Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,801 members, 7,956,052 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? (4318 Views)

Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas / Where Are The Hausas? / Ganduje: Buhari Fighting Opposition Party, Not Corruption - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Web2020: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

When did Buhari start caring about the economy?
Valid question.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Idiotmod: 10:28am On Aug 01, 2021
E go suspend the policy. E dey disguise for us, so we won’t say his administration is riddled with nepotism
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by obaaderemi: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2021
The biggest gainer, if the ban stands, is the economy. There must be only one exchange rate. Without this, the naira will continue to suffer.

1 Like

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by DOTian: 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Pls stop posting rubbish fake news ok. Stop spreading lies

The video where eElzakzaky was lamenting the pattern of killings going on in Kaduna and Zamfara etc is still on YouTube. That was before he was arrested! Go and research and then come back here. You better stop defending Evil because the kingdom of God is at hand..
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
GROWUP,NO BE EVERY THING UNA GO CALL BUHARI.CBN IS REGULATING FOREX ACTIVITY FOR NATION'S INTEREST.
THE BDCS ARE CONDUITS OF MONEY LAUNDRYING AND THEY ARE D ONES CAUSING DOLLAR SCARCITY TO HIKE PRICES.THEY IS NO PARALLEL MARKET ANYWHERE IN WORLD EXCEPT NAIJA RUBBISH. angry
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Web2020: 1:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
life2017:
The believe that BDC are only northerners was mostly true in the 90s. But that is not completely true today.

Igbo, Yoruba and other Tribes own BDC.
Many people confuse the mallam in the street for BDC. The mallam in the street are just like house boys to BDC owner.

BDC license was liberalized under Obasanjo. Since then, alot of people from the south registered several BDCs.

But today, that is no longer true.
I am not sure of this. Please, Google the list of licensed Bureau De Change operator in Nigeria, then come back to repeat what you have written up there.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Misterone: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
OwenJesse27:
Hausas most stand up and fight this wicked Fulani people .....
look at these assertion and tell me a f00l is not behind it? First of all the CBN is an independent organization. Secondly, it is headed by an igbo man who was appointed by a southerner and an opposition party. Thirdly, let's look at the merits and demerits of the policy vis a vis nigeria's economy. With all sincerity can we say the commentator is not stupid, an idiot and an slowpoke combine.

3 Likes

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Misterone: 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
Web2020:
I am not sure of this. Please, Google the list of licensed Bureau De Change operator in Nigeria, then come back to repeat what you have written up there.
This is very true. I have a friend from Delta state who owns a big BDC shop in Lagos. Most of you think the hausa men roaming the streets are BDC to themselves, those guys are just touts. A BDC is a duly registered financial business with regulations by government agencies. I doubt if Aminu on the street can fill a form talk less of to register a BDC business.

1 Like

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 01, 2021
obaaderemi:
The biggest gainer, if the ban stands, is the economy. There must be only one exchange rate. Without this, the naira will continue to suffer.

Absolutely correct. You're a man who sees the most important part of the picture. BDCs in Nigeria don't operate as a supportive market to give people quick access to foreign currencies as is the case for most nations worldwide.

In Nigeria BDCs are a damaging avenue for devaluation of the naira, fraud, money laundering and many complex financial crimes that ultimately undermine the economic capacity and growth potentials of Nigeria.

Buhari has moved against economic saboteurs on this occasion and not Hausas.

2 Likes

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Web2020: 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2021
Misterone:
look at these assertion and tell me a f00l is not behind it? First of all the CBN is an independent organization. Secondly, it is headed by an igbo man who was appointed by a southerner and an opposition party. Thirdly, let's look at the merits and demerits of the policy vis a vis nigeria's economy. With all sincerity can we say the commentator is not stupid, an idiot and an slowpoke combine.
You are only deceiving yourself and your entire generation unborn. Which institutions in Nigeria are independent? Oh independent on paper! Very soon you will tell me that Inec, judiciary, Nigeria Police force, Efcc Dss etc are independent as it is writing on paper. You can only fool yourself not me and not Nigerians. While were you so pain with the post. Oh the truth can really cause pain. Face your front bloody Fulani
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Web2020: 2:50pm On Aug 01, 2021
Grayoso:

Absolutely correct. You're a man who sees the most important part of the picture. BDCs in Nigeria don't operate as a supportive market to give people quick access to foreign currencies as is the case for most nations worldwide.

In Nigeria BDCs are a damaging avenue for devaluation of the naira, fraud, money laundering and many complex financial crimes that ultimately undermine the economic capacity and growth potentials of Nigeria.

Buhari has moved against economic saboteurs on this occasion and not Hausas.
Is it today day break?
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2021
PARADIZEPRIEST:
GROWUP,NO BE EVERY THING UNA GO CALL BUHARI.CBN IS REGULATING FOREX ACTIVITY FOR NATION'S INTEREST.
THE BDCS ARE CONDUITS OF MONEY LAUNDRYING AND THEY ARE D ONES CAUSING DOLLAR SCARCITY TO HIKE PRICES.THEY IS NO PARALLEL MARKET ANYWHERE IN WORLD EXCEPT NAIJA RUBBISH. angry

God bless you ojare. This is why I voted for Buhari and worked for his win before his monumental failings on security and undoubtedly nepotisitic outlook turned me against Mr.President.

Many believed Buhari, above everyone else, can 'go there' and take decisions for the betterment of Nigeria no one else can or will. Development like this validates that belief in Buhari.

You are right that no other Country in the world has the same black market parallel model Nigeria has because what we host is an open scam against the Nigerian economy and direct internal sabotage against our economic output that several President , since time immemorial, have turned a blind eye to, and even tacitly abetted, till Buhari.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Misterone: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
Web2020:
You are only deceiving yourself and your entire generation unborn. Which institutions in Nigeria are independent? Oh independent on paper! Very soon you will tell me that Inec, judiciary, Nigeria Police force, Efcc Dss etc are independent as it is writing on paper. You can only fool yourself not me and not Nigerians. While were you so pain with the post. Oh the truth can really cause pain. Face your front bloody Fulani
I can feel your pains. Your hatred for Buhari no go let you see front. Na bush you dey enter so! The government has nominated the CBN to take care of the naira under the able supervision of Godwin Emefiele. That ís what he is doing. Maybe you should call Simon Ekpa to ask him. Idiot. Make una no worry, every Monday una go dey stay house until una economy crumble. Anuofia

1 Like

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
Web2020:
Is it today day break?

No but something or someone has to birth change otherwise we all remain poor and underdeveloped. Kudos to PMB on this occasion regardless of his failings and shortcomings elsewhere.

Give praise where due. This is a fantastic and very brave decision PMB has taken that most Nigerians cannot even begin to understand because of how far reaching it is and how damaging it will be for many powerful folks.

We are talking guys who literally make many millions of naira daily via black market currency manipulations, through BDCs, that succeeds by devaluing and undermining the naira the rest of us have to use for our sustenance and progress.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Christistruth00: 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
life2017:
The believe that BDC are only northerners was mostly true in the 90s. But that is not completely true today.

Igbo, Yoruba and other Tribes own BDC.
Many people confuse the mallam in the street for BDC. The mallam in the street are just like house boys to BDC owner.

BDC license was liberalized under Obasanjo. Since then, alot of people from the south registered several BDCs.

But today, that is no longer true.

Hushpuppi ran Bureau de Change
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Web2020: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Misterone:
I can feel your pains. Your hatred for Buhari no go let you see front. Na bush you dey enter so! The government has nominated the CBN to take care of the naira under the able supervision of Godwin Emefiele. That ís what he is doing. Maybe you should call Simon Ekpa to ask him. Idiot. Make una no worry, every Monday una go dey stay house until una economy crumble. Anuofia
Your post is full of emotions, sentiments, selfishness and pains. It doesn't give answer to the intelligent question asked on this trend. Hence, I recommend that you should remain silent to avoid exposing your stupidity before the entire world.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
Christistruth00:

Hushpuppi ran Bureau de Change

I would not be surprised. So did Mompha who has now gone underground after being exposed as nothing but a glorified money launderer and another of the many economic saboteurs literally draining the blood out of Nigeria with their greed, opportunism and crass materialism.

https://the360report.com/mompha-biography-and-net-worth/

1 Like

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Jmlsm: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2021
I have followed lots of threads here where the ops are trying so hard to divide the Hausa and Fulani relationship. But funny enough they are just wasting their time.

1. One reason is because they can never fight a United Hausa - Fulani. So they choose to divide them so that they can fight one at a time.

2. They are so envious of the good relationships between them. But what they miss out is, those two tribes have more things that unite them then divide them

Now the only thing you can do is continue crying. Lolz
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Web2020: 3:24pm On Aug 01, 2021
Jmlsm:
I have followed lots of threads here where the ops are trying so hard to divide the Hausa and Fulani relationship. But funny enough they are just wasting their time.

1. One reason is because they can never fight a United Hausa - Fulani. So they choose to divide them so that they can fight one at a time.

2. They are so envious of the good relationships between them. But what they miss out is, those two tribes have more things that unite them then divide them

Now the only thing you can do is continue crying. Lolz
Does this give answer to the question asked on this trend? Kindly read up other intelligent answers to the questions here, you will learn a thing or two from them. don't take it personal. I recommend you do a course on emotional intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2021
There is this misinformation that only the Hausas own bdcs that is a lie.

Many southern own bdcs, some decided to use it for private use while some use it to trade.

The idea that the ban of bdcs will allow for a single exchange rate is ignorance at its peak.

First and foremost, the CBN and the bank both have different exchange rate.

Now, the bdc are unionise, do you think the government will want to ban a union of bdc businesses, that can't happen, the ban on bdcs is just temporary.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Lionofthedesert: 3:56pm On Aug 01, 2021
AHAHAHAHAHA Illi.... First know who the HAUSA are first.......Even though the BDC business comprises of people from different ethnicity.......those NORTHERNERS you are familiar with doing the BDC business are mostly ZARMA, (ZABARMAWA), and KANURI people...
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Onepeople: 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2021
blackpanda:
[s][/s]

Pls stop posting rubbish fake news ok. Stop spreading lies
is Ezalzaki an hausa man ? If he is their is an atom of truth in what he is alleging.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Onepeople: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
Grayoso:
Not a fan of Buhari yet this ban of BDCs is not targeted at the Hausas.

It is purely a macro-economic decision that is long overdue to be honest and one Buhari must be given credit for having the bravery to initiate as it will affect a a lot of people including some very big and influential men.

Nigeris should not have formal parallel markets operating very different exchange rate from official CBN rate for currency. It is one of the myopic and self-harming acts of greed and national sabotage different governments have allowed to go on for too long.

It only aids devaluation of the Naira while making it more difficult and significantly more expensive for Nigerians to conduct international trade and even make essential payments like school fees for wards studying abroad. It harm's the Nigerian economy significantly and has contributed to the runaway inflation rates we are seeing today.

It is like having registered pharmacies openly selling fake drugs at higher price than genuine medicine. Obviously such a development harms the health of all Nigerians while only a few individuals profit massively.
are you sure you are not a zombie too?
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Obindigbo: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2021
Saifullah01:
Trying to sound intelligent the OP ended up pointing out the fallacy of reasoning in the average southerner (or more specifically south easterner)

If this policy was directed at fake spare parts they will be all over social media shouting blue murder. But have you heard any Northerner lament about the policy on BDC by an Igbo CBN governor targeting a North dominated business ?

Yet see what the OP is trying to spin. Since to their surprise no one has made such spurious allegations from the North. I guess the North also needs start looking at government policies with similar myopic lenses as these clowns so they know no one has monopoly over stupidity - but you know what? we wont.
WHAP!!!
The op might have his thoughts about this issue but don't bring it the tribal way biko, you are matured enough to know that its not every issue that will go the tribal way.......
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Misterone: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2021
Web2020:
Your post is full of emotions, sentiments, selfishness and pains. It doesn't give answer to the intelligent question asked on this trend. Hence, I recommend that you should remain silent to avoid exposing your stupidity before the entire world.
see this one! Me and you who dey feel pains. You can see from your comments that you are not reasonable, you lack tacts and also full of sh!t. Propaganda is now your weapon. This idiot thinks BDC na hausa quarters wen dem dey change money. Like I said earlier, ask your Assistant Supreme leader Simon Ekpa cause when he tells you to sh!t you sh!t. Slaves.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Obindigbo: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2021
The ban on BDCs is for the good of the nation, I don't think the president has hand in this, it is purely CBN regulatory role that was played but this ban is one that may Favour the nation if the CBN looks into how these banks exchanges it and how much Dollar will be exchanged to the naira, I think this will help weaken the dollar against the naira if banks doesn't fix their own exchange price
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Valkrie: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2021
EagleNest:
I don't think it has anything to do with punishing Hausas. No! Far from it. The reality is that the BDCs and banks connive to make money out of Nigeria's dire dollar situation. And the Hausas are the one that run BDCs.

But the biggest wahala is that we don't produce enough products for export to earn dollars. We mainly rely on oil and may be remmitances from Nigerians in diaspora.

Then you've got no idea how this country work....behind any policy is a very selfish motive...especially when it has to do with fulani dominance of others....!!! Only Dangote and bua can import flour and sugar if not mistaken in the whole country...why is it like that? Others are also shut down when it comes to cement production and now they want to hand over fuel production to them....!! They shut down the southern border and allowfree flow of fulani killers from all over africa through the northern border....Just think and look beyond their useless policy and you would understand....!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by justtoodark: 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2021
this money changers was always a bad idea....

no reasonable nation in the entire world practice such a thing....

only nations in crisis do such thing....
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by yuping(m): 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2021
Don't be fool oooo black market guys are cashing out bug time now. Hmmmm cripple the north, Mallam dey smile throughout Friday.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by orikoku: 6:12pm On Aug 01, 2021
ABI Hausa/Fulanis.
Re: Ban on Bureau De Change: Is Buhari Fighting The Hausas? by Aksnoopy: 6:18pm On Aug 01, 2021
He is enriching them big time.
Who do you think controls the black market?
The hausas offcourse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Transport Fare Rises By 35% In 12 Months, Says NBS Report / Breaking - Iran Hits Mossad Facilities In Iraq With Multiple Missiles / Peter Obi Booed In Osun State By Angry Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.