Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri (46287 Views)

Throwback: When Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed 46 Acres Of Cocoa Farmland In Ghana / Obiano And His Wife Vote At Eri Primary School Aguleri / Danjuma And Ishaku In US; Insist Fulani Herdsmen Are Killing Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Freebandz365: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2021
Good evening nairalanders

I sell Airtel data at affordable rate

1k=4gb
2k=10gb

Validity=30 days

Please patronize me.
WhatsApp number 08082077444

Thanks and God bless
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Iliya1520: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2021
I can't see the acres that they have destroyed, she be you want blame them with crime that they not committed?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Gerrard59(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2021
tungamaje:
From the pictures provided, those are not Fulani but Igbo or Yoruba. How do we know they are Fulani? Did you ask them who they were or how do we prove it even if they themselves tell told you they were? That's according to some unfortunate folks

Another Yoruba Muslim defending his Fulani lord. How was the swallowed cum from your master? Tasted yummy, right? cheesy
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by onuman: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2021
iamyemiakins:
To revive this country from the menace this government has allowed to thrive over time won't be a little task

Revive what country? How does that stop Fulani herdsmen from destroying farmlands.

Split the country. If majority of the southerners don’t want Nigeria to be split, let them stop complaining about anything Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by CSTRR: 4:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
Buhari govt is a waste of eight years.

Nigeria has retrogressed in so many ways.

I was watching a video on Twitter of fulani bandits flogging a kidnapped man seriously and the man was begging his people to pay up.

This country is less than a jungle. We are just existing.
Anything can happen to anybody at any time.

2023 presidency is of utmost importance.
It is sad that we are not taking it as important as it should.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by CSTRR: 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2021
A major concern of southern Nigeria in 2023 is curtailing fulani incursion.

Any Presidential hopeful that cannot give a cogent answer about that issue without stammering is not for southern interests.

But political correctness, partisan politics and stupidity will not make some people know their real long term interests.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by yusluvad(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2021
No be lie...
iamyemiakins:
To revive this country from the menace this government has allowed to thrive over time won't be a little task
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by freshkpomo(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02, 2021
Orubebe01:
Welcome to the cowcratic system of government, where the live of cattle matters most.
my signature needs your help
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by CSTRR: 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2021
Iliya1520:
I can't see the acres that they have destroyed, she be you want blame them with crime that they not committed?
May Nigeria happen to you.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by freshkpomo(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2021
iamyemiakins:

my signature needs your help
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
Pidginwhisper:
You dey chop leaf? cheesy
Elementary biology teaches that plants feed through the leaves. So anything that's on the leaves invariably gets into the plants. Photo-something
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Kirkman: 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
Seriously I don't pity these millionaire farmers without sense at all. You have millions upon millions to buy hectares of farmland for planting of necessary crops but you can't set aside money to do electric voltage perimeter fencing and CCTV cameras to keep invaders out. When they know fully well the situation of the country and that cows and their illiterate owners are now first class citizens.
You are now coming online to rant and wail, are you expecting Buhari government to compensate you or that we should open a Gofund me page on your behalf? undecided
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by freshkpomo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
CSTRR:

my signature needs your support
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by freshkpomo(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
CSTRR:

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2021
Orkpekyandega:

There are some insecticide combinations that can be harmful to their cattle if applied on your crops. They do not cause any harm to your crops especially when the crops are still at the flowering stage. They pose no harm to humans please.
Ok. I see
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by freshkpomo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
Yusfunoble:
sad

This is very sad. It’s even more frustrating because there’s nothing you can do about it.

I think people should start fencing their farmland. We are sharing country with cows.

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
AuroraB:
You are undermining these herdsmen. Barbed wire fence keh sad
Herdsmen do not go near barbed wire fences because they know their cattle can easily get entangled and get injured or die
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by CSTRR: 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2021
willybaby:
just wanted saying same before I came across your comment, Fulanis herdsmen truly are causing havoc, just like the way non Fulani herdsmen are also causing havoc

The total animal husbandry system of Nigeria is flawed.. goats, pigs, rams etc of neighbours, family and friends are free to roam and destroy..

Nigerians forget north, forget south let's unite once and for all and tackle this thing it above passing laws in state assemblies, laws binding to only Fulanis
This is about Southern interests.

Failing to realise that means you are not serious yet.

Southerners would have to unite and deal with this issue.

Any other unity means you are only reporting the goats to the cows.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by freshkpomo(m): 4:35pm On Aug 02, 2021
WandaNara:
I pity Southerners that see those evil tribe as human beings.

Just imagine Nigeria without hausa/Fulani....

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:36pm On Aug 02, 2021
ppogba:

Perimeter fence for 40 acres?
What ever you plant there will not cover the cost for the next 3 farming seasons.
Second, fencing will not deter those animals in charge of the cows as long as they want to destroy your farm.

It is easy to postulate on Nairaland. Only someone with practical experience can tell you better.

Hmmm. I quite agree with the cost of fencing though.

Not that i'm forming oversabi or blaming the victim. Just that it hurts to see so much investment go to waste because of some barbarians

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2021
greenguy:

Bros, this your comment really hurt me. Do you know if that's the person's life savings plus if any income has come from it? A perimeter fencing around that land will still gulp millions.

I have a friend who has put in the last two years of his life into his farm. About 10 hectres somewhere in Ilorin. Now they've abandoned the farm because of threat from these herdsmen, my guy is now driving Bolt to keep up.

Yet the president up there is doing nothing?

I'm sorry if I hurt you. That's not my intention and I do agree that fencing should not be a prerequisite to having a farm ordinarily. Just that, what else can one say since these guys are now above the law. I'm just pained to see such massive investment go down the drain cause of some barbarians
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by OBALOLA55(m): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2021
Monogamy:
40 acres?

Make una dey lie small small now.. Na 5,000 cows graze the farm?

Annoying part, this fake news would make FP

Let's be sometimes be logical

Hian
LALASTICLALA MONOGAMY SAID THAT YOU ARE LYINGsad
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Gambit23: 4:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
Cholls:
My brother Fulani news again... [img]https://media1./images/531078c8c1fba1861bdd7602c91cae9b/tenor.gif?itemid=20048643[/img]

More like fulani terrorists.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by CSTRR: 4:51pm On Aug 02, 2021
Those people suggesting insecticides don't know how dangerous and vengeful fulanis can be.

The only viable solution is wire fences.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by GboyegaD(m): 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2021
Monogamy:
40 acres?

Hian

You should apply logic first. What right has a marauder into someone else's property irrespective of the size?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by CSTRR: 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2021
2023 presidency is of the utmost importance.

I can't stress it enough.

This is not the time to play partisan politics especially when you are not invited to the high table where they share money.

Any president that cannot give us a definite and viable plan to contain fulani banditry is an enemy.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by willybaby(m): 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2021
CSTRR:

This is about Southern interests.

Failing to realise that means you are not serious yet.

Southerners would have to unite and deal with this issue.

Any other unity means you are only reporting the goats to the cows.
saying this means you know nothing about Nigeria, do you think everybody up north is Fulani or what, we have Hausa, kanuri etc farmers up north suffering also from this livestock plague just as we have Igbos, Yorubas etc suffering down south.. no part of this country is enjoying
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by ppogba: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Hmmm. I quite agree with the cost of fencing though.

Not that i'm forming oversabi or blaming the victim. Just that it hurts to see so much investment go to waste because of some barbarians

That is why farming in Nigeria is not all about what people come to say on radio or television. People will always tell you the good side and I can tell you from experience that for every good side they sell to you, there are about five bad side to it.
Farming in Nigeria is more complicated than all what they will tell you. Trust me.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by delpee(f): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2021
Monogamy:
40 acres?

Hian

If herds of cattle pass through everyday, won't the farm be totally ruined within a short while?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by thecommunist(m): 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2021
Why can't you just spray poison on the plants and let all the cows die after eating it. It will teach them to keep thier cows away from ppls farm!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri by Monogamy: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2021
delpee:

If herds of cattle pass through everyday, won't the farm be totally ruined within a short while?

30 football pitch right?

Is the owner of the farm out the country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dieziani's Arrest: Why Buhari Should Not Be Hailed / Bode George Has Promised To Leave Nigeria Soonest Over Buhari's Win / Lai Mohammed On Lekki Shootings: DJ Switch Will Be Exposed Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.