Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

3 Nigerian Internet Fraudsters That Have Been Caught For More Than 10 Million Do - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 3 Nigerian Internet Fraudsters That Have Been Caught For More Than 10 Million Do (360 Views)

Davido Hits 10 Million Followers On Instagram / Johnny Drille: Project Fame Top 10 To 10 Million Streams With Mavin Records / Davido: "I Need 10 Million Dollars To Sort My Life Out" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Internet Fraudsters That Have Been Caught For More Than 10 Million Do by Admob090(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2021
SOURCE: [url]CLASSICVIEW.COM.NG[/url]

3 Nigerian Internet Fraudsters That Have Been Caught For More Than 10 Million Dollars ScamInternet fraud is one of the most trending illegal ways of making money in Nigeria.

These days, many young people venture into internet fraud to earn a living.

In Nigeria, most internet fraudsters are youths. These youths want to make quick money, thereby involving themselves in the crime.

At least one day every week, the Economic Financial Crime Commission, EFCC apprehends youths for committing internet fraud. This tell you how rampant the crime has become.

In some cases, these Nigerian fraudsters go as far as attracting the international government officials like the FBI, CIA and others to start investigating their wealth.

In this article, I will be showing you 3 Nigerian fraudsters that have scammed not less than 10 million dollars, approximately 5 billion naira.

1. Hushpuppi

Ramon Abbas popularly known as Hushpuppi was involved in a money laundering scam (business email compromise scams) of over $431 million dollars. During interrogations and investigations, Hushpuppi was said to have worked with some foreign hackers, which aided in carrying out the hundreds of million dollars scam. He recently pleaded guilty to the charges levelled against him in the United States Federal Court, which makes him likely to serve a jail term of 20 years.

2. Emmanuel Nwude

Emmanuel is a Nigerian scammer who impersonated as the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria Paul Ogwuma, in order to convince a Brazilian company to buy an imaginary airport which he succeeded in selling for $242 million dollars. His accomplices were Emmanuel Ofolue, Obum Osakwe, Nzeribe Okoli and the Ikechukwu’s, a husband and wife duo. With the help of his accompanists and his new identity as the governor of the central bank, he was able to contact the director of the Brazilian bank, Nelson Sakaguchi.

Emmanuel was able to scam a total of $242 million dollars. He was sentenced to 25 years imprisonment but later released from the fraud case and now serving for murder charges.

3. Obinwanne Okeke

(Photo Credit: BBC news)

The last on the list is Obinwanne popularly known as Invictus Obi. He operates Nigerian-based companies to defraud people in the United States. Obi was among those listed in Forbes as one of the most influential businesspeople under the age of 30.

Unfortunately, he has been jailed for 10 years in the US over using phishing emails to steal funds from victims. The scam led to the theft of about $11 million dollars.

From observations, the above-mentioned scammers are from the eastern part of the country. The rate of internet fraud is becoming terrible. Please, let's stop tarnishing the country's image.

CONTINUE READING [url]CLASSICVIEW.COM.NG[/url]

Re: 3 Nigerian Internet Fraudsters That Have Been Caught For More Than 10 Million Do by mountmoriah(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
na wa ooo

Meanwhile check my signature
Re: 3 Nigerian Internet Fraudsters That Have Been Caught For More Than 10 Million Do by hybrid11(m): 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
I just need to find where this hush stach his money and take it back to US ,so I can become a citizen there

After 20yrs in prison, this guy go still get money somewhere hidden

(1) (Reply)

Who is Blessing Mandy Jumbo? / Don’t Hurt People That You Can’t Be Good To – Chef Chioma / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.