Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Understanding How To Clean A Chimney - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Understanding How To Clean A Chimney (231 Views)

Traders At Alaba Rago Marker Rush To Clean-up The Market (Pictures) / Understanding How Facebook Marketplace Works / Understanding How Twitam Social Media Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding How To Clean A Chimney by nashvilleairduc: 11:53am On Aug 02, 2021
Over time, the chimney at home has accumulated contaminants, dirt, and dust, which must be cleaned to guarantee the proper flow of air outside. When left ignored, it can cause great trouble. The report states that the accumulation of creosote, a sticky, gummy by-product of combustion, can lead to house fires. It will be beneficial if you look for chimney cleaning companies near me to hire a professional for the job. But if you have the right tools and are comfortable performing the cleaning yourself, then here’s what you have to do.

Steps to clean a chimney

1. Spread out of a plastic tarp to protect the flooring. Now move ahead to remove the stray and ash from the firebox. Once done, the go-ahead to open the dumper. First, you must isolate the fireplace. Now make use of a thick plastic sheet and good quality tape to seal the fireplace front completely.

2. Generally, homeowners forget about the protective gear while cleaning the chimney. You need to have a set of goggles for eye protection. When you don’t care about protective eyewear, you might have to visit a doctor. Besides, you will also need a good-quality dust mask and a sturdy ladder to get onto the roof.

3. Get rid of any hardware obstructing the chimney top, then use the largest diameter chimney brush from the top down to the smoke shelf. Take your time to do the job with precision. Once you are done sweeping away, replace the hardware and ensure that you have fastened it properly.

4. Give some time for the dust to settle in the firebox. After this, make a small opening right above the firebox. Use a small diameter chimney brush to clean the space. Once done, cover the fireplace again.

Call a professional

Cleaning a chimney at home isn’t easy. You must have the tools and skills to perform the job with precision. Thus, you must call professionals for help. Nashville Air Duct Cleaners is a reputed company that can assist you. They have expert professionals who will deliver you 100% satisfactory services. With their help, you will get a well-cleaned chimney in a short time at an affordable rate. In addition to this, they also offer Mold Remediation in Nashville at a fair rate.
Re: Understanding How To Clean A Chimney by Amely: 12:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
Hey there friends, I dont really understand how to do that. I just bought a fireplace wth a Best Outdoor Firewood Log Rack with Cover and dont even know much how to manage it well. My wife says its not really hard and she can do it herself. Well, anyway I think I will learn everything a lil bit later.
Re: Understanding How To Clean A Chimney by NairalandAngel(m): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
How many people even have chimneys here in Nigeria?
Re: Understanding How To Clean A Chimney by cori908: 8:51am On Apr 07, 2022
NairalandAngel:
How many people even have chimneys here in Nigeria?
I have just the same question grin But as long as I am going to build a house in the Eastern Europe, I think a good chimney is irreplaceable in my case. I saved this NorthlineExpress customer service as these guys are offering the best deals on the market, probably someone is interested, too.

(1) (Reply)

French Language School/ict Centre For Summer - A Job Or Business For You! / Nigeria Named Global Leader In Crypto Usage / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.