Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) (14138 Views)

Okuama Community In Delta State Set Ablaze Days After Soldiers Were Killed / Soludo Launches Phone Lines For Anambra Residents To Report Insecurity / Buhari Endorses N30,000 New National Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by NOGRUDGES(m): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
When some one tells you that you enjoy water supply once a week.

Pipelines should start carry water up north.
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by alexpumpin: 2:17pm On Jul 28, 2021
post=104182074:

More sad news to the eyes of wailers..........
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are!?

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

More sad news to the eyes of wailers..........
All they love reading is about deaths and blood being sponsored by the evil politicians they worship.
Good news make them sick all day long.
What manner of people they are!

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

To the enemies of the country,
AKA : Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition,
The anointing wey all of us @[/color] carry,
No be una @$@^# mate!

No Cap!

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.
GOD BLESS [color=#006600]NIGERIA

Mr. Femi Adesina, i knew long before now you're the person masquerading as manna, grilling vultures here. Mark my words, you,your incompetent boss and all supporters of this evil government will never go unpunished.

1 Like

Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by Ziko1010: 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
mugu:
A better Nigeria all around is all we want and that is not too much to ask for.

God bless Niger State.
God bless Nigeria

We Rise.
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by pepetua(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
Here in Cotonou, it's 366 days constant in Year since 40 years of my resident here.
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by FamTomx2(m): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

Chai! Well written!!
Finish dem, Dem MANNA my mentor.
As you people always say , if the truth want to kill them, let them die.
I follow una Rise. grin

Who bi dis one again, who let the dog out!!!
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by Britishcoins(m): 2:41pm On Jul 28, 2021
My house is still at Chanchaga Area in Minna Niger state. The only thing I enjoyed during my stay was constant water supply...
Now I hate North and will only visit to see families and friends...

Minna bye
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by ictjobber: 2:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
i totally believe this
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by tiger28: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
Can Africans live alone without ANY Western aid?!?
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by Timmi: 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2021
foeedaba:
When the rest of the world have gone forward and are already trying out space exploration, we in Nigeria are still hoping for water supply LOL. And you wonder why they call us 4th world country.

Who space exploration helped? We move at our own pace as long as we keep moving, we are advancing. And that is what matters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by Timmi: 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2021
alexpumpin:

Mr. Femi Adesina, i knew long before now you're the person masquerading as manna, grilling vultures here. Mark my words, you,your incompetent boss and all supporters of this evil government will never go unpunished.

Empty barrel making noise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by merits(m): 3:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
donprinyo:
How can I get a low interest loan to move by business to the next level.
JAIZ BANK will give you zero loan interest and thank me later.is not about be a muslim bank, everybody are highly welcome.
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by Awoleesu(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
Their First Madam don sell her own water finish?
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by aBrokeRichDude: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2021
Why dis man color em face black ….
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by alexpumpin: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
We move
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by alexpumpin: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
Timmi:

Empty barrel making noise

Sooner or later, God will liberate you from the shackles of slavery and ass-liking, at the same time opened your eyes and medulla oblongata to differentiate between good and evil.

God that opened the eyes of mbaka,soyinka,obasanjo,jega,adeboye,oyedepo,Gumi,sultan, Northern elders forum and notable world democracy and see the devil incarnate parading himself as Nigeria messiah will see to you precarious situation
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by Rexnegro(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2021
donprinyo:
How can I get a low interest loan to move by business to the next level.
Try opay , download their app
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by TMwise1942: 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2021
danphy6x:
Niger State Government is set to connect 14,000 new water lines for supply of water which is expected to boost the revenue generating capacity of the state to between N120 and N150million monthly as soon as the new lines are connected which will all be metered.

The project documents were handed over to contractors and consultants that will handle the United State Agency International Development (USAID) sponsored project in the state.

The project according to the State Commissioner for Water Resources and Dam Development, Alhaji Yusuf Suleiman, is in two phases and are expected to be completed in a span of three month.

The first phase is the disconnection of 2,200 of service lines from the main ment that is, the tank that gives water to the reservoir which is being connected to service line, individual and company lines while the other phase will involve a complete laying of 9km new water pipes on the shiroro line.

On completion, the project would ensure that areas getting irregular water supply and those without would have constant supply while leakages of pipes would be entirely eliminated.

So far areas like Bosso Estate, Dusten Kuran Gwari and Hausa, Shanu Village, Okada Road, Gbaiko and Unguwan Rahma will begin to get regular supply as against once in a week that some of them are enjoying now.

How do they get there water, is it from that rock am seeing
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by donprinyo(m): 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
Rexnegro:

Try opay , download their app
Their rate is too high.
Re: Niger State Set To Connect 14,000 New Water Lines For Supply (Pictures) by Timmi: 8:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
alexpumpin:

Sooner or later, God will liberate you from the shackles of slavery and ass-liking, at the same time opened your eyes and medulla oblongata to differentiate between good and evil.

God that opened the eyes of mbaka,soyinka,obasanjo,jega,adeboye,oyedepo,Gumi,sultan, Northern elders forum and notable world democracy and see the devil incarnate parading himself as Nigeria messiah will see to you precarious situation

Still empty barrel making a barking noise. Kontinue

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Atiku, Tinubu Have No Chance - Arewa youths / Nigerians now resort to Faking Deaths To Get Pension Benefits - NPC / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.