Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn (419 Views)

80 Tonnes Cassava Or More Needed Urgently / How Can I Farm Without Water? / Why Should I Farm I Nigeria.... See Reasons And Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
Happy Sunday to everyone reading this, I have two farms, A one acre farm with corn ready to mature between now and September( the planting was half hazard at best) and a 50×40metre farm locate in the base of a very steep valley.
here's my concern, should I plant corn and cassava this September after harvest which will leave the farm occupied from now till the end of next year or should I plant only corn which will leave it available for three times planting of corn next year.
The one located in the steep valley has been cordoned off for corn so it is not the issue. the issue is that I would like to lunch 3 farms of similar size next year and the money for that will come from the two small farms I have. Please i need your advice.

Farmtech

Pavore9
Oga seun I go use one or two truck load of corn take visit you at least your long brothers go patrol a 20mile radius of my farm.
Re: Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn by MightySparrow: 1:28pm On Aug 01, 2021
Why not late maize and cassava together?
Re: Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2021
MightySparrow:
Why not late maize and cassava together?
late maize is coming this August-september but if I plant cassava, the farm will be dormant till this time next year. and yes patches of the farm are not so fertile couldn't even support the corn
Re: Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn by Me24engr: 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2021
ekerensima:
late maize is coming this August-september but if I plant cassava, the farm will be dormant till this time next year. and yes patches of the farm are not so fertile couldn't even support the corn

I suggest you get local manure (goat, sheep, cow or chicken droppings) and spread it all over the farm but if the nature of your farmland has prospect of erosion washing your manure away, then you make ridges (helps in mixing manure with the soil) then addapt mix cropping of "highbreed groundnut and corn" ensure you have up to two bags of urea fertilizer which you would start applying from three weeks after planting. Then wait patiently for the shocking yield your farm would produce
Re: Should I Farm Cassava Or Corn by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2021
Me24engr:

I suggest you get local manure (goat, sheep, cow or chicken droppings) and spread it all over the farm but if the nature of your farmland has prospect of erosion washing your manure away, then you make ridges (helps in mixing manure with the soil) then addapt mix cropping of "highbreed groundnut and corn" ensure you have up to two bags of urea fertilizer which you would start applying from three weeks after planting. Then wait patiently for the shocking yield your farm would produce

thou art wise, chicken breast dropping is easier as I'll pull waste management duty with a lot of seasonal chicken houses (they start by September against the festive season)

(1) (Reply)

We Buy Cucumbers In Large Quantities / Agriculture / Poultry Cage For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.