Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,496 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Does Using 2 O'level Results Reduce Ones Opportunity Of Securing A Job. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does Using 2 O'level Results Reduce Ones Opportunity Of Securing A Job. (241 Views)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / I Regret Laminating My O'level Original Certificate. / Between My Two O'level Results. Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Using 2 O'level Results Reduce Ones Opportunity Of Securing A Job. by oluwafemiabioye(f): 9:52pm On Jul 28, 2021
Sometimes I don't know what to think of the job market, I remember when writing my SSCE exam and most of my mates where cheating in the exam hall but I refused to, not because I was the best in the class but because of my conviction about exam malpractice.

When the result came out I didn't do so badly, but I had some few lapses with English in WAEC which my NECO made up for, i also had lapses with chemistry in NECO which could be made up for by combining my WAEC and NECO results so I was still okay but not really satisfied.

The following year I decided to write external GCE and also applied for police academy which was the first sets of intake. I wrote all my WAEC exams very well including furthermaths, except for mathematics which was scheduled for the same day as the police academy exam and kind of almost the same time. I did my best wrote a little of the WAEC Essay paper with the hope that I can quickly go to the location of the police academy exam and still write that before coming back for my paper 2 objective. The planning of the police academy exam was not so organized that year to cut the long story short I missed my paper 2. Because I arrived the venue when the exam was finished, I begged the invigilator to pls just give me 30min he refused.

As God will have it I got admission that year to study mathematics in a Federal University which was possible with my combined result but was not admitted into the police academy despite I know I couldn't have failed the exam because I have seen every single one of the questions before from NDA regular intake exam the year before.

Now few years down the line I am regretting my decision of not writing my WAEC completely because it seems most employers prefer people with a single O'Level result.

I will advice any young person writing WAEC or NECO to please focus on it and get their papers in one seating, you might not know it's importance now until you get to the labour market but please don't partake in malpractice I don't regret that decision, I can boldly say that all certificates I have ever acquired I acquired with my head.

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy For The Of Adminstrative Assistant / Vacancy - Online Job / Vacancy For HR Assistant (FEMALE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.