Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit (16499 Views)

Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS / Africa Countries That Started And Completed Their Rail Mass Transit After Lagos / Lagos Rail Mass Transit (LRMT) Construction In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by naptu2: 7:07pm On Aug 03, 2021
LASG ANNOUNCES TRAFFIC DIVERSION AT MARINA FOR LAGOS RAIL MASS TRANSIT (BLUE LINE)

The Lagos State Government has announced the diversion of traffic along the National Theatre/Marina axis from Monday, 9th August 2021, for a duration of 221 days.

Commissioner for Transportation, Dr. Frederic Oladeinde, who made the announcement through a release issued on Tuesday, assured that a robust Traffic Management Plan (TMP) has been prepared to ensure the safety of motorists and construction personnel during the exercise.

He said the TMP will address the impact of construction work on traffic and subsequently eliminate traffic-related issues.

Oladeinde explained further that the construction will involve both sides of the road respectively, pointing out that some of the work will be done simultaneously due to the nature of a few aspects of the construction project.

He also stated that motorists will be diverted during the construction work to the descending ramp of Ebute-Ero to link Marina Ring Road through a diversion point, hinting that traffic would also be diverted to Chapel Street along Apongbon to access Broad Street.

The Commissioner gave an assurance that traffic signs and temporary barriers will be mounted along the affected axis to guide motorists on movement during the course of the construction, revealing that the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) will be available to ensure the safety of motorists and easy access to their destinations.

While commending Lagosians for their endurance and cooperation during the execution of various ongoing projects in the State, Oladeinde maintained that the exercise will result in transportation that is conducive for seamless commercial activities and the existence of relevant infrastructure to meet the needs of road users.

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4406410459380186&id=492378324116772

3 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by seborrhic: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2021
221 days?
That's almost a year!
Who does that for a mega city!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by johncallidon(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
No be small things...

2 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by sylve11: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
If you haven't seen your wife smile at a traffic cop, you haven't seen her smile her prettiest....cool

2 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by investorMK(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
It's too much

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by arejibadz(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
Lagos Jus to Day overated

4 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by Mallamjp(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
Close to a year. Hmmmm no be here ooooo
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
Slow and steady, we will get to the country of our dreams.

All the states in Nigeria should infact understudy Lagos State in all departments.

Lagos State : The State of Firsts!

A country within a country!

Dem MANNA, AKA da truth in da building.

Truth is not bitter, just that people are bitter to the truth........

richmanrichard:
A COUNtry within a ZOO
We believe only animals live in a zoo!
So your comment is not surprising to sane members here.
Now Nairalanders know know who you are.
Replying you further will only amount to waste of precious time and space kiddo tongue
Live with it cool

God bless Lagos State.

God bless Nigeria.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by Virginkpekus(f): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
Spent almost 4 hours on the road today because of this!! More suffering waits me for the next 221 days �

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by folatimpson(m): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
That's serious
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by krebdawise(m): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
That Lagos dey overrated.... Anytime am in Lag, I dey feel some pain for my head...
All the noise, death, traffic and shit ehn ...
cry

Hit me up for your graphic design... I'll always give you the best....

10 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by oluwaseyi0: 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
Going by African time, that's a full year or more

3 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by Ombudsman1: 7:18pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by sabsemmy: 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by ableguy(m): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2021
Traffic on that axis is becoming unbearable these days, I will be avoiding that route for the meantime

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by harmony75: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2021
OK
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by Nickshrapnel: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2021
seborrhic:
221 days?
That's almost a year!
Who does that for a mega city!!
What would you have them do?

5 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by RedEnergy: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2021
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by aremuforlife(m): 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
Lagos state is a moving train that can never be stopped

4 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by Kobicove(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
Driving through that route will be a nightmare in the coming months as a result of this sad

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by RedEnergy: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
ableguy:
Traffic on that axis is becoming unbearable these days, I will be avoiding that route for the meantime
And 1 million other car users are thinking the same thing, avoiding the route, so it will affect other routes surely. LASG always suffering road users with their never-ending incompetence

3 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by MadeInTokyo: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
Another traffic loading.
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by BritishAirways: 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
It's a welcome development

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by Doubleoh7: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2021
I just wonder who these people consult with before taking these decisions. Parts of this Marina as of today are already blocked to traffic because of construction work, now you want to do another 221 days in the same axis, Eko Bridge is still partially locked as we speak. Spending countless productive manhours in traffic

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by kolakolex: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2021
No pain, No gain.

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by Kingcalls: 7:33pm On Aug 03, 2021
I will remain on the island then...no reason for mainland till the construction is over just like I did during 3rd mainland bridge

4 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by kolakolex: 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2021
krebdawise:
That Lagos dey overrated.... Anytime am in Lag, I dey feel some pain for my head...
All the noise, death, traffic and shit ehn ...
cry

Hit me up for your graphic design... I'll always give you the best....

I still dey imagine how people wey dey there dey enjoy their life...Lagos stress fit kill person
Re: LASG Announces Traffic Diversion At Marina For Lagos Rail Mass Transit by dejonathan(f): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
What would you have them do?
U better leave that one...
Maybe them for dey use plane airlift the cars or make them dey do railway in the midnight

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tipper Lorry Smashes Car In Benin City / United Airline To Stop Flights To Nigeria / The Dilapidated State Of Isu Okoma Roads In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.