Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos (390 Views)

My Friend Found This On His Land, Do You Know The Worth? / The House Where An Agent Took My Friend To In Lagos (Photo) / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Ninobraw(m): 6:11am On Jul 30, 2021
Let Me short the story, a friend of mine who stay in Italy
the guy is from Benin and he lives in Benin all his life, before he travels to Italy to start up a life.
his sister relocated to Lagos, her sister persuaded him to buy land in Lagos, so the guy bought a land, recently in Lagos epe precisely and intend to start building very soon,, so i just wanted to know if there will be any other payment outside the one he made when buying the land. Somebody told him that as far as he has paid for the land already he can start building without any problem so I don't know how true it, i wanted to find out if there will be any issues regarding settling the youth and all that or agberu, or omonile or what ever, he ask me to help him fine out if he can start building on it since he has paid for the land, please I need ideal from those who bought land in Lagos what re the stress involved
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by dingbang(m): 6:12am On Jul 30, 2021
I am one of the agberos. You must settle me
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by tayebest(m): 6:17am On Jul 30, 2021
Do the CofO and start the building, but it at the back of your mind that there are still alot of money to be paid.

Na Agbero cash out point be that grin
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Chris525: 6:20am On Jul 30, 2021
Unless the land is in an estate, he’ll have to settle the landowners before he starts and during the process of building. The major settlements are during foundation, decking and roofing but these sums are not so much.

Your friend has never been to Lagos, I hope he understands that Epe is far from main Lagos and most of it is a rural area at this time.
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Chris525: 6:21am On Jul 30, 2021
You think CofO is like lab test right? Lol

tayebest:
Do the CofO and start the building, but it at the back of your mind that there are still alot of money to be paid.

Na Agbero cash out point be that grin
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by dopedealer(m): 6:46am On Jul 30, 2021
Well, I hope he has done the survey plan of the land at the surveyor general's office , or atleast change the survey plan to his name as the new owner and he also confirmed from ministry of land with the previous survey plan ( before he bought the land ) that it is not under government acquisition. After this , he can push for the title of the land , which is not alwys be easy . He can start building jarey, just have some reasonable cash down for dem Tinubu brothers , ure good to go.
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Skyfornia(m): 7:06am On Jul 30, 2021
Let him start building first...he will sort other things out as the building progresses

If he is afraid and waiting to get all the approvals before starting his building..he will grow old.

The same thing applies to starting a business...I have a fried who was contemplating a business cause he was afraid of the local government levies and taxes, I advised him to start first, when the levies start coming, he will sort them out...he listened and today the guy owns more than two shops.
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Ninobraw(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2021
Chris525:

You think CofO is like lab test right? Lol

C of o will cost 1m plus in Lagos to do
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Donsabione: 8:50am On Jul 30, 2021
Your friend is a very funny human being he lives in Benin all his life travel abroad and went to buy land in Lagos just to be a land owner like hyping I have property in Lagos. Later you will buy that same land again you never see Lagos wahala
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Donsabione: 8:52am On Jul 30, 2021
Having a property in Lagos is not really funny it is not easy especially the fact that you don't stay in Nigeria you will spend a lot the total money that would have gotten you a good house in another state might hook u in widow level in lagos after paying tinibu boys and traditional rulers
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Donsabione: 8:53am On Jul 30, 2021
For now nobody will disturb you just go and start first and see you spending all the money you should have used to complete that, u wll spend it in settlement here and there, if you stay in Lagos it would have be better, epe of all places where far from Lagos
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Donsabione: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2021
Don't start tha yet if you are not ready to start spending unnecessary money in different corners trying to settle the youth the traditional rulers and the government there's no way you can escape all this and it will cost you nothing less than 1 million to do all this first.

Go and surveys to see if someone else temper with the land in the past. You don't just buy property in Lagos when you re a struggling guy
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by dgitrader(m): 8:59am On Jul 30, 2021
Ninobraw:
Let Me short the story, a friend of mine who stay in Italy
the guy is from Benin and he lives in Benin all his life, before he travels to Italy to start up a life.
his sister relocated to Lagos, her sister persuaded him to buy land in Lagos, so the guy bought a land, recently in Lagos epe precisely and intend to start building very soon,, so i just wanted to know if there will be any other payment outside the one he made when buying the land. Somebody told him that as far as he has paid for the land already he can start building without any problem so I don't know how true it, i wanted to find out if there will be any issues regarding settling the youth and all that or agberu, or omonile or what ever, he ask me to help him fine out if he can start building on it since he has paid for the land, please I need ideal from those who bought land in Lagos what re the stress involved

is the land within an estate land?
what are the titles on the land
has he done the survey
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Donsabione: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2021
My elder brother who lives in America started his project in Lagos 2010, finish it 2019 because of different problem different spending during foundation he settled during meta-level he settled during nitel level he also settled, during roofing he settled during plastering he settled and
later just abandon the property like that and started a fresh one in abia state he has finished it totally. He finished it within 6 months. The reason why there's enough spending in Lagos is because most of the youth are lazy to work they just depend on you that want to come and invest to feed them.
Re: Help Please My Friend Bought A Land In Lagos by Ernerstdavid55(m): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2021
Try build nd rent it out..rent in epe now is fire o am talking from experience.i live dre

(1) (Reply)

Price Of 1&2 Bedroom Flats All Over 36 States Of Nigeria / Gas Plant For Lease / Very Affordable Estate Plots For Sale In Highbrow Katampe Extension.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.