Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,391 members, 7,958,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:04 AM

Good News For Teachers! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Good News For Teachers! (576 Views)

President Buhari Okays 65-year Retirement Age For Teachers / Automated Excel Based Broadsheets created For Teachers by a Teacher / Is It Legal For Teachers To Flog Students In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good News For Teachers! by TundeRotimi: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2021
Teachers are some of the most remarkable human beings we have around. Just take a moment to think about it - Will there be Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants, or even astronauts. Without Teachers, it would be a very bland world.

It is also worth knowing that times have changed a lot. Covid-19 has drastically affected everything, including the way we receive our education. This evolution has accelerated the growth of the EdTech industry.

EdTech - Education, and Technology - using technology to improve traditional education. A basic example is the use of Zoom for online classes, which took learning beyond the four walls of the school and made it easy for students and teachers alike to receive and give lectures from the comfort of their houses.

While online classes are not that new, the pandemic accelerated the growth of this sector. Without a doubt, EdTech is the present and future of education.

One crucial point is that most teachers are well equipped to teach and educated, but not many are prepared to use technology to facilitate the educational process. People might ask, why am I writing this? As an educator, myself and I have seen talented educators/teacher being left behind because they could not stay abreast of happenings and innovations. This is rather disheartening. For instance, I know an excellent tutor, who couldn’t use Zoom during the lockdown, yet he complained about how tough things were. My thought was, Mr. Man, the solution is right there in your hands - Your phone can do wonders, and most of these students are already on Zoom anyway.

I have some good news, and that is the main reason I am writing this epistle. Just this past week, I discovered a gold mine of information which I feel is what sharing. It was loaded with information targeted at educators. This includes up-to-date news, relevant tools needed to be a 21st-century educator, and lots more. I was amazed at this initiative.

It is a newsletter compiled by the good people at Data Science Nigeria. It is published weekly to educate and inform teachers about the most recent technologies affecting the education and EdTech industries. I consider this the best way to get updated and sharpening your skills as an educator. Within 5 minutes, you know the latest news and tools used in education and EdTech and all the information in and around the education and EdTech sectors.

You can join thousands of winning teachers/Educators today just by subscribing to their mailing list.

Subscribe here

(1) (Reply)

Educators Pls Help Me Lemme Know My Stand ^_^ / Nigerian Genius Competition / NECO Releases 2022/2023 SSCE Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.