Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest (60857 Views)

Oni Was A Chief Priest / Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by focus7: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2021
South East the land of all manners of idol worshipping and na dem carry church put for head past.

Nothing go happen, if I come your land I will kill your snake god and cook the meet for pepper soup and still invite your chief priest to a snake dinner. Before he realize that he has eaten his God the meat would have landed in stomach washed down with palm wine from Okoro

1 Like

Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by pharmagba: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2021
Story for the gods
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by akdjr(m): 8:58am On Aug 03, 2021
Africans to you has a nonsense believe, yet you were brainwashed to believe that someone who was killed and buried rose again from his grave cos some people dream of him and that he died to redeem you from sin and will still come back to earth. Tell me which look more nonsense to you? Although I haven't read more about the historical sacred of the python in the south east, but from a similar historical narrative I have read about a particular clan in Edo state who don't eat or kill a particular snake was simply how the snake defended and protect them against invaders in the olden days. There are so many historical wars, killings that happened in the past where God in a mysterious way protect people from external attack and Africans in appreciations would decide to start worshipping God through whatever means God has rescue them. In similar vein, the staff of Moses described in Bible and Koran became a sacred staff that was passed from generation to generation. quote author=ChiefSosa post=104359599]Africa and some nonsense beliefs. They should gerrarahere joor. We need to get rid of some of these nonsense beliefs; it sounds moronic, especially in the 21st century.
It's mentally insulting. Try explaining some of these beliefs to educated and well exposed people, & watch how moronic you'll appear. U go be like fool_for their eye.

In as much as Pythons do not naturally attack humans, but not everyone is aware or would just let a python be moving around freely. Those students acted in self defense; the gods should understand. Look at the huge snake sef

I wonder why a chief priest is in a relationship with a python, when we have beautiful girls at Owerri.

*sigh*
Always using negative events to justify their juju. Issues at work site like this happen everyday. They happened before a python was killed; happened after the python was killed and it's still going to happen in future times.
We've also seen several white contractors that kicked away sacrifices dropped at sites, did anything happen to them??

Oga chief priest, the goats, fowl, fish, snail etc that you have been eating and drinking beer after, were they aggressive? Did they harm anybody? So, why did you now kill and even eat them?
If it's forbidden to kill snakes in such community, then you shouldn't let such snakes be wandering about. Get good animal protection program. Have snake catchers available. This is Nigeria, where MOST people are scared of snakes and don't even know which is venomous or not. Me any snake wey I see, I dey murder am straight.

modify:
My Gen suddenly went off, I guess their juju is already working on me grin
modified again:
Due to my love for the students and the fact that my Gen suddenly went off; I've agreed to go and appease oga chief priest and the gods. I'll wear a white singlet, tie a wrapper and hold a white handkerchief to do the traditional dance in the market square, while some men are playing the flute. I shall dance vigorously to impress Oga chief priest, till my generator will come back on. If you don't hear from me in some days, just know I've gone to owerri to go and dance. grin [/quote]
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by duro4chang(m): 9:00am On Aug 03, 2021
Polynek:
Wetin Dem want school management to do exactly now?
To give money that will be used to buy all they want to use to appease their gods.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by LegalWolf: 9:01am On Aug 03, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Africa and some nonsense beliefs. They should gerrarahere joor. We need to get rid of some of these nonsense beliefs; it sounds moronic, especially in the 21st century.
It's mentally insulting. Try explaining some of these beliefs to educated and well exposed people, & watch how moronic you'll appear. U go be like fool_for their eye.

In as much as Pythons do not naturally attack humans, but not everyone is aware or would just let a python be moving around freely. Those students acted in self defense; the gods should understand. Look at the huge snake sef

I wonder why a chief priest is in a relationship with a python, when we have beautiful girls at Owerri.

*sigh*
Always using negative events to justify their juju. Issues at work site like this happen everyday. They happened before a python was killed; happened after the python was killed and it's still going to happen in future times.
We've also seen several white contractors that kicked away sacrifices dropped at sites, did anything happen to them??

Oga chief priest, the goats, fowl, fish, snail etc that you have been eating and drinking beer after, were they aggressive? Did they harm anybody? So, why did you now kill and even eat them?
If it's forbidden to kill snakes in such community, then you shouldn't let such snakes be wandering about. Get good animal protection program. Have snake catchers available. This is Nigeria, where MOST people are scared of snakes and don't even know which is venomous or not. Me any snake wey I see, I dey murder am straight.

modify:
modified again:
Due to my love for the students and the fact that my Gen suddenly went off; I've agreed to go and appease oga chief priest and the gods. I'll wear a white singlet, tie a wrapper and hold a white handkerchief to do the traditional dance in the market square, while some men are playing the flute. I shall dance vigorously to impress Oga chief priest, till my generator will come back on. I will appease the gods and oga chief priest with kola, gin, #500 Mtn card, etc If you don't hear from me in some days, just know I've gone to owerri to go and dance. grin

Brother you dey vex o
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Polynek(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2021
duro4chang:
To give money that will be used to buy all they want to use to appease their gods.
grin grin grin
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by edetic: 9:05am On Aug 03, 2021
Seeksnigeria:

https:///students-who-killed-our-sacred-python-are-in-grave-danger-owerri-chief-priest/
there's no need for anyone to be afraid, the python strayed into the domain of the students to start with, and it had already killed two goats, why will anyone in the right sense spare such a creature, it will always do more harm in future, now the treat of the chief priest is true, the demons will react because that snake is one of the physical bodies they use in gaining legal access to operate in the realm of the physical, at the same time, it does not have the right to oppress any human being that is not its subject, and therefore doesn't worship it.
the word of God says we shall know the truth, and the truth will set us free. the students who took part in the killing of the snake should not be afraid of the devil, they should stand on the word of God, and continue in prayer and fasting, because its not about the killing of the snake, its the spiritual battle that has thus been ignited. if they are afraid because of the threat of the chief priest, obviously, something will happen to them, but if they stand their ground as Christians, they will put the devil to shame. it will be a shame, that there are children of God, and even pastors, and evangelists, on that campus, and the devil is terrorizing them, that's because there's a truth they are ignorant of, and the devil knowing this will take advantage of their ignorance.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by mydivinely: 9:05am On Aug 03, 2021
and the snake could be killed?? ok hope they didn't waste that sweet meat.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by IAMPEDRO: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2021
Seeksnigeria:

https:///students-who-killed-our-sacred-python-are-in-grave-danger-owerri-chief-priest/
What about politicians who had made it possible for you to remain in abject poverty.
If you can take students serious, why not use same strength towards your leaders.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Thesaint141(m): 9:13am On Aug 03, 2021
Empty threat, nothing will happen.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by ThuGGeR147: 9:19am On Aug 03, 2021
Hehehehehe grin
I just dey laff... grin
No kill python ke, see better meat wey go full pot...
Lala let's travel to owerri ooh, that meat must not waste... grin grin
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by richardwarner(m): 9:21am On Aug 03, 2021
Imagine d gibberish am readin in 2021... Who do africa this thing?
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Ashirioluwa: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2021
The python was 70 years old……….. naija I salute
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 03, 2021
Nonsense
Those stuff doesn't exist anymore
Babaric Fools
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by ComeToJesus: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2021
Seeksnigeria:

Owerri people need some illumination. This is balderdash. Some even allow those slithering creatures to crawl and coil up in the bedroom. All these mediaval beliefs have no place in human advancement.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by jimyjames(m): 9:38am On Aug 03, 2021
Mayng01:
Arrant nonsense. When will Africans save themselves from superstitious beliefs. Shame!
Nothing bad in believing in something, some of these Superstitious beliefs are the reason these animals are still existing in Africa , many animals species are annihilated cause Africans See's every animal as meat
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by generalwo(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2021
ChiefSosa:
Africa and some nonsense beliefs. They should gerrarahere joor. We need to get rid of some of these nonsense beliefs; it sounds moronic, especially in the 21st century.

*sigh*

modify:
modified again:
Due to my love for the students and the fact that my Gen suddenly went off; I've agreed to go and appease oga chief priest and the gods. I'll wear a white singlet, tie a wrapper and hold a white handkerchief to do the traditional dance in the market square, while some men are playing the flute. I shall dance vigorously to impress Oga chief priest, till my generator will come back on. I will appease the gods and oga chief priest with kola, gin, #500 Mtn card, etc If you don't hear from me in some days, just know I've gone to owerri to go and dance. grin
..... Country wen never get human protection program finish, make them get animal protection program..... Oga culture na culture.... How would you feel if those people claim the lives of students or foreigners in the community for sacrifice? Yes, it's the same way they feel about killing a python..... A python killed 2 goats and they are scared and acted in self defense and killed the python.... When did they turn to goats? And what are goats looking for on a campus abi students Don dey rear goats? They should do the needful..... I believe in God too but even the bible says, give what belongs to Cesar to Cesar and what belongs to God, to God....
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Jaykrown: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2021
Hmmm... And this python we dey see for ground na 70 years old? God dey.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by gbengaadeleye12: 9:43am On Aug 03, 2021
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Clintonchiedzie(m): 9:57am On Aug 03, 2021
[quote author=newdawn2017 post=104372889]Harmless ke?? shocked Are u kidding?? Isn't it tabular muscles that constriction??[/shay the snake na your pet hold]
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by tolguy(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2021
barbarism
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Clintonchiedzie(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2021
newdawn2017:
Harmless ke?? shocked Are u kidding?? Isn't it tabular muscles that constriction??[/shay the snake na your pet hold][quote]
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Czarugo007: 10:05am On Aug 03, 2021
Snake go thief goat,they kill am,wetin concern us.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Litmus: 10:09am On Aug 03, 2021
The python and other such totems mean more than the chief could explain, they’re also symbolic of order within which there a rights of passage. For the sake of foreign notions of society we cannot simply do away with out primordial cultural norms and values, doing so leads to feral youths, undisciplined men and the chaotic society. For related reasons, wars in many African nations lead after to ferial youth culture. Same phenomena aeries in Ghettos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc_-pYXdZc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5gUQ6fTR3Q
Feral youths
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:09am On Aug 03, 2021
Bullshit undecided
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 03, 2021
Idiotmod:
The gods they can kill easily, is that god?

grin grin
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Okudiover(m): 10:23am On Aug 03, 2021
What if the python was killed by soldiers at a barracks? Will the chief priest go there to warn them?
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Misterone: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2021
A people who claim to be Jews worshipping snakes! The bible tells us that Jews and snakes are to be enemies forever, so where does this come from? Also it is a big lie that you don't kill on your festival days lies and liars. we saw two human heads placed on a table along the road on that day. IPOB beheaders.

1 Like

Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Profayo: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2021
Mayng01:
Arrant nonsense. When will Africans save themselves from superstitious beliefs. Shame!

Africans are not the only one with beliefs that you call superstitious.In Britain, the number 13 is believed to be associated with bad luck and many hotels, hospital wards in britain don't have room 13. Also go and read about May dip in St Andrews Scotland, it is believed that jumping into the river on may 1 each year brings you Goodluck in exams. Free your mind from Inferiority complex
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by alexmakaay(m): 10:36am On Aug 03, 2021
Those students involved MUST come from G1 hostel . Na there you can get all manner of rascals.
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by Misterone: 11:11am On Aug 03, 2021
generalwo:
..... Country wen never get human protection program finish, make them get animal protection program..... Oga culture na culture.... How would you feel if those people claim the lives of students or foreigners in the community for sacrifice? Yes, it's the same way they feel about killing a python..... A python killed 2 goats and they are scared and acted in self defense and killed the python.... When did they turn to goats? And[b] what are goats looking for on a campus abi students Don dey rear goats?[/b] They should do the needful..... I believe in God too but even the bible says, give what belongs to Cesar to Cesar and what belongs to God, to God....
let's follow a lead from your logic; what is a snake doing on a campus, na zoo? abi the school don turn to forest!
Re: Students Who Killed Our Sacred Python Are In Grave Danger – Owerri Chief Priest by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:12am On Aug 03, 2021
This news is old. The school has organized a funeral for the python according to traditions. I don't know how true the things they said in this post is, but some of my friends in that school told me that more than 6 different students saw snakes in their cupboards and rooms the same week the python was killed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

African Presidents And Their Wives(first Ladies) / Prince Ezelekhae Ewuare Poses In His Car As He Arrives Event In Edo (Photos) / Ehinoyi Of Ebira Palace: Okene King's Palace In Kogi State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.