Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,585 members, 7,854,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive (14265 Views)

16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date / Let's Go! 10,000 Simple "YES" Fan Support To GMB/PYO2015 / Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 17, 2011
Odunnu:

Sometime ago my neigbour's son came to me with his takehome assignment and asked for help. I couldnt help instantly. The assignment was
1. How many political parties are in Nig?
2. Name them and include their logos.
How would i have been able to help with ths? Abeg, they should even prune off five,with 5 we sure can do well
Thats an outrageous assignment, I think 10 will do.
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by 10cirenoh: 12:21pm On May 17, 2011
^^^

Which kind teacher asked that kinda of question? especially the logo own? i no believe that second question, abeg, even him self no no am and 95% of Nigerians don't know it.
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by enyojo(f): 12:22pm On May 17, 2011
blink182:

Thats an outrageous assignment, I think 10 will do.

We need mergers and acqusitions in the political terreins also.
4 will do.
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 17, 2011
10cirenoh:

^^^

Which kind teacher asked that kinda of question? especially the logo own? i no believe that second question, abeg, even him self no no am and 95% of Nigerians don't know it.
My exact thought, even Mr President no know 25 parties by heart. Ignorant education system venting its anger on the young ones
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by queensmith: 12:38pm On May 17, 2011
enyojo:

We need mergers and acqusitions in the political terreins also.
4 will do.

I dont see why we should limit political parties in the first place? Alternative views is fundamental to any ruling system/ Its not doing any harm why cant they be left alone?
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 17, 2011
Odunnu:

Sometime ago my neigbour's son came to me with his takehome assignment and asked for help. I couldnt help instantly. The assignment was
How would i have been able to help with ths? Abeg, they should even prune off five,with 5 we sure can do well

This must be a PHD thesis, even Prof Jega would not know this without doing expo grin grin

queensmith:

I dont see why we should limit political parties in the first place? Alternative views is fundamental to any ruling system/ Its not doing any harm why cant they be left alone?
Don't you know they are depending on the money given to them by INEC- tax payer's money? This is waste of money, INEC should scrap them very fast! angry
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by Odunnu: 2:08pm On May 17, 2011
Lmao! I actually went online to help out in the assignment after the daddy took the boy to the stadium where we had a lot of posters pasted.
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by queensmith: 2:55pm On May 17, 2011
koastar:

This must be a PHD thesis, even Prof Jega would not know this without doing expo grin grin
Don't you know they are depending on the money given to them by INEC- tax payer's money? This is waste of money, INEC should scrap them very fast! angry

NO?? i didnt know! lol what is INEC paying them for?? is it alot of money?? in that case i better go and start my own political party!
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by MMM2(m): 3:07pm On May 17, 2011
very good
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by DeepSight(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2011
Seun:

Why should I not be able to form a local political party to fight for local government chairmanship in Otta?

Legally you are free to do so: the point however is that when you turn up with zero after a general election, your party would have been shown to have no substantive following and will be deregistered under the law to decongest the political space.
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by manny4life(m): 3:48pm On May 17, 2011
M&A though, lol

I agree, with all those more than 40 parties listed, there's urgent need for Mergers but not Acquisitions. I agree to a Three-Party System; Democrats, Republicans and Independents.
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by Seun(m): 8:01pm On May 17, 2011
You don't force a three party system, because it means individuals who just want to run for local posts will have to align themselves with big parties, thereby compromising their principles. Anything that limits competition is a bad thing. Why are we so easily deceived into giving up our freedoms?
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by Fhemmmy: 8:09pm On May 17, 2011
Great idea . . . . even the remaining 10 needs to give us reason why they should be allowed to stay
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by queensmith: 9:02am On May 18, 2011
we are shifting away from the koko-oro

the koko oro nisiyin. . . is how im going to start a party, how much and how often will inec be paying me?? grin grin grin

I have to get at it right away!
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by ziccoit: 9:47am On May 18, 2011
^^^^^
That era is gone. Jega has stated that by 2010 electoral act, no party is being paid by INEC anymore. So, no business grin grin grin
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by otokx(m): 10:55am On May 18, 2011
Let them go
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by seunlayi(m): 2:23pm On May 18, 2011
at last
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by queensmith: 10:28pm On May 18, 2011
ziccoit:

^^^^^
That era is gone. Jega has stated that by 2010 electoral act, no party is being paid by INEC anymore. So, no business grin grin grin

O meeehn i missed! kaiii!
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by adebayo111: 9:14am On May 19, 2011
they talked about electoral act as if it was followed to the latter. Electoral act stipulates that all election matters should be resolved within 180 days b4 the handover date and not 180days after enjoying the benefit of the office.
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by davd: 11:56am On May 19, 2011
The truth of the matter is that we just need between 5 to10 political parties in this country, no more, no less. It just that the large number is being used for you chop i chop(business).
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by GODSON2009(m): 12:15pm On May 19, 2011
de registering political parties is one of the most idiotic actions these clueless people have come up with in recent times,it is not possible to agregate different ideals and political beliefs into a handsful of political parties in a country the population of well over 150 million quote and unquote.
one of the most important guiding ideals of democracy is  for the highest number of demographics in a polity having the freedom to have their say,espouse their beliefs and ideals vote and be voted for maybe they should go and read the human rights charter before showing their ignorance.
this is just the politicians as usual tryng to muzzle any contrasting views and putting up perpetually under their boots, i read an article where remi tinubu said that parties should be deregistered because every tom,dickand harry were coming up to contest for electoral posts and in her opinion this shouldnt be, for a former housewife who was just lucky to be married to tinubu i guess she believes she is in a class of her own
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by queensmith: 5:05pm On May 19, 2011
^^ your more than right, parties shouldnt be deregistered. But then again if they are being funded by the government what is the solution?
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by Ritzzy(f): 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
Please dr,what did u write my niece also gave me hers and i can't find an accurate answer to give her...i have a very long list right now i don't want to disappoint her
Odunnu: Sometime ago my neigbour's son came to me with his takehome assignment and asked for help. I couldnt help instantly. The assignment was
Re: INEC hammer falls: • 52 Political parties (listed) to go, 10 to survive by cbravo(m): 3:47pm On Nov 21, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Forgery: AGF Orders DPP To Try Suspects / Baseless Lies About Property In Igboland / APC Fixes May 24 and 25 For Presidential Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.