Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,520 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

I'd Like To Realize A Vision Of A Simple MMORTS Spreadsheet Game. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'd Like To Realize A Vision Of A Simple MMORTS Spreadsheet Game. (161 Views)

How To Build A Simple Search Engine Using Html Css And Javascript / I Need A Passionate Programmer With A Vision. / A Simple Tic-tac-toe Game Using Javafx (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I'd Like To Realize A Vision Of A Simple MMORTS Spreadsheet Game. by Lysandre: 12:30pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hi, I used to play a very flawed game but because the core concept was so attractive the player-base kept coming back to it. I mulled it over and figured that I could fix the errors with the game design and improve it. Free of these errors I feel that It can be a profitable undertaking and I do not believe it would take too much to do, so I have decided to gather a small team to undertake this project. That game is close to 15 years now and it is still chugging along despite the poor implementation which in my opinion is a testament to the strength of the core concept.

It is a space opera spreadsheet game. If you've ever heard of EVE-online it is a very scaled-down implementation of the same general thing but more MMORTS than an economy builder and entirely browser-based. I don't intend this to be nor do I think it is going to be a major undertaking so anyone who has any interest and some spare time should consider it. I'd like the aid of the following:

1: Someone who can code. It will be a browser-based spreadsheet game so anyone who feels they can do that should message me.
2: Someone who can do digital art. Not pixel art or anything, there won't be any moving animations at this juncture. Some relatively low-resolution pictures of spaceships, different types of planetary bodies, and simple background art that would help with the ambiance would suffice.
3: Someone who can help fund a small server, and eventually advertisements. We Will originally just need to host like ten people that I used to play that other game with for maybe an hour to do a test run and if they think it captures the appeal of the genre then we can do something bigger to host a few hundred players.

This shouldn't be your main thing. I am working on beginning a master's program next year myself.

(1) (Reply)

Learn About New Technologies And It's Benefit Here 50/100 / You Need A Website For Your Business / Quantity Buttons For Woocommerce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.