Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

The Blood Of Jesus Christ - Misunderstood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Blood Of Jesus Christ - Misunderstood (698 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus. / So There Is A Street In Lagos Called Blood Of Jesus Street?! (see Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Blood Of Jesus Christ - Misunderstood by yommyuk: 8:40am On May 15, 2011
In the book of Exodus 12 in the OT we read about a major festival - "The Passover". This festival is still ongoing and is very relevant to the live of a christian. There is a misunderstanding about the concept because a lot of people including the Jews associated it with political independence or in extreme cases "Canibalism" grin. Wrong! A key reason why the religious leaders of Jesus time on earth failed to recognise "the Messiah", God in flesh that came down from heaven and dwelt among them.

What was/is the purpose of the Passover. Why did God command that it must be celebrated year on year?

Deliverance from death!

Israel's main enemy was not bondage to Egypt but bondage to death, as it is for all people including Christians. The most fundamental problem facing humans is not political or physical(what we can see) but spiritual. Of course, only the death of the firstborn was prevented in Egypt. So was death really conquered? Furthermore, why did the passover require that the Israelites apply blood to their doorpost? Remember out of all the plagues that God inflicted on Egypt, this was the only time the Israelites were required to perform this ritual escape. Why was it not required in any of the other plagues?

These questions highlight the significance of Jesus Christ death and resurrection as associated with the passover season. Death is the effect of sin.

1 Cor 15:56
For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power. But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ ----->>>> Amen

What the passover shows us is that we can be delivered from death only by means of a sacrifice that takes our place. The passover lamb took the place of the firstborn son of every family of Israel. It is the passover that symbolizes the reality that would come later in Jesus Christ, who gave his life as "a ransom for many" (Matt 20:28; Mark 10:45) and became "the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29)

Jesus said to his disciples, "This is my blood, which confirms the covenant,  It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many (Matt 26;28)

What was Christ revealing to the disciples and us  by saying the above?

He brings into reality the truths that were first symbolized in the Passover celebration. Thru his sacrifice, sin and death were fully and finally defeated.

CONCLUSION

With a clear conscience I truthfully declare, without Christ in ones life, that life is damned forever. Such person is in spiritual darkeness.

Isaiah 25:7-8

There he will remove the cloud of gloom, the shadow of death that hangs over the earth. He will will swallow up death forever! The Sovereign Lord will wipe away all tears. He will remove forever all insults and mockery against his land and people. The Lord has spoken!

Who has spoken? The Lord who made heaven and earth. Let him who has ears and eyes, hear and see.

God bless wink
Re: The Blood Of Jesus Christ - Misunderstood by Sweetnecta: 12:18pm On May 15, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^
[Quote]« on: Today at 08:40:18 AM »

In the book of Exodus 12 in the OT we read about a major festival - "The Passover". This festival is still ongoing and is very relevant to the live of a christian. There is a misunderstanding about the concept because a lot of people including the Jews associated it with political independence or in extreme cases "Canibalism" Grin. Wrong! A key reason why the religious leaders of Jesus time on earth failed to recognise "the Messiah", God in flesh that came down from heaven and dwelt among them.[/Quote]If the Jews in UK ever identify you, they will make your christian life miserable just because of the first bold. Even me, a muslim knows that there is no truth to the first bold.
As to the second bold, the messiah simply means the anointed. was Jesus the only anointed?

[Quote]What was/is the purpose of the Passover. Why did God command that it must be celebrated year on year?[/Quote]is this a true statement and can you support your claim of 'annual' celebration with a verse?

[Quote]Deliverance from death!

Israel's main enemy was not bondage to Egypt but bondage to death, as it is for all people including Christians. The most fundamental problem facing humans is not political or physical(what we can see) but spiritual. Of course, only the death of the firstborn was prevented in Egypt. So was death really conquered? Furthermore, why did the passover require that the Israelites apply blood to their doorpost? Remember out of all the plagues that God inflicted on Egypt, this was the only time the Israelites were required to perform this ritual escape. Why was it not required in any of the other plagues?[/Quote]while it is obvious that there was no deliverance from death of anyone in 2000 or more years, the Jews will dispute with you that bondage [oppression that they were experiencing as slaves] is there major problem an death was something they knew that there is no escape from. It is almost unbelievable that the reason given for the blood on the doorposts was not to escape or any other reason but that the Angel [dumb angel I say] can "Identify" the homes of the Children of Israel. This somehow underscore a not the know all that we expect the True God by, Who would have definitely empowered the angel to automatically know all the homes of the Children of Israel, just like the same angel was empowered to able to enter the Egyptian homes without the doors being ajar and be able to know which was the first born among all the 'born[s]'.

[Quote]These questions highlight the significance of Jesus Christ death and resurrection as associated with the passover season. Death is the effect of sin.[/Quote]and all the disciples are dead.
Re: The Blood Of Jesus Christ - Misunderstood by yommyuk: 2:23pm On May 15, 2011
@Sweetnecta. I kind of know how to smoke u out grin cool

If the Jews in UK ever identify you, they will make your christian life miserable just because of the first bold. Even me, a muslim knows that there is no truth to the first bold.
As to the second bold, the messiah simply means the anointed. was Jesus the only anointed?

My identity in Christ is in the way I live my life. That is where christians differ from Muslims. You people set out to make peoples life miserable like what you are doing in Northern Nigeria. I say shame on you angry

is this a true statement and can you support your claim of 'annual' celebration with a verse?

Sure!

Exodus 13:1-10 (New International Version)

Exodus 13

Consecration of the Firstborn

1 The LORD said to Moses, 2 “Consecrate to me every firstborn male. The first offspring of every womb among the Israelites belongs to me, whether human or animal.”
3 Then Moses said to the people, “Commemorate(Remember, Observe) this day, the day you came out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery, because the LORD brought you out of it with a mighty hand. Eat nothing containing yeast. 4 Today, in the month of Aviv, you are leaving. 5 When the LORD brings you into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Hivites and Jebusites—the land he swore to your ancestors to give you, a land flowing with milk and honey—you are to observe this ceremony in this month: 6 For seven days eat bread made without yeast and on the seventh day hold a festival to the LORD. 7 Eat unleavened bread during those seven days; nothing with yeast in it is to be seen among you, nor shall any yeast be seen anywhere within your borders. 8 On that day tell your son, ‘I do this because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt.’ 9 This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that this law of the LORD is to be on your lips. For the LORD brought you out of Egypt with his mighty hand. 10 You must keep this ordinance at the appointed time year after year.

while it is obvious that there was no deliverance from death of anyone in 2000 or more years, the Jews will dispute with you that bondage [oppression that they were experiencing as slaves] is there major problem an death was something they knew that there is no escape from. It is almost unbelievable that the reason given for the blood on the doorposts was not to escape or any other reason but that the Angel [dumb angel I say] can "Identify" the homes of the Children of Israel. This somehow underscore a not the know all that we expect the True God by, Who would have definitely empowered the angel to automatically know all the homes of the Children of Israel, just like the same angel was empowered to able to enter the Egyptian homes without the doors being ajar and be able to know which was the first born among all the 'born[s]'.

Again, you represent those among the islamic faith that are spiritually blind. Looking at things from the outside and ignoring the inside. Think about this. When you muslims celebrate killing a ram during the Ileya festival. Is it the body of the ram or its blood that God requires. Ask a learned Muslim scholar/Imam to teach you the spiritual significance of the blood of a living thing/being.

and all the disciples are dead.
True! Do you know anything about the ressurection of the body after death. Or is it the 72 virgins promise that you are aiming for.

My brother, No Christ! No Life! sad

(1) (Reply)

Can Religion Tell Us More Than Science? / Be Nutral Not Sentimental Bout This Issue! / Supersticious Africans Guilty Of 'witchcraft' Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.