Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed (11650 Views)

FG Moves To Replace Striking Doctors With Ad-hoc Staff / The 10 Demands By Striking Doctors — And ‘FGs Responses So Far’ / Replace Striking Doctors With Corpers - Ehanire, Minister Of Health To Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Nobody: 8:04am On Aug 04, 2021
Dextre:

If your ass wasn’t so corrupt too, why demand for a fake medical report

I see 2 future corrupt doctors.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 04, 2021
emapeteum:
Medical. Doctors should consideration the salary earnings of others.always asking for more will not solve your problem.hiw much did these doctors pay for their training compare to American trained doctors.Most of these doctors paid close to nothing in Nigerian Universities,in addition to a number of scholarship.am not supporting the government,but doctors should not place money first,you choose to study medicine...to safe lives not make so much money.

1.American trained docs pay higher because their government does not subsidise educaiton like we do

2.And even then medical students in Nigeria pay higher than average students...we spend longer in school , and we pay additional fees like fees for field trip, lab work, etc. (Also in my university,for example, we medicos paid higher accommodation fees, in return for the university guaranteeing us accommodation for the duration of our studies in school. Ouch). In private school it is worse.(Babcock medical students pay higher than other students.)

3.My comrades are not asking for million naira salaries...just better conditions of service, and better conditions for the patients by extension.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Sonoyom(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2021
Wike and his thuggish tendency, employ more doctors to ease the stress of the resident doctors you are talking about 'no work, no pay' bullshit.
Rivers State civil service is understaffed, the teachers employed by the previous administration have not been promoted and it's over 8yrs now, doctors are becoming depressed because of excessive workload, and this stvpid one is talk about 'no work, no pay'.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by colestephan86: 8:10am On Aug 04, 2021
inoki247:
lol Rivers state and Kaduna na same type of Governor dey rule dem...
But these people needed to be handled accordingly na.
Any little thing strick.
Wike won't take it from them.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by dumiel: 8:25am On Aug 04, 2021
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Return-to-work-within-24-hours-or-be-dismissed-Rivers-tells-striking-doctors

me I be no fan of Wike as he's no different in attitude like d typical Naija politician but when I see a just cause, I reason first then analyse before typing rubbish like others do here all in da name of petty sentiments. We shd all ask oursevs if we were in Wike's shoes, would we fold our arms n watch innocent souls die by d minute? Especially, when he's not owing his workers as claimed by him.

i even read a lame post above from som1 comparing Wike's threats to d actions of El-Rufai as regards d same offshoot of NMA. I decided to pass becoz he cud be just anoda doc alwys trying to justify whatever they do irrespective of d circumstances.

truth is, it doesn't make any sense to embark on an indefinite sympathetic strike when u are not being owed! end of story!! And when it comes to renumeration, it's not just d docs that are underpaid in d health sector, d nurses, pharmacists, radiographers, lab scientists up to d support staff are all poorly paid as well. na known fact d thing be.. but these set of people even dare not try this incessant strike shit becos I can still remember vividly d last time they did under d body of JOHESU to fight for their rights, Drs Ngige & Adewole were d ones used to truncate d whole agitation & cease their salaries for d period they refused to work up till today, under d guise of no-work-no-pay..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by PrisonEscapee(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2021
Dextre:

If your ass wasn’t so corrupt too, why demand for a fake medical report
I never said I wasn't corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Ghostrye: 8:56am On Aug 04, 2021
descarado:

You guys are worst than politicians.

Sometimes I don't pity you guys at all.

Unless you are a teenager, look at what an adult is spewing.

When they say we have low IQ, this is one of the reasons. Emotional tantrum.
first off, it is worse not worst,
secondly I do not need your pity, neither does your pity help me a single bit.
finally you are either simply dumb or just plain wicked if you think doctors asking to get paid are lazy.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Kinematics: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2021
quentin06:

So if he is not to pay them, why is he threatening them?

Please read and understand. The resident doctors under Rivers State University Teaching Hospital went on strike in solidarity with resident doctors in a federal government facility aka University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital that are owed.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Kinematics: 9:09am On Aug 04, 2021
PrisonEscapee:

[s]Every party involved are a bunch of corrupt crooks.
The black man is mentally unfit to govern himself. [/s]

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Indispensable85(m): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2021
Tyrant like buhari
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by PrisonEscapee(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=Kinematics post=104411240][/quote]
Is that your father's picture?. I spit on his bald head.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by PrisonEscapee(m): 9:17am On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=Kinematics post=104411240][/quote]

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 04, 2021
Kinematics:

Please read and understand. The resident doctors under Rivers State University Teaching Hospital went on strike in solidarity with resident doctors in a federal government facility aka University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital that are owed.

Strike is strike, they shud havevsaid they want to embark on 3 day solidarity strike, but went about it like a full blown unprovoked strike.Don't blame the governor for reacting.
At least compared to FG he try pass.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by toyobabie: 9:38am On Aug 04, 2021
Carpenters will do... grin grin grin
adioolayi:
...and you will replace sacked Drs with tailors Nonsense grin grin grin
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by 2theoptimist: 9:39am On Aug 04, 2021
Some people are calling doctors lazy. How dare you?. Am not a medical doctor but mhen give this guys a break. Can any of you work without being paid. For Governor Wike let him sack them sebi he has plenty doctors in his family that he can employ. The little doctors you have, you are threatening them. If they truly pay them, why should they strike. Nigeria is the only country where I doctors and lecturers strike. These people are key to our lives. What a sad situation we find ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Soki234: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2021
mannobi:
Some people are just naturally wicked. Why would some people put others lives at risk because you are sympathising with employees of another organisation.
Lazy docs.
Have you ever heard TVC staff going on strike because AIT is owing its staff?
Lazy and wicked docs.

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by otokx(m): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2021
So it appears resident doctors are really being owed in Rivers State. Is it that the governor was not properly briefed?
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by macdominic22: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2021
mannobi:
Some people are just naturally wicked. Why would some people put others lives at risk because you are sympathising with employees of another organisation.
Lazy docs.
Lazy and wicked docs.

You are a fool,you know what I pray to happen to you,that you meet a really really lazy and wicked doctor,then you will understand
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Soki234: 11:32am On Aug 04, 2021
otokx:
So it appears resident doctors are really being owed in Rivers State. Is it that the governor was not properly briefed?

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by evansjeff(m): 11:36am On Aug 04, 2021
Kinematics:

See mumu. Its your darling bubu that's owing the doctors. Next time read before commenting rubbish..

Exactly typical of dímwįts like you. Leaving the topic of interest. Anyways there’s no point replying these children that have taken over Nairaland. It wasn’t this bad before, all we have now is too many kids on this forum and I blame the owners
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by evansjeff(m): 11:40am On Aug 04, 2021
MrFinbarr:

Are you just naturally dull or you just wanna be stupid? Everything has to be tribalism? What's wrong with you Nigerians?

If your darling daddy Buhari isn't owing, the strike wouldn't have happened in the first place. What sort of nonsense mentality is this?

Nigerians seems to deserve the kinda leaders we get. It's obvious we haven't learned yet.

Exactly typical of dímwįts like you. Leaving the topic of interest. Anyways there’s no point replying these children that have taken over Nairaland. It wasn’t this bad before, all we have now is too many kids on this forum and I blame the owners.

PS: Please stop generalizing your suffering, not everyone is suffering like you. And not everyone have their lives depending on government. Get and go to work instead of waking up every day to wail from morning to night.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by macdominic22: 11:47am On Aug 04, 2021
dumiel:

me I be no fan of Wike as he's no different in attitude like d typical Naija politician but when I see a just cause, I reason first then analyse before typing rubbish like others do here all in da name of petty sentiments. We shd all ask oursevs if we were in Wike's shoes, would we fold our arms n watch innocent souls die by d minute? Especially, when he's not owing his workers as claimed by him.

i even read a lame post above from som1 comparing Wike's threats to d actions of El-Rufai as regards d same offshoot of NMA. I decided to pass becoz he cud be just anoda doc alwys trying to justify whatever they do irrespective of d circumstances.

truth is, it doesn't make any sense to embark on an indefinite sympathetic strike when u are not being owed! end of story!! And when it comes to renumeration, it's not just d docs that are underpaid in d health sector, d nurses, pharmacists, radiographers, lab scientists up to d support staff are all poorly paid as well. na known fact d thing be.. but these set of people even dare not try this incessant strike shit becos I can still remember vividly d last time they did under d body of JOHESU to fight for their rights, Drs Ngige & Adewole were d ones used to truncate d whole agitation & cease their salaries for d period they refused to work up till today, under d guise of no-work-no-pay..

So you realise that if doctors go on strike ,innocent people will die by the minute,but you don't want the welfare of doctors baaaaa.you see in this Nigeria I have realised everybody is selfish thinking only about themselves but when someelse is thinking about himself,you start crying FOUL FOULD,this is wrong this is wrong.do you understand the risk that doctors go thru everyday especially in rivers where there is a risk of lassa fever and you want to give somebody hazard pay of 5000 and not paying them too ohh.if it's oil workers,they would striked since.residency training in Nigeria is slavery but even a slave deserves his morsel of meat at the end of the day
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by MrFinbarr(m): 11:48am On Aug 04, 2021
evansjeff:

Exactly typical of dímwįts like you. Leaving the topic of interest. Anyways there’s no point replying these children that have taken over Nairaland. It wasn’t this bad before, all we have now is too many kids on this forum and I blame the owners.

PS: Please stop generalizing your suffering, not everyone is suffering like you. And not everyone have their lives depending on government. Get and go to work instead of waking up every day to wail from morning to night.

As I suspected, you are obviously very dull and retarded. I'm a Med. Dr. and I know how many of my colleagues left the country just last month. Stay n Nairaland and be keep focusing your anger in the wrong direction. 2023 is coming, idiots will still go and vote another retarded old politician who will wreck more havoc. You Nigerians never learn.

Resident Doctors are on strike, even the Consultants will join soon. Yesterday we were only able to see maximum of 20 patients out of over 50 folders that was available. Doctors are humans, with family, with needs, that requires money to be taken care of. I didn't become a doctor just to die for your sins and sickness you dimwit.

Keep wagging mouth on Nairaland while the country crumbles right before our eyes. Nonsense!!!
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by macdominic22: 11:52am On Aug 04, 2021
quentin06:

So if he is not to pay them, why is he threatening them?
Okay let me ask you this,Did el rufai pay the teachers that he was threatening. Wike is trying,nobody will refute that but there's still a long way to go
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Doubuzofficial: 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2021
Its the Audacity,Boldness and the Temerity for me
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Kinematics: 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2021
evansjeff:

[s]Exactly typical of dímwįts like you. Leaving the topic of interest. Anyways there’s no point replying these children that have taken over Nairaland. It wasn’t this bad before, all we have now is too many kids on this forum and I blame the owners[/s]

Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2021
mannobi:
Lazy docs.
Lazy and wicked docs.
so they should risk their own life for others abi? Their own life is not important ko ? Are ait and tvc govt orgs?
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by dumiel: 1:42pm On Aug 04, 2021
macdominic22:

So you realise that if doctors go on strike ,innocent people will die by the minute,but you don't want the welfare of doctors baaaaa.you see in this Nigeria I have realised everybody is selfish thinking only about themselves but when someelse is thinking about himself,you start crying FOUL FOULD,this is wrong this is wrong.do you understand the risk that doctors go thru everyday especially in rivers where there is a risk of lassa fever and you want to give somebody hazard pay of 5000 and not paying them too ohh.if it's oil workers,they would striked since.residency training in Nigeria is slavery but even a slave deserves his morsel of meat at the end of the day

get da f**k outta my mention if u ain't gonna address d salient issues I raised towards d end of my initial post & if u can't read in btw d lines that I never attacked d generality of d strike. I knew u lots are gonna come out like rabied dogs inside this thread to argue blindly..

respect yasef pls! I got enuf tranqullizers to go round.
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Dextre(m): 1:47pm On Aug 04, 2021
PrisonEscapee:

I never said I wasn't corrupt.

grin grin grin Then remove corrupt from the vocabulary u dey use abuse dem na
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Dextre(m): 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2021
MrFinbarr:

As I suspected, you are obviously very dull and retarded. I'm a Med. Dr. and I know how many of my colleagues left the country just last month. Stay n Nairaland and be keep focusing your anger in the wrong direction. 2023 is coming, idiots will still go and vote another retarded old politician who will wreck more havoc. You Nigerians never learn.

Resident Doctors are on strike, even the Consultants will join soon. Yesterday we were only able to see maximum of 20 patients out of over 50 folders that was available. Doctors are humans, with family, with needs, that requires money to be taken care of. I didn't become a doctor just to die for your sins and sickness you dimwit.

Keep wagging mouth on Nairaland while the country crumbles right before our eyes. Nonsense!!!

May God bless you there. Just bunch of slowpoke talking trash. Carry their life problems con pour the anger on another person, just imagine the kinda thing dey have woken up to talk about
Re: Rivers To Striking Doctors: Return To Work Within 24-Hours Or be dismissed by Dextre(m): 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2021
[quote author=quentin06 post=104409271]

I see 2 future corrupt doctors.[

Whatever you say my guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hospital Bag Essentials -Newborn and Nursing mothers / Kano Records 5 COVID-19 Deaths, Discharges 2 / NAFDAC Arraigns Chinese National Over Import Of Fake Diapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.