Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k (299 Views)

Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does / Can A Salary Of ₦100k Sustain A Decent Apartment In Lagos? / I Need A 250k/year Miniflat At Mafoluku/ Oshodi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by gbemishile: 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2021
Good evening all
Please I am not here to write because I want to be on front page.i have this serious concern I would need ur utmost input.
Please I wish to get a mini flat i.e a room and parlour self contained in area around lawanson or ijesha.i work around surulere azis.i just spoke with an agent and he said the least I can get is a 250/per annum for that.i am on a salary of 97k,with no other source of income for now.
I am thinking of getting the apartment,knowing full well I will have to save at least 20k per month,but I really do not know what other bills I will have to incur while living in the house like water bills or nepa bills and how well I can cope with that.also,the fear that the landlord can I crease the yearly rent.
I was thinking of getting mini flat at ikorodu too,but the transport to surulere is also a factor for me.
Please I would like ur opinions and if I can get a cheaper mi I flat around that axis for like 200k per annum.
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by HoleDriller(m): 6:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by advanceDNA: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
Dude, rent am ...na so lagos life be...
Just assume say your salary na 77k.... and trust me, I know people surviving lagos for way less than 50k....u can even get a room mate to take the other room and split the bill..

Last last..u go dey alright..
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by Vision4God: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2021
Do your maths, ask the agents how is the water, Nepa bill paid?
Then look at the TP u will be paying to & fro everyday, what's your monthly/weekly expense on feeding, have xx amount for miscellaneous like contributions, religious activity dues.
Have it at d back of your mind that u have to save every month,
You will then know what capacity of house u should take, endure, or enjoy for the mean time as u trust God for better opportunities.
U will have to make sacrifices in any case.

Be moderate, don't be extravagant. Be contented with what you have, think investment.
All d best to you
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by gbemishile: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
I want to know what other things I will be paying for aside house rent? I know light bill but do I have to pay water bills?
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by Wisefreedom: 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2021
God will see you through
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by DoggoneDogg: 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
Why do you want a mini flat when you can comfortably get a room self contained

You sha wan prove big boy. Nor worry, your salary go remind you soon.
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by gbemishile: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

I no prove big boi o.
Am in my 30's.na to find accommodation so in case to marry come,I won't be thinking of moving again
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by xpressionx(m): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Read again
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by DoggoneDogg: 7:20pm On Jul 30, 2021
[s]
xpressionx:

Read again
[/s]

You are the one to read again or go for an eye test
Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by DoggoneDogg: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
gbemishile:

I no prove big boi o.
Am in my 30's.na to find accommodation so in case to marry come,I won't be thinking of moving again

You're struggling to pay rent but you're already thinking marriage. On a 97k budget??

Okay grin

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive A 250k Apartment With A Salary Of 97k To 100k by flexyebe(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
Yes you can pay,buy all the necessary things that you need for yourself like clothes for works and food stuffs, then go ahead and rent the house, don't forget to discuss other bills like Nepa and water with your agent to allow you pay all at once with your rent so that you will be free from unexpected expenses in the house,but make sure you cut off some unnecessary lifestyles and discuss about monthly contribution with your colleagues to enable you save 25k monthly without touching still necessary.goodluck

(1) (Reply)

2400sqm Directly On Gerrard Road Ikoyi For Joint Venture / Fuel Station For Sale / Massive World Class Hotel Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.