Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 (32974 Views)

Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Germany 92 - 99 / Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by sotall(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2021
How i woke up and decided to use this match to start my day

Yeye team

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by gat2so(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2021
This Nigeria team deserve massive flogging .... We easily threw away our 7 point leads in the 4th quarter... Same thing we did against the Germans by throwing aways 13 point leads in the 3rd quarter... we couldn't wine down time when leading ... Fu*k .... As is I used my hand spoiled my day .. imagine putting on the Generator for this kind rubbish

12 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by anigbajumo(m): 7:27am On Jul 31, 2021
Now we are out...

That's wat happened when u put Nepotism ahead of competency. we are just accusing Buhari of tribalism but we Nigerian will do worse if we are fortunate to be president. Imagine that Igbo coach pack all his brother for Nigeria basketball team... Rubbish, abeg if u quote me to say trash I go curse you..

Since blessing is out, I hope Ajuwon and Haruna Quadri will bring atleast bronze come home.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by WarriAproko: 7:27am On Jul 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

Really? A female?
How is that even possible?
not possible. In relay u choose ur best for 1st and last
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2021
ibukunmazada:

It was a mixed relay comprising of 2 males and 2 females. So we chose a female athlete for our last leg while other team used male as their last leg. That was why the last leg performance of the relay was awful.

I could see why they did that...the third leg ended up with a large enough gap...and for half of leg 4 we were in the lead....but then the men came up stronger in the end.

The idea was...get a large enough gap in the third leg for Ms George to have a good lead without doing the work. Sad it did not work that way

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Humanoid01(m): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2021
ibukunmazada:

It was a mixed relay comprising of 2 males and 2 females. So we chose a female athlete for our last leg while other team used male as their last leg. That was why the last leg performance of the relay was awful.
Oh! Terrible decision by the coach. No wonder they all went past her with ease.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Osanoghodua1: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2021
I thought the D'Tigar was good? How come they lost every game? Friendly nor be game

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by WarriAproko: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2021
anigbajumo:
Now we are out...

That's wat happened when u put Nepotism ahead of competency. we are just accusing Buhari of tribalism but we Nigerian will do worse if we are fortunate to be president. Imagine that Igbo coach pack all his brother for Nigeria basketball team... Rubbish, abeg if u quote me to say trash I go curse you..

Since blessing is out, I hope Ajuwon and Haruna Quadri will bring atleast bronze come home.
the are NBA stars for that matter
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by OPPPS: 7:28am On Jul 31, 2021
4tomandchi:
The Buhari syndrome of failure is spreading everywhere even our sports the suffer.

Which way Nigeria?
Wailing zombie. When the same Tigers defeated US in the pre tournament friendly. You were all shouting Igbo Amaka , since the team was dominated by Igbo. Confused Ipob

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Tonytonex(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2021
Foolish D-tigers . Foolish set of Nigerians players. Where are those fools that were making noise when they won friendlies?.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by aliyuthayo(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2021
The worst Olympic outing. Losing all there 3 matches, seriously it hurts.
I remember saying it when they beat US and Argentina, that I've not seen anything spectacular about this team, until the real test which is Olympic, now we all know what they are capable of.

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Kindfund: 7:31am On Jul 31, 2021
psalmylee:
where this mad man take see him own score
Bros be calming down. This from virtual
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Omolomo4eva(m): 7:32am On Jul 31, 2021
The guys that participated in the last Olympics are far better than these ones. Those ones even had a win against Croatia
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Millimann: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2021
anigbajumo:
Now we are out...

Coach is an American. They recognize the best.

Don't always rush to comment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Tonytonex(m): 7:33am On Jul 31, 2021
gat2so:
This Nigeria team deserve massive flogging .... We easily threw away our 7 point leads in the 4th quarter... Same thing we did against the Germans by throwing aways 13 point leads in the 3rd quarter... we couldn't wine down time when leading ... Fu*k .... As is I used my hand spoiled my day .. imagine putting on the Generator for this kind rubbish
it's very very sad and disappointing. I told someone here when they won friendlies. That they should not make noise about it. And he was calling me names. Cause I been no say this boys are fools
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Osanoghodua1: 7:33am On Jul 31, 2021
Nice acting, better luck next time.

2 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 31, 2021
anigbajumo:
Now we are out...

There is no nepotism (and no I am not IPOB or BMC or an Ibobohite...so don't go there)

Basketball is not popular in Nigeria. As a result the standard of our home based players is very poor. So, we choose from Nigerians born oversea...who may be playing in the US, but because their teams roster are too good...don't get enough playing time.

As a result we have a VERY limited talent pool to choose from.

Even if we had a team that reflected Nigeria's diversity, and was chosen 'on merit'...we would have still lost.

What we need to do now is do what the US did to get better in football...start from the grassroots, popularise the game among kids in the village and the city, build basketball courts all over and make basketballs accesible, build courts in schools and so on.

I know a fellow Nigerian who lives in Italy and who coaches youth basketball part time. The game popular there well well. Italy also has a brilliant basketball league which has attracted talent and expertise from the USA over the years, and does well at European and world level .We don't have that here.

9 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by arthurwillia(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

Really? A female?

It’s a mixed race
2 men and 2 women
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by arthurwillia(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2021
Beancounter94:

Strategy made some sense on paper....but in practice, did not work

True

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Millimann: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2021
Osanoghodua1:
The coach that did this selection should be fired, why pick only men from your ethic group? When there are other sound players? Investigation should be made if he was bribed.

This one again!!!

Coach is American.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Trojan8(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2021
sotall:
How i woke up and decided to use this match to start my day

Yeye team

As in. I watched that 4th quarter and I am still having headache

How do you lose a quarter that you need to tie or not lose by more than 4 points like that

Q4

Italy 24 Nigeria 8
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2021
Osanoghodua1:
The coach that did this selection should be fired, why pick only men from your ethic group? When there are other sound players? Investigation should be made if he was bribed.

Coach is American.

Plus we failed not because most of the players are Ibo or Yourba or Hausa or Fulani we failed because we don't have enough talent, and because we don't have enough good players, whatever the tribe....which happens because Basketball is not popular in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by fergie001: 7:36am On Jul 31, 2021
gat2so:
PHCN took the light whilst we were leading in the 3rd Q.... I said Generator...Never, not me.

I cannot be tempted to do what I did against the Germans...lailai

Sorry oooo cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by tay0: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2021
Very disappointing game. How can you throw points away in the 4th quater. Shitbull!!
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by felixnkubi: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2021
why are you people bringing tribalism into this this, y'all are no different than the white English racists who were attacking rashford and co....
stupid talk una just dey yarn

4 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

Really? A female?

He is talking about the new track event for the olympics..mixed relays...your normal 4 x 400 m relay with two males and two females on each team.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Tonytonex(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2021
aliyuthayo:
The worst Olympic outing. Losing all there 3 matches, seriously it hurts.
I remember saying it when they beat US and Argentina, that I've not seen anything spectacular about this team, until the real test which is Olympic, now we all know what they are capable of.
The same thing I said here and someone was calling me names.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Humanoid01(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2021
Beancounter94:

He is talking about the new track event for the olympics..mixed relays...your normal 4 x 400 m relay with two males and two females on each team.
Yeah, he already explained that. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by wesley80(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2021
Humanoid01:

Really? A female?
Did you watch the race with your eyes closed? The only way a man would be overtaken that fast is if he were running backwards. The race is called a "mixed" relay with 2 males and 2 females.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Humanoid01(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2021
arthurwillia:

It’s a mixed race 2 men and 2 women
Okay! thanks.
Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Millimann: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2021
Beancounter94:

There is no nepotism (and no I am not IPOB or BMC or an Ibobohite...so don't go there)

Basketball is not popular in Nigeria. As a result the standard of our home based players is very poor. So, we choose from Nigerians born oversea...who may be playing in the US, but because their teams roster are too good...don't get enough playing time.

As a result we have a VERY limited talent pool to choose from.

Even if we had a team that reflected Nigeria's diversity, and was chosen 'on merit'...we would have still lost.

What we need to do now is do what the US did to get better in football...start from the grassroots, popularise the game among kids in the village and the city, build basketball courts all over and make basketballs accesible, build courts in schools and so on.

I know a fellow Nigerian who lives in Italy and who coaches youth basketball part time. The game popular there well well. Italy also has a brilliant basketball league which has attracted talent and expertise from the USA over the years, and does well at European and world level .We don't have that here.

Here is a Nigerian that is brilliant. Not all those shouting nepotism.

This team is the best we can assemble. Any other "mixed" team will perform far worse than this.

4 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Male Basketball: Nigeria Loses To Italy 71 - 80 by Humanoid01(m): 7:39am On Jul 31, 2021
wesley80:

Did you watch the race with your eyes closed? The only way a man would be overtaken that fast is if he were running backwards. The race is called a "mixed" relay with 2 males and 2 females.
Got it!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

"My Hip Was Killing Me" - Andy Murray Reveals Cruel Moment He Knew It Was Over! / Official: Watford Sign Samuel Kalu / Barcelona Holds Joint Victory Parade To Celebrate Men And Women's League Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.