Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? (279 Views)

Too Many Young People Are Getting Stuck 2-5yrs After Graduation / 7 Things Worth Doing Before You Clock 30 / 10 Years After Graduation: What Are Your Experiences In The Labour Market? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? by KlausMichaelson: 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2021
Good morning everyone,
I'm few weeks away from graduation from a Federal University. My elder brother who has sponsored me through school from the very beginning just asked me a very important question. He asked "Have you started applying for jobs online now before your service starts?'.
I won't lie, it didn't come as a schock to me but as a fear. With NYSC on my mind, I also thought if I could possibly find something doing and even still find a way to continuing the job during my time of service.

I have skills in Python programming (Web development), tho a beginner, and the use of Excel for Data analysis . Am I really ready for the outside world? That's my fear, I just hope he doesn't see me as a failure embarassed

Please mature minds who have walked this path, please I beg you, enlighten me and others like me on what to do to atleast to put food on the table and become independent before NYSC kicks in.

N:B For some reasons I will not reveal the school and identity, but I'm an Engineering student.
Re: Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? by yanabasee1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 31, 2021
Had this fear during my days.... Even feared if I was going to fit in the work place and the fear of making new friends and new boss that will be commanding me up and down...

Then I decided to keep moving... kept seeking for success and I kept struggling... Even lose my 6yrs old relationship with the girl I loved with everything on me....

At some point, I settled for the less and began to rebuild from there and it paid off ...

Don't give up...

A friend called me along the line and told me to stay focused on my journey and I capped on the word "focus".... It was what helped me all along ...
Re: Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? by KingOfBrandLink(m): 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2021
yanabasee1:
Had this fear during my days.... Even feared if I was going to fit in the work place and the fear of making new friends and new boss that will be commanding me up and down...

Then I decided to keep moving... kept seeking for success and I kept struggling... Even lose my 6yrs old relationship with the girl I loved with everything on me....

At some point, I settled for the less and began to rebuild from there and it paid off ...

Don't give up...

A friend called me along the line and told me to stay focused on my journey and I capped on the word "focus".... It was what helped me all along ...
Re: Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? by KlausMichaelson: 2:04pm On Jul 31, 2021
yanabasee1:

Don't give up...

This is motivating! Thanks.
I want to be focused but I just don't know what to focus on. I'm really worried.
Re: Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? by yanabasee1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
KlausMichaelson:

This is motivating! Thanks.
I want to be focused but I just don't know what to focus on. I'm really worried.

I focused on getting a government job and I worked towards it...

If you want to go into entrepreneur... Focus and make your plans towards it...

You want to go into anything you have passion for... then focus on it...

That's all...
Re: Few Weeks From Graduation. What Do I Start Doing Before NYSC Sets In? by KlausMichaelson: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
yanabasee1:

I focused on getting a government job and I worked towards it...

If you want to go into entrepreneur... Focus and make your plans towards it...

You want to go into anything you have passion for... then focus on it...

That's all...
Thanks, my main focus should be machine learning then. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know The Difference Between Resume And Cover Letter? / 15 Real Ways To Earn Money Online| Case Study / Job tip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.