Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 (767 Views)

World Dirtiest Man, Amou Haji Has Died In Iran At Age 94 (pictures) / Does Blood Culture Test Detect Hiv Virus / How Much Does Blood Test Cost In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by phenomental40(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2021
Good morning everybody,
I went for medical check up yesterday because I was feeling feverish and decided I need to see a doctor so I went and firstly meet a nurse which would normal take down my name some information about me then check my body weight, temperature and blood pressure.
Anyways it been long seen I went for checkups like that, the nurse was stunned when she saw my blood pressure rating and ask small boy like you what are you thinking at this your age, I did not reply her what's her business.
After that I was granted to see the doctor, doctor asks why I was there I told him I had fever, running throat, body weakness. He said OK but after seeing my file he told me I should work on blood pressure that it kills, I told him I was facing too many challenges in life hence the increasing blood pressure rating after we discussed he later advised I take easy that I should not over stress myself, I should reduced my thinking and have enough rest then he prescribed drug for my fever bud told me not to treat the high blood pressure medically for now.
Its going to be a challenge for me cause am used to over bothering with the problems of this world.
Please I suggest every one out there should try check their blood pressure and blood sugar level its important and the earlier the better.

1 Like

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by kingreign(m): 7:38am On Jul 31, 2021
phenomental40:
Good morning everybody,
I went for medical check up yesterday because I was feeling feverish and decided I need to see a doctor so I went and firstly meet a nurse which would normal take down my name some information about me then check my body weight, temperature and blood pressure.
Anyways it been long seen I went for checkups like that, the nurse was stunned when she saw my blood pressure rating and ask small boy like you what are you thinking at this your age, I did not reply her what's her business.
After that I was granted to see the doctor, doctor asks why I was there I told him I had fever, running throat, body weakness. He said OK but after seeing my file he told me I should work on blood pressure that it kills, I told him I was facing too many challenges in life hence the increasing blood pressure rating after we discussed he later advised I take easy that I should not over stress myself, I should reduced my thinking and have enough rest then he prescribed drug for my fever bud told me not to treat the high blood pressure medically for now.
Its going to be a challenge for me cause am used to over bothering with the problems of this world.
Please I suggest every one out there should try check their blood pressure and blood sugar level its important and the earlier the better.

You're hypertensive.
Very dangerous. It could be as a result of an underlying illness, hereditary or diet and lifestyle habits.
You still need to carry out a battery of tests to pin point what exactly is wrong.
Wishing you quick total healing.

1 Like

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by NOGRUDGES(m): 7:44am On Jul 31, 2021
It means if safety personnel do medical fitness check on you, you'll part with a huge Chunk of your income so you can keep your job. grin
Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by ollysaks: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2021
High blood pressure is a silent killer.
Take your drugs religiously
Go for check up regularly
Try and rest
Eat the right diet
Loose weight, if necessary
Lastly, limit your intake of alcohol, better still drink only water.

HBP can affect the kidneys and damage it.

Stay healthy. Prevention is better than cure

1 Like

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by Omihanifa: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2021
Is it the digital machine she used in checking your blood pressure or the analogue one ?

Do you always put plenty of salt in your food?
Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by phenomental40(m): 7:49am On Jul 31, 2021
kingreign:

You're hypertensive.
Very dangerous. It could be as a result of an underlying illness, hereditary or diet and lifestyle habits.
You still need to carry out a battery of tests to pin point what exactly is wrong.
Wishing you quick total healing.
it is not hereditary in my case cause I believe am the only one facing this in my family and besides I wouldn't want my parents ears be involved
Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by Cunnilingus(m): 7:49am On Jul 31, 2021
You have to go for proper cardiovascular check. Ask around for a good cardiologist, he will prescribe tests Echo, ECG, Ultrasounds etc so as to check the cause. I started treating Hypertension at your age. It's Hereditary. Uncontrolled HBP can lead to Kidney failure in future, instant death via Heart Failure, stroke etc please take this very serious. If you smoke stop immediately. Also don't drink more than a bottle of beer. It's better to stop but if you must 1 bottle

1 Like

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by arthurwillia(m): 7:50am On Jul 31, 2021
Well
It’s just a warning you can be hypertensive, he didn’t treat your blood pressure because you’ve not been diagnosed with that yet, hypertension is when you have above that on more than 2/3 occasions so after treating your cold/fever, go for another bp check up to ascertain it’s normal and do periodic check up.

In the mean time I suggest you do 20minutes standard exercise everyday or 30minutes walk everyday.

See your Physio today

3 Likes

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by phenomental40(m): 7:53am On Jul 31, 2021
ollysaks:
High blood pressure is a silent killer.
Take your drugs religiously
Go for check up regularly
Try and rest
Eat the right diet
Loose weight, if necessary
Lastly, limit your intake of alcohol, better still drink only water.

HBP can affect the kidneys and damage it.

Stay healthy. Prevention is better than cure
thanks for your advise I just decided to stay off work for a week, and about loosing weight am a slim guy, I don't take alcohol but I consume lot of sugary stuff which I will have to stop also considering my high blood sugar level, I thank God I was informed this early

2 Likes

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by phenomental40(m): 7:57am On Jul 31, 2021
Cunnilingus:
You have to go for proper cardiovascular check. Ask around for a good cardiologist, he will prescribe tests Echo, ECG, Ultrasounds etc so as to check the cause. I started treating Hypertension at your age. It's Hereditary. Uncontrolled HBP can lead to Kidney failure in future, instant death via Heart Failure, stroke etc please take this very serious. If you smoke stop immediately. Also don't drink more than a bottle of beer. It's better to stop but if you must 1 bottle
the advised me to firstly see to it if I can control it within myself then in a month check it out again, about hereditary part I don't how I should ask my parents if they experiencing such.

1 Like

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 31, 2021
Hmm, you might not be hypertensive yet. You must have at least 4-5 consistent high blood pressure readings before it can be ascertained. You probably have chronic stress, coupled with your high consumption of sugary stuffs. Work on your diet, exercise well, drink only water for now. Rest well. Hypertension is usually asymptomatic and can be very dangerous. It is also no respecter of any age. angry

3 Likes

Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by phenomental40(m): 11:37am On Jul 31, 2021
LIVINGICON:
Hmm, you might not be hypertensive yet. You must have at least 4-5 consistent high blood pressure readings before it can be ascertained. You probably have chronic stress, coupled with your high consumption of sugary stuffs. Work on your diet, exercise well, drink only water for now. Rest well. Hypertension is usually asymptomatic and can be very dangerous. It is also no respecter of any age. angry

thanks
Re: What Does Blood Pressure Of 150/100mm/hg Means To Me At Age 27 by phenomental40(m): 8:24am On Aug 01, 2021
Omihanifa:
Is it the digital machine she used in checking your blood pressure or the analogue one ?

Do you always put plenty of salt in your food?
no she used manual, my salt in talk is moderate

(1) (Reply)

If your penis doesn’t stand well or cannot penetrate when having sex / How To Stick To A Healthy Diet For A Long Time? / Full Body Workout At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.