Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn (20868 Views)

7 Things You Should Learn To Do In Your 20s To Avoid Regrets In Your Later Life / 8 Social Media Etiquette You Should Learn / 4 Things You Should Learn To Avoid About Women, If You Want To Live Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 29, 2021
In the last 10 years or so, social media has exploded so much that it now boast of billions of users across different platforms all over the world. Accepted and used by both the old and young, individuals, organisations, governments etc to either connect, meet new people, relay messages, make announcements and for marketing purposes etc.

However as everything good comes with it’s own bad sides, it has also been misused for different evil purposes like scam, spreading fake news, spamming personal accounts and several annoying and unethical behaviours. Let’s take a look at some of those unethical acts;

1. Do Not Add Anyone To A WhatsApp Group Without Permission

It is very annoying when you pick up your phone and discover you are part of a WhatsApp group that you know nothing about and suddenly there is a million unread messages and thousands more incoming, making your phone bip non stop. Very annoying!

2. Check For Grammatical Errors Before Posting

This one is a mistake and it’s very common and I must say, mostly its unintentional. Sometimes you just miss the spelling or type in the wrong letter and we are all guilty one way or the other. However read through your post once more before posting to reduce the possibility of the errors as sometimes the errors could be funny and call for sacarsm or mockery, making readers forget or overlook the massage intended.

3. Respect Opinions And Avoid Cyberbullying

So someone posts the way they feel about a subject matter or just a random thought and everyone comes down on him/her reigning abuses and all manner of derogatory comments just to prove a point. Celebrities are often on the receiving end of this. Even if the post is wrong or insensitive, an articulated comment to point the person to the flaws in their logic would be better than just throwing insults around the internet.

4. Mind Your Comments And Posts

What people do not realise is that the internet never forgets, even after deleting your posts or comments the traces and screenshots still lingers. Avoid posting and commenting when you are drunk, down or depressed. Think your posts and comments through before posting, it may be used against you in the future.

5. Avoid Over Sharing And Posting

You are bathing, you post. You are eating, you post. You are having family issues, you post. You get a new job, you post. You got a new deal, offer, plan, idea or project, you post. While social media is a place to make friends and catch fun, over sharing and being too open about your life and plans can be counter productive and encourage more Cyberbullying. Posting too frequently is literally annoying.

6. Don’t Tag Someone On A Post/Photo Without Asking

Who else is annoyed when they log in to find that they have been tagged on a post or photo they don’t want to be part of or have no connection with whatsoever. Before tagging someone on a post or photo that could become controversial, do ask for their permission to do so, its simple.

7. Avoid Overusing Hashtags

When we tweet, we want it to get as much exposure as possible, therefore we use Trending hashtags to promote that. The more exposure, the more interaction and retweet, consequently more exposure. However combining all the trending hashtags on twitter just to promote your tweet makes it all mushy, annoying, untidy and overwhelming. Which then becomes counterproductive to your account.

8. Avoid Fake News, Indiscriminate Broadcasting, Asking For Reshare And Blackmail

Social media is a powerful platform and can be used to rapidly share news facts and important information. However formulating fake news for mischief purposes is unacceptable, Untop of that you ask people to re-share it so it can spread further. Someone sits back to construct some religious article or prayer, broadcast to all their contact asking them to re-share to 10 persons or suffer an evil fate. That is the height of annoyance.

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2020/10/17/8-social-media-etiquette-you-should-learn/

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by justdogitto: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
embarassed
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Kennyking1234: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
D
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by slawormiir: 12:23pm On Jul 29, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright......

Real niggarrrrs, bombers and keyboard warriors don't do any of these because they hardly log in to their own personal social network account.

I can't remember when last I logged into my Facebook account

A real niggarrr is always on wechat bombing....even the three WhatsApp account on my phone are Italian, America and Chinese number

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by paulshedrach31(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
True
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Bukasint(f): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
binarymachine:

Source: https://flipmemes.com/2020/10/17/8-social-media-etiquette-you-should-learn/

Pls how do you know a guy has big Gbola without him showing you. Is there anyway to confirm it?...pls guys i need your response. Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by osamz007: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021

1 Like

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by staphcures: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Good information
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
K.
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Daniel058(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Nice
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Zeuslord(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
hmmm
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Valyrian: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Normal now.
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by dann190: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Beface(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
I remember falling victim of cyber bullying from a lady of recent, I was force to come out from my shell and bully her back, the lady come dey form heart break and her brain reset to factory mode and she gave me back my deserved respect.

9 Likes

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by FineUsername(m): 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2021
If all the listed are followed, how dem go take catch cruise? grin

Nice one. cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by DankemzI(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Incredible �
Fake news will destroy Nigeria, our politicians needs to mind their sectional utterances

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by ogashman(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Always reply ur messages

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Ololanla: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Nice write up
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by hectorr(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ok
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Turn off toxic notifications live for peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by justdogitto: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Mind your own business is the most important social media etiquette everyone should learn

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Oyiboman69: 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ok
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
You are right
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Seniorwriter(m): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Etiquettes?
I'm not sure there can be any found laid down procedure for faceless forums...even those with identity management have to always enforce their Ts & Cs which were clicked as agreement by users.
@OP the Social Media are free fall platforms ! Just be guided not to get affected mentally & emotionally!

@SENIORWRITER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by McOluOmo: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Number 6 is soo annoying eeh, if you tagg me it must be reviewed by me 4 approval

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by bmdmix6: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
lame, not any one know what to write.

ask someone if u can tag them b4 tagging.
does that even make sense

so if am to add 300 people will ask all first undecided

chk grammar? because i be cnn

the one lai mohhamed they post here n there u dey agree to every thing?

its online u are there to post ur mind not mind it

i go post n share what i like how e take b ur wahala, u now are u minding ur business?

so if theres a competition n am. to hastag alot of peep i wont do it because u said so shey.

avoid fake news is the only sensible thing here the rest nah nonsense

HELLO, ARE YOU INTO MUSIC? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Pele10: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
He who has ear let him hear
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Monzuur(m): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
My space
Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Weedhustler: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Always be polite when a nigga ask for ur phone number....stop forming hard to get, cause a real nigga can go any length to get u n still dump ur ass!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by Menakih: 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Wow

Re: 8 Social Media Etiquettes Everyone Should Learn by wellmax(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2021
9. When writing a story, write in good and proper English. Stop beginning with ''please don't mind my errors''

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Mobile Antivirus Is The Best / Can Two Phones Have The Same IMEI Nunber? / The Galaxy F, Samsung Foldable Device

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.