Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

CAF Ban: I Took Drug Prescribed By Club Doctor, Says Enyimba Captain - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CAF Ban: I Took Drug Prescribed By Club Doctor, Says Enyimba Captain (171 Views)

Doctor Says Men Are Spending Thousands To Add Inches To Their Height / This Is What Joblessness Is Doing Me — Picture I Took This Morning / Guy Who Took Drug Called Colorado Rolls On The Floor Like A Demon Possessed Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAF Ban: I Took Drug Prescribed By Club Doctor, Says Enyimba Captain by Orionews: 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2021
Enyimba captain Austin Oladapo, who has been banned by Africa’s football governing body, CAF, has disclosed that he only took painkillers, which was prescribed by the club doctor.

The People’s Elephant Captain also expressed shock at CAF’s decision.

On Tuesday, Oladapo was handed a one-year ban from all football activities by CAF after his test sample returned positive for a banned substance.

“I’m utterly disappointed and shocked because this is not the first time I have undergone such tests,” Oladapo told PUNCH Sports Extra.

“I only took a drug prescribed by the club doctor, a pain relief medication, which the club doctor prescribed and he presented the same to CAF.

“If I took drugs, I won’t feel bad, but I take it in good fate. This is unbearable for me because I don’t drink, I don’t smoke neither do I womanise and that’s why the management of Enyimba loves me so much.

“When I featured at the African Nations Championship, I took the test. At the 2018 Confederation Cup, I was cleared after taking the test as well.

“When Enyimba played against Horoya from Guinea in 2019, I was picked for dope tests and there was no problem until now.

“I don’t have any ailment that I’m treating neither am I asthmatic. So, this ban really baffles me.”

He also revealed that Enyimba will appeal the verdict.

“The chairman (Felix Anyansi-Agwu) has told me that they will appeal the ban to help clear my name,” he said.
Re: CAF Ban: I Took Drug Prescribed By Club Doctor, Says Enyimba Captain by SanctifiedSista(f): 12:14pm On Jul 31, 2021
U need this for those crying secret tears
Come to church tomorrow and if u sick, last service is for u
Re: CAF Ban: I Took Drug Prescribed By Club Doctor, Says Enyimba Captain by SportsHD: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2021
Your club mgt needs to be sued.
Just like how they fed okagbare rations that were laced.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Govt Should Ban Bbnaija, It Promotes Immorality – Arewa Youths / School Feeding: Bauchi Govt Begins Enumeration 1.1m Pupils / Woman Sues Mcdonald’s For Tempting Her To Eat (read Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.