when you have bandit officers as police in a lawlessness country
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Anaerobi(m): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2021
embarassed embarassed

May Peace of mind be far from that Police Officer.

May Help be far from him

Wickedness to the core
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by tonididdy(m): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2021
Reason I dont go out...
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Kaybae(f): 8:52am On Jul 28, 2021
Same happened in oshogbo yesterday, they hit a bike man. Always tell people to avoid these animals in uniform, the bike man was trying to over take them. Imagine.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Ten06(m): 8:54am On Jul 28, 2021
With naija police there are one million ways to die carelessly
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by MansoryMX(m): 8:54am On Jul 28, 2021
A country gone with the wind

Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Segzy19: 8:55am On Jul 28, 2021
I guess it's time people started attacking hospitals that refused to treat gunshot victims...

At least give first aid treatment, while you notify police...
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by MansoryMX(m): 8:57am On Jul 28, 2021
CSTRR:
When some people were fighting to end sars, so hopeless clowns were insulting the youths.

One of the biggest mistake Nigerians made (especially our parents who sat at home like zombies and not join us) was not using end sars to their full advantage. We could have turned it into a full blooded revolution and dissolve this false marriage called One Nigeria!
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2021
Why I don't feel any sympathy when these foools are wasted in any way. The Nigerian system is devilish in more ways than one. How could supposed medical personnel see a dying man and decide they would not treat him because of some f**king police report?!
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Kayberg:
May GOD save us from these Men In Black.
Justice must be served.
Your men shot an innocent person, and you still threaten to handcuff him? For what crime?

Nigeria is sure gone. A country without value for human life.

Bandits, terrorists, armed robbers, herdsmen, kidnappers, ritualists and even police now!?
Na wa o.
Now we can't even tell who is who again once they have that iron in their hands.

And this Police Report thing has to be reviewed because even the same police refused to give it.
Won't even this kind of case get frustrated in Nigeria Court?

In places where sane people are more than animals when a person is shot or injured the first thing is to rush him to the nearest hospital. In Nigeria people are expected to first run to the police station manned by some half drunk, braindead dumbf**k to collect a report before heading to the hospital. What stops the police from posting at least one of their personnel to major hospitals, who will be informed whenever a gunshot victim is brought to such hospitals?. Nigeria is truly mad.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by iramure(m): 9:12am On Jul 28, 2021
dairykidd:

Not Africans but Nigerians. Some African countries actually function
you are very correct!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by pacespot(m): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2021
RIP. This is terrible sad

Even dying on the spot from gunshot is better than dying some days later from gunshot wound. I can only imagine the pains that this guy went through in those 8 days.

This issue of police report is becoming a menace in our society that these doctors need to get down from their high horses and stop this barbaric attitude. How can a police report be worth more than a human life you are about to save. Let's really be factual, how many doctors have gotten their licences revoked for treating gunshot victims without a police report in this country? They keep hammering on this police report thing and nobody knows the extent of penalty if they treat a patient without it. Is it not in the USA or Europe that you will see gunshot victims being rushed to the hospital and being attended to without any delay? A black man thing is always awkwardly different.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by CSTRR: 9:25am On Jul 28, 2021
MansoryMX:

One of the biggest mistake Nigerians made (especially our parents who sat at home like zombies and not join us) was not using end sars to their full advantage. We could have turned it into a full blooded revolution and dissolve this false marriage called One Nigeria!
You are on your own with that one.

I will never support bloody revolution.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by blackmaine: 9:31am On Jul 28, 2021
Then if someone revenge on this now, they will say it's IPOB , abeg UGM keep on killing them till they know how to respect human life
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by MOJ584(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2021
The peaceful or violent disintegration of Nigeria will reduce the power of Satan on earth by 50%. Know this and have peace!

If you wan argue, meet your village chief!!!
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Audukaya: 9:51am On Jul 28, 2021
grin[color=#990000][/color]happy trigger
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by MansoryMX(m): 10:10am On Jul 28, 2021
CSTRR:

You are on your own with that one.

I will never support bloody revolution.

It is the only way out of the mess we are all in. Police brutality is the least of our worries. Nigeria is under siege by Jihadist and we don’t just want to admit it until all the happening North start happening in urban region like Lagos, Onitsha, Portharcourt, Ibadan, Warri, Benin City.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by NaMe4: 10:24am On Jul 28, 2021
Calibrator:
Instead of losing lives unnecessarily over this police report. Why can't the policy be reviewed to "Hospital attend to the gunshot victim first and call the police themselves later before discharging the said victim"

A law has been passed to that effect.

At least the first facility would have offered first aid, then referred him to Gwagwalada (which seems to be the nearest state-owned tertiary facility).

Serious issues are never attended to in this country.
Only mundane things are always in national focus.
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by NaMe4: 10:25am On Jul 28, 2021
Calibrator:
Instead of losing lives unnecessarily over this police report. Why can't the policy be reviewed to "Hospital attend to the gunshot victim first and call the police themselves later before discharging the said victim"

Serious issues are never attended to in this country.
Only mundane things are always in national focus.

A law has been passed to that effect.

At least the first facility would have offered first aid, then referred him to Gwagwalada (which seems to be the nearest state-owned tertiary facility).
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by wallarwallar(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2021
I fear who no fear dis country . It shud be a criminal offence to call NIGERIA a country
Re: Abuja Policeman Guns Down Football Fan For Warning Against Accidental Discharge by Yankee101: 11:34am On Jul 28, 2021
With ipob killing them now, they want pity abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liberian Lady Almost Beaten To Death By Her Boyfriend (Disturbing Photos) / Bag Snatcher Nabbed In Ondo, Stripped Unclad / EFCC Arrests Kogi Candidate, Fraud Syndicate Members With ₦‎326m, $610,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.