Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman (771 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Brazil Returnee, Intercepts Cocaine In Baby Food At Lagos Airport / Brazilian Returnee Arrested With Cocaine In Private Part / Odiegwu Ekwelarat Arrested With Cocaine In India Attacks Police Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Tinubuadvocate: 8:51am On Aug 03, 2021
OPERATIVES of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency have recovered 35 wraps of cocaine from the underwear of a lady, Edith Okafor, during the outward clearance of passengers on Air Cote d’Ivoire, to Monrovia, Liberia, from the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja, Lagos.

The suspect, who was arrested on Saturday, July 31, 2021, was said to have tucked the pellets of cocaine in her underwear to beat security checks at the airport.

A statement on Sunday by the NDLEA Director of Media and Advocacy, Femi Babafemi, said Okafor was picked up for search and questioning during which the wraps of the illicit drug were found on her.

“During preliminary interview, she claimed that her desire to make money pushed her into drug trafficking,” Babafemi said.

Another suspect, Echendu Maduakolam, an intending passenger heading for Istanbul was arrested at the Gate ‘A’ departure hall of the MMIA on Tuesday, July 27, during the outward clearance of Egypt Air passengers to Turkey with 78grams of cannabis mixed with dried bitter leaves.

On the same day, another intending male passenger, Egbon Osarodion, who was on his way to Milan, Italy, was arrested at the Gate ‘A’ departure hall during the outward clearance of passengers on Egypt Air with different quantities of 225 mg Tramadol and Rohypnol concealed in foil papers wrapped in a polyethylene bag.

Bags of drugs seized in Niger
Bags of drugs seized in Niger
Similarly, operatives of the Kontagora Area Command of the agency, acting on credible intelligence, in the early hours of Thursday, July 29, 2021, raided a warehouse at Mailefe village in the Kontagora Local Government Area of Niger State, where drug supplies for bandits operating in parts of the state were stored.

After a thorough search of the warehouse, 125 bags of cannabis sativa were recovered, while a man seen praying in front of the warehouse fled into the forest when he sighted the narcotic officers from afar.

The Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA, Brig Gen Buba Marwa (retd.), commended the commanders, officers and men of the MMIA and Niger State commands for their continued efforts in tracking down traffickers of illicit drugs in their areas of responsibility.

He charged them and their counterparts in other commands to remain focused and resolute in pursuit of the goal to rid Nigeria of illicit substances and drug related criminalities.

https://punchng.com/quest-for-money-pushed-me-into-concealing-cocaine-in-underwear-woman/

Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by dawnomike(m): 8:55am On Aug 03, 2021
Quest to live above her means...
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by PrinceOfLagos: 8:55am On Aug 03, 2021
Say no to crime

Even Tinubu is regretting his actions of yesterday's
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Atiwaye: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2021
I'm saying this every day state of emergency should be declare in southeast. 1 million igbo are already in prison at the different country.
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by OkuFaba(m): 9:03am On Aug 03, 2021
Igbo Amaka..

Na who dem catch be criminal..
If you know you know..

Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by SmartPolician: 9:03am On Aug 03, 2021
Atiwaye:
I'm saying this every day state of emergency should be declare in southeast. 1 million igbo are already in prison at the different country.

@the emboldened, how's that your business?

You should be more concerned about fixing your miserable life.

Go and declare the state of emergency yourself!

1 Like

Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Abdul05: 9:13am On Aug 03, 2021
A won omoyeebo grin grin Na their badge be dat
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Flyingngel(m): 9:13am On Aug 03, 2021
The quest for material things has push many Nigerians into unworthy ventures. Trying to impress human beings is the bend of corruption in the Nigeria.
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Atiwaye: 9:17am On Aug 03, 2021
It concerned me because you are giving Nigeria bad name.
SmartPolician:

@the emboldened, how's that your business?

You should be more concerned about fixing your miserable life.

Go and declare the state of emergency yourself!
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Mintyguy(m): 9:17am On Aug 03, 2021
There is a strong need to embark on value reorientation in this country. The quest for insatiable wealth is fast destroying this nation and I fear for the coming generation
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Maxymilliano(m): 9:18am On Aug 03, 2021
The suspect, who was arrested on Saturday, July 31, 2021, was said to have tucked the pellets of cocaine in her underwear to beat security checks at the airport.

The future is shocked

Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by SmartPolician: 9:20am On Aug 03, 2021
Atiwaye:
It concerned me because you are giving Nigeria bad name.

Nigeria get good image?

Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by SmartPolician: 9:46am On Aug 03, 2021
Mintyguy:
There is a strong need to embark on value reorientation in this country. The quest for insatiable wealth is fast destroying this nation and I fear for the coming generation

I agree completely. However, it has to start with the leaders. Leadership is everything because they give direction. What happens in Nigeria today is a result of leadership failure. If we can get our leadership right, the followers will follow suit.

The National Orientation Agency was set up for information dissemination and enlightenment. Funnily enough, they have been crying that the government doesn't finance their activities.
Re: Quest For Money Pushed Me Into Concealing Cocaine In Underwear –woman by Atiwaye: 10:52am On Aug 03, 2021
That's sorry state your tribe men put the country
SmartPolician:

Nigeria get good image?

Yeye dey smell

(1) (Reply)

Scores Injured, Property Destroyed As Gunmen Seize Anambra Community / Prof. Banji Akintoye : Declare Miyetti Allah terrorist organisation / The JQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.