Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. (290 Views)

Ruggedman Tells Nigerians Not To Give Police Officers On The Roads Money Anymore / See Photos Of The Five Most Dangerous Roads Of The World -2018 Update. / Emmanuel Somtochukwu: Meet The Young And Successful Pageant King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. by Divplanet(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2021
On an early Monday morning.. On a very busy roads of Lagos. I was rushing to meet up with an interview which was two hours from now.

I dressed up quickly and made my way to the bus stop only for me to meet a filled bus.. I had to wait for another bus to load. It was really frustrating.. I have waited for this interview my whole life.. Ordinary transport won’t be able to stop me. I taught. Still thinking, till I see a bus Approaching.. from the very spot I was standing, I rushed the bus to avoid any hard feelings. There are a lot of people here in the bus stop too.. Waiting for this particular bus. I have to rush.. so I won’t have to wait again. This type of case is what most of us call survival of the fittest. You have to fight your way through almost everything you do here in Lagos.

Enjoying the busy traffic with people rushing in every possible directions, trucks from east and west and the checkpoint from here to there. we got stuck on traffic. With cars running wild and pedestrians competing for roads with moving vehicles. What can one possibly expect in Lagos.

As we waited for the signal to turn green, my eyes flashed through the window only to see a poor young boy, about 13 years old. He removed a piece of biscuit from his pocket and took a bite.

As he was about to take the next bite, a stray dog wagged it’s tail looking at him. Without hesitation, he sat down and put the biscuit on the road for the dog to eat.

The dog sniffed the biscuit and walked away. The boy waited until he the dog was gone then he picked up the biscuit and ate it. Who does that in Lagos?? .. I was shocked!!

My heart was touched and wanted to walk up to the boy but before I could open the door the signal turned Green and our car drove away. The thoughts about this boy keeps coming to my head. And later, during dinner, I realized that I was thinking of approaching the boy but never did, I could have stopped the car and walked up to him which again I never did. What a shame!

I felt guilty. I could have helped that boy… But because I was rushing to attend an interview I still didn’t get the job to.. I lost the chances of being a good Samaritan to a kind hearted boy who deserve some help.

At the interview.. it happens that the Manager also....
Continue reading [url]https://divplanet.com/blog/on-the-roads-of-lagos-lesson-from-the-young-master/ [/url]

Read more stories on [url]divplanet.com[/url]

Re: On The Roads Of Lagos – Lesson From The Young Master. by Divplanet(m): 9:44am On Aug 01, 2021
Nice story

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A Fake Charger / Bbnaija KAYVEE Leaves The Show Because Of Her Mental Health. Big Brother Speaks / Crazy And Naughty Bbnaija Truth Or Dare Game (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.