Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention (1201 Views)

We Have Offered Consular Assistance To Nnamdi Kanu - UK High Commissioner (Video / DSS Stops Nnamdi Kanu From Signing Letter For UK Consular Assistance — Lawyer / Nnamdi Kanu: UK To Provide Consular Assistance To IPOB Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Here's the list of consular assistance the UK Government can offer Nnamdi Kanu but ironically the kind of assistance IPOB are hoping for is NOT on the list, Infact, The UK Government does not extend such assistance as seen in number 6 and 7.

Consular assistance is help and advice provided by the diplomatic agents of a country to citizens of that country who are living or traveling overseas.

The diplomats may be honorary consuls, or members of the country's diplomatic service.

Such assistance may take the form of:

1. provision of replacement travel documents

2. advice and support in the case of an accident, serious illness, or death

3. advice and support to victims of serious crime overseas, and arranging for next-of-kin to be informed

4. visitation contact with incarcerated nationals

5. liaison with local police officials in the case of nationals abducted or missing overseas

6. loans to distressed travellers

7. help during crises, such as civil unrest and natural disasters

8. facilitating the overseas payment of social welfare benefits

9. registering citizen births abroad

10. providing a list of local doctors and lawyers for medical and/or legal issues

11. supervising their flag vessels in foreign harbours

Such assistance commonly does not extend to:

1. storing luggage or valuables

2. Intervening in commercial disputes on behalf of their nationals

3. providing travel agency, banking, or postal services

4. money changing

5. translation and interpreting services

6. Legal advice or advocacy

7. negotiation of special treatment, bail, or early release from prison

8. criminal investigation

9. employment services

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/support-for-british-nationals-abroad-a-guide

Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by Smithkafors(m): 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
And I guess you didn't see no 10.
Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by KingOfAmebo(m): 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
Smithkafors:
And I guess you didn't see no 10.

Did you NOT see where they mentioned LOCAL on the list?..read again but slowly this time.

10. providing a list of local doctors and lawyers for medical and/or legal issues
Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by Pierocash(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
So you didn't see number 4,7,and 10?

Why do you think DSS refuse to produce him in court? They have no serious charge against Kanu and hence would be granted bail.

And because the consular assistance will never make the FG have that gut to flout the bail without releasing him,and by then number 1 consular assistance will be activated.

Kanu Don enter UK be that
Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by KingOfAmebo(m): 2:02pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pierocash:
So you didn't see number 4,7,and 10?

Why do you think DSS refuse to produce him in court? They have no serious charge against Kanu and hence would be granted bail.

And because the consular assistance will never make the FG have that gut to flout the bail without releasing him,and by then number 1 consular assistance will be activated.

Kanu Don enter UK be that

Is it that you have difficulty reading or you lack comprehension?

Read again...

4. visitation contact with incarcerated nationals.

How your understanding of "visitation contact" suddenly translate to returning him back to UK baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by Pierocash(m): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Is it that you have difficulty reading or you lack comprehension?

Read again...

4. visitation contact with incarcerated nationals.

How your understanding of "visitation contact" suddenly translate to returning him back to UK baffles me.
you are the one with comprehension issue. How does visitation in my comment translates to returning him back to UK?

A consular assistance which include that number 4 means what to you? To just visit him and look at his face ,and tell him "bye bye, we just came to visit you".

Receive sense
Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by Hyperchi(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pierocash:
you are the one with comprehension issue. How does visitation in my comment translates to returning him back to UK?

A consular assistance which include that number 4 means what to you? To just visit him and look at his face ,and tell him "bye bye, we just came to visit you".

Receive sense
no mind am, he think na to say bye bye. and the UK are not doing anything regarding it
Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by KingOfAmebo(m): 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pierocash:

Receive sense

Again you lack comprehension, If "visitation contact" means releasing him from custody after visit as your nonfunctional left brain tells you then why haven't the UK visited him in DSS custody and fly him straight to UK? or better still send Fighter jets to Abuja and "seize him" in commando style if DSS refuse to allow them access to him.

Bring ya head...

1 Like

Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by KingOfAmebo(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hyperchi:

no mind am, he think na to say bye bye. and the UK are not doing anything regarding it

Actually, UK is doing something by folding their arm while Nnamdi Kanu rots in jail...

na this Nnamdi Kanu case una go know say Nigeria na sovereign nation.

The only thing the UK can do is to plead on his behalf, they can't take him to UK by force (they know this) unlike you ignorant IPOB miscreants.

Sadly for you all, He won't be leaving the Zoo soon, he will probably spend the rest of his miserable life in the Zoo.

Keep ranting, report to ICC, Uk, US, NASA, Facebook, Twitter, FBI or BFI...Kanu ain't going no were.

1 Like

Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by Pierocash(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
Hyperchi:

and I repeat,you have brain tumour.

Did my comment says that they will bring him out and fly him to UK ? Ode

What is the assistance for? It is to facilitate his release if found innocent,and not incacerated.

But this dingbat is just scared already that he will be pulled out in commando style and put him in a private jet and fiam to UK ,arindin.

Did they uproot your brain during birth?

If I sound you ehn

Re: Here's The List Of Consular Assistance The UK Can Offer Nnamdi Kanu In Detention by Hyperchi(m): 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2021
Pierocash:
and I repeat,you have brain tumour.

Did my comment says that they will bring him out and fly him to UK ? Ode

What is the assistance for? It is to facilitate his release if found innocent,and not incacerated.

But this dingbat is just scared already that he will be pulled out in commando style and put him in a private jet and fiam to UK ,arindin.

Did they uproot your brain during birth?

If I sound you ehn
na wow the way u reach like u hit ur head for ground when u da small. insult just full ur brain, noting good is coming out of ur horse Ass mouth

(1) (Reply)

The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Killings In The South / Peter Gregory Obi And PDP August 9th 2021 Lies Exposed / Tax Collection :They Already Rigged Nigeria To Fail(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.