Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

How To Know If A Snake Is Venomous Or Not (pictures) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Know If A Snake Is Venomous Or Not (pictures) (450 Views)

Snake Hunter Bitten By Tiger Snake Is Facing Multiple Organ Failure in Australia / I Got Bitten By A Non-Venomous Snake Today (Photos) / Young Girl Lands In A Hospital After Being Bitten By A Venomous Snake. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know If A Snake Is Venomous Or Not (pictures) by NotFarFrom: 8:31pm On Aug 01, 2021
Many times, I've come across the image where people say that the eyes and shape of the head determines whether a snake is venomous or not. This is incorrect.

I'll pick an example.

1. Boomslang (picture below): This snake has found eyes and a normal shaped head. Looking at this snake, you'd say it's not venomous, but the Boonslang's venom matches that of a Black Mamba. In fact the Boonslang's teeth is so small that you might not know that it has bitten you and this also cancels the fable of looking for two teeth holes.

The best way to know a snake is to know it entirely. The Green Mamba and the Bush snake look alike but the Bush Snake has distinct black spots, while the Green Mamba is plain green and a little bigger.

The house snake and the black Mamba looks alike l, but the House snake has two lines on its head while the Black Mamba has it's very black inner mouth.

KNOW THE SNAKE AND NOT JUST THE SHAPE OF ITS HEAD AND EYES.

Re: How To Know If A Snake Is Venomous Or Not (pictures) by illicit(m): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2021
embarassed
Re: How To Know If A Snake Is Venomous Or Not (pictures) by Bluntguy: 8:58pm On Aug 01, 2021
I don't know anything here but I am rushing to comment because I know that immediately Lala sees this it is straight to fp and I will be second to comment and I go get many likes.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If A Snake Is Venomous Or Not (pictures) by kazvid(m): 9:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
Forget all this BS,once you see a snake just japa straight don't wait to check if it's venomous or not

(1) (Reply)

Best MPPSC Preparation Coaching / The Way Out Of Your Struggle Against Depression / Noodles Have Killed More Nigerians Than Boko Haram, Diseases, Accidents Combined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.