Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Our Organization Teaches Children To Love And Care For Animals - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Our Organization Teaches Children To Love And Care For Animals (149 Views)

Pellet Machine For Animals Feeds / These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our Organization Teaches Children To Love And Care For Animals by Agricwatch: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2021
By Lucy Ekpenyong

Chiemeka Chiedozie, an Executive Director of The Humane Global Network, an organization that cares for animals in Nigeria. He is Nigerian Representative for Animals and Environment, a certified body by the Africa Network for Animal Welfare ANAW in Kenya, and accredited by the United Nations for Environment.

Few years ago, he was World Animal Day Ambassador for Nigeria and Nigerian Representative for Direct Action Everywhere and Animal Bill of Rights in the US. Chiedozie has attended score of animal care related conferences organized by ANAW in Kenya and Ethiopia. He is an observer and member participant for the World Federation for Animals, world Animal Net, Animal Advocacy, Africa, Heart Network, Humane Education Coalition etc.

Recently, his organization has partnered different animal welfare organizations in Africa and across the continent, and became a reliable platform upon which he promotes animal welfare in Nigeria, especially to children below the ages of 19 years.

His mission is to impart knowledge on the children, and guide them to love and ensure that animals receive proper care, treatment and respect, and endeavor to create awareness among the public about animal exploitation and abuse issues, have relevant information about the animal kingdom. About 200 schools have benefited immensely from this project in the last ten years, especially schools in Alimosho Area in Lagos state.

Given his ability in encouraging children to love and care for Animals, the Society for the Welfare of Animal in Ghana had invited him to showcase his rich animal project in Ghana, and has got support from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals PETA and Animal Aid, UK in term of resource materials.

Chiemeka who prefers to be called Animal activist has been featured in national media platforms, Animal Times Magazine in the US and in other animal related magazines.

(1) (Reply)

Day Old Chicks / A Day, Month, Year I Would Never Forget..in My Farming Experience / Best Way To Feed Cat Fish For Rearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.