Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance (2066 Views)

What Tyre Size Is Best To Achieve Higher Ground Clearance? / Should I Raise My Car For Better Ground Clearance? / Lexus ES Becomes The 1st Prod Car With Digital Camera Instead Of Side Mirrors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Johnwicked(m): 11:36pm On Aug 03, 2021
Hello NL, I recently bought the 2007 ES350 but I noticed the ride is too low to the ground, after much contemplation I went to get the shocks jacked (added an inch of rubbers) now it’s higher but I feel the shape of the car has spoiled, also driving performance feels different (could be physiological)

I’m planning on taking it off but idk, Is there an alternative to solving ground clearance (maybe bigger tyres) or does this added rubbers later relax and compress over time?

Looking forward to your much helpful tips
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by alphabbey1(m): 12:34am On Aug 04, 2021
Johnwicked:
Hello NL, I recently bought the 2007 ES350 but I noticed the ride is too low to the ground, after much contemplation I went to get the shocks jacked (added an inch of rubbers) now it’s higher but I feel the shape of the car has spoiled, also driving performance feels different (could be physiological)

I’m planning on taking it off but idk, Is there an alternative to solving ground clearance (maybe bigger tyres) or does this added rubbers later relax and compress over time?

wanted to do same to mine but was advised the shape will no longer be fascinating, it will just look like corrola, and driving performance will no longer be smooth... return it asap back to its original state. The car is not built for bad roads, just dey try move slowly on bumps and do not bother to take it through bad roads on regular basis, let it be once a while. ... you will get used to the ground clearance, I no longer worry about it again.... majority of these modern sedans have low ground clearance, high ground clearance does not bring out there beauty. Another nairalander also complain of his C300

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by alphabbey1(m): 12:43am On Aug 04, 2021
Johnwicked:

Before you do anything to your car, please come to Nairaland or check YouTube first to see reviews of those in same shoes, check the comment section of those YouTube videos also... Do not listen to anything road side mechanic says (take this very important). If you are too quick to visit mechanic when you notice any issue with your car, that will be the means to an end of the ride....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Lexusgs430: 1:45am On Aug 04, 2021
Johnwicked:

Rather than use rubbers, just get an air suspension kit........ You can rise & drop, at a switch...........

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Originalsly: 6:04am On Aug 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Rather than use rubbers, just get an air suspension kit........ You can rise & drop, at a switch...........

Before buying a car ... consider the terrain.

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by grafixdon: 6:06am On Aug 04, 2021
Return to factory default, then get bigger rims.

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by mjizzie(m): 7:33am On Aug 04, 2021
My mechanic just raised mine a little and the shape is still very much intact.

3 Likes

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Lexusgs430: 7:58am On Aug 04, 2021
Originalsly:

Before buying a car ... consider the terrain.

Haba Oga ....... Nah suggestion, i just suggest o ....... grin
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Johnwicked(m): 8:36am On Aug 04, 2021
grafixdon:
Return to factory default, then get bigger rims.

Bigger rims or bigger tyres?
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Johnwicked(m): 8:37am On Aug 04, 2021
mjizzie:
My mechanic just raised mine a little and the shape is still very much intact.

I think the rubbers used is the same thickness, about an inch. You didn’t notice any difference with the driving either?
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Cokahot: 9:35am On Aug 04, 2021
Bro my advice is 7 springs max. And if you driving it On bad pot holes roles like a 20 ft stretch road,pls do ot exceed 10kph on the bad spot. I myself,I don't drive my vibe again,I was never used to driving on pot holes roads,things changed now I can't even keep the car clean for a week. Pls drive the car very slow,don't mind whoever is Horning behind u,but note that if you miss right pot hole,u will enter middle. My factory tyres dev a big puncture nd I was rolling on my rims for good 1min to vulcaniser shop,now my spare I dey on. The whole of nigera is cursed. I regret not having money to buy a house in a developed area. I regret it everyday,God will punish buhari. I am still counting my losses due to be roads I ply daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by grafixdon: 9:49am On Aug 04, 2021
Johnwicked:

Bigger rims or bigger tyres?

Change to 17" rims
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Johnwicked(m): 11:17am On Aug 04, 2021
grafixdon:

Change to 17" rims

It is already a 17” rim, I was advised to get a 60 or 65 width instead of the 55 it has now
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Originalsly: 12:13pm On Aug 04, 2021
Lexusgs430:

grin

Haba Oga ....... Nah suggestion, i just suggest o ....... grin

grin

Haha Oga ... nah cookie I be and just pop up appropriate advertisement?........ grin
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Originalsly: 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2021
Johnwicked:

It is already a 17” rim, I was advised to get a 60 or 65 width instead of the 55 it has now

Not a car guy ... but note it's only up to a certain diameter of the entire wheel will work. I guess maybe just one inch greater than standard or you'll run into problems with the tyres making contact with the body of the car. Basically ... if you increase the rim diameter by an inch then you have to reduce the tyres profile by an inch. It's not much you can do to give this type of car a few inches more clearance. Wider tyres have nothing to do with clearance period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by mjizzie(m): 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2021
Johnwicked:

I think the rubbers used is the same thickness, about an inch. You didn’t notice any difference with the driving either?
Nothing different but I did wheel balancing and alignment after

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Lexusgs430: 5:54pm On Aug 04, 2021
Originalsly:

grin

Haha Oga ... nah cookie I be and just pop up appropriate advertisement?........ grin

Very strange how you search for something online ......

All of a sudden, your email and timelines are populated and stalked with similar products ...... grin

1 Like

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by homeboy205: 1:21am On Aug 05, 2021
Johnwicked:

I just changed a es 330 Tyre size from
The factory 55 to 60. Without touching factory shocks. Car is higher and I still have to drive slowly in pot holes. Changing Tyre is your answer
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:48am On Aug 05, 2021
When staying in a rugged road terrain ,get an suv so you dont have to worry about ground clearance.most Nigerians buy cars without considering the roads they ply most

2 Likes

Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by omakay(m): 1:25am On Aug 07, 2021
My brother, you should know the spec of vehicle that you have.

The Lexus brand is a LUXURIOUS PERFORMANCE SEDAN.

It's a sedan so ground clearance is usually low.

It's a luxurious vehicle. Not meant or built for bad/offroads in mind.

Performance sedans usually do need to almost kiss the ground like super cars so as to perform in the max.

I own a es300 and despite my 18inch rim, I had to work on my kyb shocks to achieve low ground clearance. This is what is expected of a lexus sedan. If you don't want that, then maybe you should not be using a lexus.
Re: 2007 Lexus ES 350 Bad Ground Clearance by latiriko1981: 10:31am On Jun 16, 2023
If you are looking to buy a Lexus ES 350 2007 car in Nigeria, you should read this comprehensive review and buyer’s guide. It covers important aspects such as performance, comfort, safety, features, and price. With this review and buyer’s guide, you can be sure to get the best value for your money when buying a Lexus ES 350 2007 car in Nigeria.

Furthermore, it shares tips on how to find the best deal and other useful information. Visit reviewerschoice_000_pe/2023/06/13/lexus-es-350-2007-nigeria-car-review-and-buyers-guide/ for more information..

Visit reviewerschoice_000_pe/2023/06/13/lexus-es-350-2007-nigeria-car-review-and-buyers-guide/ for more information..

(1) (Reply)

Dashboard Light Issues / 2005 Pontiac Vibe Vs Camry 2006 Big Daddy / What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.