Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,478 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional (2283 Views)

Medina Vs Jerusalem — Religious Tension Brews Over Renaming Of Oyo Community / Nigeria, 5 Other West African Countries Condemn Renaming Of CFA Franc To ECO / June 12: Tinubu, Fayemi Rejected Renaming Of UNILAG After Abiola (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Ikwerreland: 8:22am On Jul 29, 2021
I hope this gets to the moderators of this great forum. We Rivers people are very sad about this recent development.

In Rivers State, we don't have Obigbo, what we have is Oyigbo Local Government. It is very annoying to see Oyigbo renamed to Obigbo on post moved to front page by the moderators.

We Rivers people want to believe, this is a mistake and not a deliberate act from the moderators.

I know I am not the only one who have noticed this error. The moderators should please correct this, it is very sad and unprofessional.

Below is a link to a post that made front page with Oyigbo renamed to Obigbo.

Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Obigbo (Video)

https://www.nairaland.com/6673599/buhari-completes-10-lane-superhighway-linking

Please correct this as fast as possible.

Our identity is our pride. There is no Rivers State or Nigeria government document that recognise Obigbo Local Govt. What we have is Oyigbo Local Govt in Rivers State.

I wonder why it will be different on a popular forum like Nairaland.

Thank you very much.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Monogamy: 8:27am On Jul 29, 2021
Well,that would be very hard for mods to spot all the time

The real Nigerians know there is nothing like Obigbo but Oyigbo

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by FakeUnity: 8:42am On Jul 29, 2021
You are deceiving yourself. We will continue to call it by its Godgiven name- Obigbo not the Aboki-given renaming. More pains to you my brother. grin grin

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by muykem: 8:42am On Jul 29, 2021
Mods should ban anyone attempting this nonsense going forward. There should be a decorum in nairaland. Oyigbo is the name.
Cc lala, seun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by flamingREED(m): 8:45am On Jul 29, 2021
You're trying to reverse psychologies.
All the same, Obigbo I know; Oyigbo, I know not.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Seerade029: 8:47am On Jul 29, 2021
Ikwerreland:
I hope this gets to the moderators of this great forum. We Rivers people are very sad about this recent development.

In Rivers State, we don't have Obigbo, what we have is Oyigbo Local Government. It is very annoying to see Oyigbo renamed to Obigbo on post moved to front page by the moderators.

We Rivers people want to believe, this is a mistake and not a deliberate act from the moderators.

I know I am not the only one who have noticed this error. The moderators should please correct this, it is very sad and unprofessional.

Buhari Completes The 10-Lane Superhighway Linking Port Harcourt & Obigbo (Video)

Our identity is our pride. There is no Rivers State or Nigeria government document that recognise Obigbo Local Govt. What we have is Oyigbo Local Govt in Rivers State.

Thank you very much.

You made a mistake.
Its not the duty of the mods, its the duty of Nairalanders that created and edit the topic.

The topic of the thread is Oyigbo
While the author typed Obigbo inside the content.
How's it the mods fault?

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Tranquillity360: 8:58am On Jul 29, 2021
Obigbo i know.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by chrisxxx(m): 9:07am On Jul 29, 2021
It is the handiwork of the Fulani haters but Fulani-like Igbos. That was how they forcefully renamed our Communities from Rumu to Umu before the war. Now they claim we changed names after the war.
The funny part of this all is that Oyigbo people are saying our name is Oyigbo. Settlers who bought land there are saying your name is Obigbo. Which kind of people are these?
We will start looking at Deeds of Conveyance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Dovegrey: 9:09am On Jul 29, 2021
Afonja you should be more worried about IIorin which you have lost forever.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by UselessBuhari: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2021
When you are in a bus stop in PH, where do you tell them you are going to, Oyigbo or Obigbo?
When the canvassers are looking for passengers, what do they scream, Oyigbo or Obigbo?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Oharina(m): 9:13am On Jul 29, 2021
One of the oldest shell's oil well sign board in Location road still has the name Obigbo written on it. Even indigenous Ndoki in Oyigbo LGA calls it Obigbo. So @op what da furk are u talking about?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Captain8(m): 9:15am On Jul 29, 2021
nairaland should abide by truth and justice.... nairaland should stand it ground as profession and not to fall on political thugs or landgrabbers to pressure on bending and twisting oyigbo to obigbo.....
my advice to nairaland is to correct it to oyigbo whenever the thugs put it obigbo....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 29, 2021
OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO OBIGBO
Na de name way Conductors de call amm
And we way be passengers still use to call amm OBIGBO

29 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Madmohamed1: 9:18am On Jul 29, 2021
Ikwerreland:

Thank you very much.

your from ikwere not obigbo. Maind your business people from obigbo never complain about it they even say there is nothing like oyigbo what is oyigbo.

18 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Oharina(m): 9:28am On Jul 29, 2021
UselessBuhari:
When you are in a bus stop in PH, where do you tell them you are going to, Oyigbo or Obigbo?
When the canvassers are looking for passengers, what do they scream, Oyigbo or Obigbo?
Answer is OBIGBO

20 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by BKayy: 9:31am On Jul 29, 2021
Of what business is the name of an Igbo community to a Bini-Ikwerre man.
Oga what concerns you with another ethnic groups name?
Busy body. Instead of you to focus on your Itsekiri ex slave masters that want to reown you Ikwerre people in this 21st century, you are here poking nose into Igbo affairs

20 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by theTranscriber: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2021
They can't try that shit in the West

Igbos like bullying their smaller neighbours

Anyone that they can't bully they will brand them"Fulani slave"
That's what they are doing to Edo and Ijaw
BKayy:

Igbo can't "bully" Ẹdo and Ijaw?
First of all, Ndigbo don't bully anybody that's why unlike you people our history is not littered with conquests of neighbouring group.
As for the two you mentioned (Edo and Ijaw), they are the ones that brought out the Igbo bad side on themselves and trust me, it will continue to grow. They don't know what they started.
Speaking of a fly that challenged an Eagle. It is becoming clear that they will be the ones to pay for all Nigeria has done to Ndigbo - Fact
They forget they are closer than the Fulani doing the mess
nonsense
The conquests were necessary
That was in the past
You conquer or you be conquered

It's not Yoruba fault that your ascestors were too cowardly to spread out

This is modern times

I trust Ijaw
Dem go show una pepper
Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Dreambeat: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2021
chrisxxx:
It is the handiwork of the Fulani haters but Fulani-like Igbos. That was how they forcefully renamed our Communities from Rumu to Umu before the war. Now they claim we changed names of the war.
The funny part of this all is that Oyigbo people are saying our name is Oyigbo. Settlers who bought land there are saying your name is Obigbo. Which kind of people are these?
Keep deceiving yourself and your likes. The truth will always remain the same no matter how much effort you make at twisting it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by BKayy: 9:40am On Jul 29, 2021
theTranscriber:
They can't try that shit in the West

Igbos like bullying their smaller neighbours

Anyone that they can't bully they will brand them"Fulani slave"
That's what they are doing to Edo and Ijaw
First of all, Ndigbo don't bully anybody that's why unlike you people our history is not littered with conquests of neighbouring group.
As for the two you mentioned (Edo and Ijaw), they are the ones that brought out the Igbo bad side on themselves and trust me, it will continue to grow. They don't know what they started.
Speaking of a fly that challenged an Eagle. It is becoming clear that they will be the ones to pay for all Nigeria has done to Ndigbo - Fact
Ijaw and Edo are officially the scape goats of Nigeria frustrations on Ndigbo

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Coldie(m): 9:42am On Jul 29, 2021
If u like rename it okigbo or okukuigbo.

That doesn't change the fact that Obigbo is igbo land, kill yourself.

Obigbo people have been suffering marginalization from rivers state for years just because of their igboness, no road, no government presence, no nothing they kept quiet and endured it now that federal government has remembered them, una want claim them

15 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by OfoIgbo: 9:45am On Jul 29, 2021
Monogamy:
Well,that would be very hard for mods to spot all the time

The real Nigerians know there is nothing like Obigbo but Oyigbo

And the real Obigbo people know that there is nothing like Oyigbo but Obigbo

13 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by theTranscriber: 9:45am On Jul 29, 2021
BKayy:

nonsense
That was in the past

This is modern times

I trust Ijaw
Dem go show una pepper
Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by overall90: 9:46am On Jul 29, 2021
Wetin concern ikwerre with obigbo.
I am yet to see one Obigbo person who says he is from oyigbo and not Obigbo.
And even at that, it's the local government that is fraudulently called oyigbo.the town itself have remained Obigbo.

12 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by OfoIgbo: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2021
chrisxxx:
It is the handiwork of the Fulani haters but Fulani-like Igbos. That was how they forcefully renamed our Communities from Rumu to Umu before the war. Now they claim we changed names of the war.

What about their Eze (which happens to be an Igbo traditional title)? Ask their Igwe what Oyigbo means. He will use Oyigbo so that he is not victimised, but ask him what Oyigbo means

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by fairwayboy: 9:50am On Jul 29, 2021
Continue to deceive yourself, Oyigbo is nt your land thieves
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Whiteangel1234: 9:51am On Jul 29, 2021
ikwere face your local government Aturu hausa .. its Obigbo from now until thy kingdom come

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Monogamy: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2021
OfoIgbo:

And the real Obigbo people know that there is nothing like Oyigbo but Obigbo

Is there anything like Obigbo in the Nigeria
map?
Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by gidgiddy: 10:06am On Jul 29, 2021
Ikwerreland:

Thank you very much.

You better go back into history. There was nothing called "Oyigbo" until 1976 when "Obigbo" was carved out of Imo state, put in Rivers state the renamed "Oyigbo"

Obigbo is the ancestral name of the place, Oyigbo is an imposed name

15 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Skyfornia(m): 10:09am On Jul 29, 2021
This one pain OP...I feel for you

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by BKayy: 10:11am On Jul 29, 2021
theTranscriber:
nonsense
That was in the past

This is modern times

I trust Ijaw
Dem go show una pepper
Afonja syndrome. Always pushing others to their doom.
Why not you people showing us pepper.
Well it won't be long

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by Kingosytex(m): 10:12am On Jul 29, 2021
FakeUnity:
You are deceiving yourself. We will continue to call it by its Godgiven name not the Aboki-given renaming.

Let's pepper them.

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Stop Renaming Oyigbo To Obigbo In Rivers State, It Is Unprofessional by FreeIgbos: 10:16am On Jul 29, 2021
Ikwerreland:
[s]I hope this gets to the moderators of this great forum. We Rivers people are very sad about this recent development.

Thank you very much.

[/s]

Look at this identity-less ikwerre saying rubbish about a place he has no business with. Obigbo people are proud Igbo people of Asa/Ndoki stock. They are not timid or suffering from inferiority complex like you guys.

Everyone still refer it to Obigbo both in nairaland and in Obigbo itself! Oyigbo or whatever nonsense you call it has no meaning in their native dialect so why would they use the fake nomenclature you tribeless people foisted on them?

Get lost, ohu ndi Bini.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Criminals Are Breaking The Walkway Slabs From Volks To Underbridge / Picture Of The Day. PMB. / Appeal To Igbos On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.