Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Need Your Advice. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Your Advice. (481 Views)

Inexperienced Newly Married Man Needs Your Advice / My Marriage Is Being Tested. I Need Your Advice / I Dream Of Death Anytime I Quarrel With My Wife. I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advice. by EmeraldDigital(m): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2021
I'm wondering what to do about my house rent. I was supposed to renew last year December, normally the agent do send me a letter once my rent is due and I pay to their bank account but this time around I no one contacted me, no letter no phone call no visit, recently one of the staff of the agency came to inspect the house and he didn't mention anything about the rent.

I even asked the caretaker who is the son of our landlady that's staying in the same compound with us why the haven't come door their money and he said he will ask them. Till now no one is saying anything.

Country hard I believe as a tenet in Nigeria you won't just hurriedly transfer money to any agent for rent when they didn't even ask for it.

I have even used the rent for other stuff but I plan to just send them the money this week.

What do you suggest I do?
Re: Need Your Advice. by DaddyRochie1642: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2021
Oga better have your Rent money on standby, I don't want to see your story on Nairaland frontpage with the title

"Man gets beaten and thrown out of the house by Angry Landlord for not paying rent on time" grin grin
Re: Need Your Advice. by CokeBar(f): 9:53am On Aug 01, 2021
As a tenant, you should actually hurriedly pay your rent to save yourself from embarrassment.
Re: Need Your Advice. by MufasaLion: 10:03am On Aug 01, 2021
I'd suggest you keep the money in case they come for it unexpectedly. Save yourself from embarrassment.
Re: Need Your Advice. by EmeraldDigital(m): 10:12am On Aug 01, 2021
CokeBar:
As a tenant, you should actually hurriedly pay your rent to save yourself from embarrassment.

You're right but I'm sure cuz I know millionaires that still need to be reminded to pay their bills. It's just strange that no one is talking about it. I even reached out nd asked why no one is asking for the money and still no answers. I will make the rent available again and then reach out once more
Re: Need Your Advice. by greenguy: 10:46am On Aug 01, 2021
Just put the money on standby. There's definitely an issue or conflict somewhere so rushing to pay may not be a good idea as the hitherto receiving account may now be a wrong account.

You've enquired from a family member already, that is a good step.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice. by EmeraldDigital(m): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2021
greenguy:
Just put the money on standby. There's definitely an issue or conflict somewhere so rushing to pay may not be a good idea as the hitherto receiving account may now be a wrong account.

You've enquired from a family member already, that is a good step.

That's really my major concern. This is my third year in the house and for the past two years before my rent is due they will send me a reminder but nothing like that happened. I will just get their money and keep somewhere anytime they want it they should come get it.

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Moment Son Reunites With His Mom After 15yrs Of Separation / Doctors, Please, Help Me. / Share Your Experience Living with Yahoo Neighbors/friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.