Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:55 AM

Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! (2478 Views)

Man Was Told To Solve This Moral Dilemma In An Interview. His Answer's Genius. / Access Bank Plc Inbetweeners Programme 2015 / Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by bruce(m): 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2007
My Good News and Dilemma.

I got an sms this morning from Access Bank asking me to come collect my Offer of Employment letter and proceed to the training School on Monday, 23rd. This is sequel to an interview with the MD last week grin smiley.

This morning I was reliably informed by an insider that I passed the IB Plc interview which took place last week grin smiley.

This is in addition to the PeoplePrime's Graduate Recruitment Fair I am due to attend on the 26th and 27th in Lagos.

This morning also, I got a call from home that my paternal grandma just passed on. My Dad is late and since I am the first son my presence is required cry cry.

I am a kind of confused. My dream bank is Intercontinental Bank but theres' take a lot more time. I should be expecting my offer after medicals(which will take like 3weeks to 1month) in say 2months time or more.

Access bank's training last for 4months before which you must have signed the 2years Bond - with a surety worth not less than 1million in his/her account - not to leave the bank until after that 2 years. That condition and lack of accommodation during training is really making me think twice.

People say that "a bird at hand is worth 2 in the bush"

What does the house advice me to do? I really need and will appreciate your candid suggestions and advices so I don't make a wrong move.

In everything, TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY!!!

Thanks in anticipation and God bless.
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by fesse(f): 5:32pm On Jul 18, 2007
my dear will rater say let the death take careof their member.access bank is good for you. pls take their offer.their pay for entry level is good.
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by Dayveed: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2007
if you are very sure of the insider then wait for ib but if not my brother pls go for your training.
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by khris(m): 5:45pm On Jul 18, 2007
Bruce this is just my personal opinion. If i were you i will go for IBplc,since this is where your heart lies.Also you must have had some personal conviction that made you to still prefer IBplc where your already have an offer at hand.Another thing is to  make sure your source of info is correct about your passing IBPLC interview so that you dont lose both.Moreover IBplc training lasts for six weeks though someboby was saying it is now two months,also i heard they reviewed their salary recently.This is just my humble and personal opinion.The final decision lies with you.
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by deyour(f): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2007
I think you dont have to submit the bond for access bank does not have to be submitted till you leave training school, so i think you can start training school , and continue processing the Ib till you are given your employment letter.

I think Congratulations are in order
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by bruce(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2007
Thank you guys. I need more views pls
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by babe4real(f): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2007
hi bruce,

i will advice u wait 4 IBplc since dat where u heart lies , d conditions wit access bank is so much dat u cant wit stand.

IBplc is d bank all man wants 2 belong to, the condition wit dem is just d target wich is being given 2 all and i believe will God u will meet it up. Man !!! relax and wait 4 d best.

''HAPPY BANK , HAPPY PEOPLE''. Dat's IBplc.
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by drokiri(m): 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2007
hello bobo BRUCE,
i am also a trainee in access bank. u can still hold your bond letter for up to two months before you will be asked to submit. but i must tell you the streess is much at the training school. if you dont have accounting background , you may find it a little difficult. so if you wish to leave b4 completing the training, u wont submit your bond on time so that you can MOVE ON to where evr you wish to go.
ALL THE BEST
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by onmakpo: 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2007
GO FOR ACCESS BANK TRAINING WHILE WAITING FOR IB PLC.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by Johnny(m): 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2007
Your own better.
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by bruce(m): 7:25pm On Jul 23, 2007
@fesse, dayveed, Khris, deyour, babe4real, drokiri, onmakpo, konti and johny.

what can i do without people like you! thanks a great deal for your wonderful contributions. i appreciate every bit of it.
first i will say am sure of my source. so i dont have adoubt about whether i passed or not.

secondly is that I have decided to go with the advice of majority and out of my own conviction that it will be the best thing to do. As a result, am now in lagos for Access Bank training. While there, am fervantly praying that IB PLC will hasten up before the expiration of 2 months.

Thanks and wish u all well. hope to get back to you all cos am out of time

one love
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by tunji370: 11:09am On Jul 24, 2007
Hello House,
This site is just to wonderfull, constructive and purposefull.Congrats to u Bruce and sorry on ur granMa death.later in future I know u will look back at all this and have all reasons to give thanks to God.
I need some info concerning where u had ur interview with inter and when.Access bank has the best training programme and thats why ETs are bonded,because it makes u very marketable in the industry and u could be snatched away.presently the take home is 121k making it highest paid untill the resent inters overtaking 2wks ago.
Inter should be anybodies dream bank to work with and bank with.presently the ets new 2.5m is HOT!!!. my take is go for access training pending when u will b called for inter, look at what u will gain interms of knowlegde and contacts.
take care.
Tunji
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by Matured26(m): 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2007
All has been said
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by pages(f): 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2007
@Bruce. First of all congratulations. I will say you go for the Access Bank trainning - you don't stand to loose anything. If and when the Ib plc offer comes then you can leave the trainning. I know the entry level for Ib Plc is about 98k and come end of this august the salary is going to be increased by 55%. But what I cant say is if the new entrants will enjoy this too. Also ask for God's direction since everything isnt about money
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by bruce(m): 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2007
@Tunji370
Thanks for you advice. I had the interview in PH because that is where I wrote the test ( on the 17th March, 07). My interview date was the 11th of this month(July), precisely 2weeks ago.

@Pages & Matured26
Thanks too for your contributions. i appreciate every bit of it.

I have actually commenced training with Access pending on what will come out of Inter.

Access Receiving Cvs now

If you have a 2.1 and you are not above 27, hurry and submit your Cv to any of their regional offices in PH or Abuja or their Hqtrs in lagos before friday as they will be conducting tests soonest.

Thanks, Good Luck and One Love!!!
Re: Help: IntercontinentalBank Plc Or Access Bank? Am In A Dilemma!!! by bruce(m): 10:05pm On Aug 08, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Have You Been Employed By Surep? / Dg-consult / Workforce Calls For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.